Hazing

FBEmeritus

Oh,so the kid was FINE, everything is FINE, no harm no foul? How sick is that?

How does that kid feel now, pyschologically? Anybody care? What does he think about the team? What do his friends think? What do other students think?

"We're sorry," I guess that covers all sins.

We exploded his spleen-We're sorry

He can't see out of his left eye-We're sorry

He went into convulsions and died-We're sorry.

We didn't know this would happen-We're sorry.

Sorry, I guess that is the PERFECT word.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KTownJackets,

You got a lot to learn it can be changed and the School board can do it, also the superintendant can also change it.

Don't bet on it being thrown out of court, they HAVE been charged and they have already confessed to the school and that is admissible in court and a lawsuit is very, very winnable against the school, the county school system, the county and the players parents if the filers so desire. It happened on school property and has been admitted to, and on top of that mishandled by the school.

The lesson here is they commited a crime and you would like it covered up and to go away. But guess what? It will not go away until justice is served and your idea of justice is dead wrong just like Vic King's and Jodie McCloud's was dead wrong and I commend these parents for stepping forward to stop a travesty that is going on. You say they were only 6 well I know for a fact there was 20 but only 6 had the fortitude to step forward!

Now lets see you explain away the threats of retribution going on at that school with the same logic you try and explain away a crime that was committed.

Being sorry isn't enough if it was there would be alot of spare room in the jails. Your attitude is wrong and your sense of justice is convoluted to the point of being almost non-exsistant. Do you have any clue how easily son Child could have been crippled? huh? Don't say i couldn't have happened because it almost did!

They deserve what they get and shame on you for thinking otherwise. It was pre-meditated Assualt and should be treated as just that. Why was player doing this who has already been arrested and charged with another crime? so I guess he's sorry twice and that makes everything just fine huh? It doesn't work that way and its time THEM and YOU find that out. Too bad they have to find it out the hard way!

It wouldn't have went this far if Vic King and Jodie McCloud had been real men and done what was right but they aren't and they didn't!

That crack about helping their wallet is garbage and EVERYONE knows it. With the High and Mighty Kingston it is obvious that only monutary damages will open their eyes to the criminal behavior that they have perpetuated by their lame actions.he sad thing ALL Roane County Tax payers will wind up getting hurt by the lame actions of Vic King and Jodie McCloud just becuse the Image of the school is tied to wins by the football team.

I never said that the punishment was justified as it is. I am just saying that the punishment has been declared and nothing will change that.

McLoud offered a plea bargain. That is a contract! you cannot break a contract!!! That is why he nor anyone else can change it.

TSSAA Cannot do anything about the suspension. It just wont happen. But, yes, they can do something about them playing football.

The School Board WILL Not change it. First of all, if they did, then every squabble that happened, the school board would heard about it. They dont have time for it. Think about it. Its not their job.

In case you didnt hear. There was a school board meeting thursday night and guess what. Not a dang thing happened. One particular parent upset and moaned alot but other than that. The supperintendent (Gary Collins) said that he coulnt do anything. It is the principals job to hand out punishments.

By the way, I would LOVE to talk to you and you tell me how you know for a fact that 20 were there. I would love it - Because, there may have been 20 there - but they just stood there and watched what was happening.

Guest region4fan

In case you didn't know......sitting a watching a crime w/o reporting it is called an accessoryto the fact. That is punishable by law if the parents see fit to include them in any warrants etc.

Because, there may have been 20 there - but they just stood there and watched what was happening

What kind of young men are you and vic king raising there in kingston? If there were actually 20 watching the hazing take place and yet did nothing to stop it then that makes the hazing look even worse. This is a really bad indication that the ones doing it were really in charge (to the point that the others were afraid to speak up) or maybe the 20 were approving of the act! Either way, (and I stated this on another post) the ppl of germany watched and didnt lift a finger as Hitler led them into WWII and eventual distruction! If you have 20 individuals that would sit back and allow younger ppl to be abused, hazed, picked on, whatever term you want to use, then you have a serious problem at kingston high school and it shines a poor light not only on the kids but the parents that raised them also. I have taught my kids to take up for kids that are bullied or picked on and I hope they are strong enough to do it if the situation arises. Kingston fans can turn a blind eye to this, cover it up, explain it away, pretend it didnt happen, etc etc, but that doesnt make it go away and it doesnt erase the black eye that the school now has. If I had a child that played at Kingston I would want this completely looked into, not covered up. And I would want the perpetrators punished APPROPRIATELY! Because the innocent kids on the football team are going to be lumped into the same boat with the hazors! And if my child were innocent I would want that to be made public. And it is the biggest crock i ever heard to say that since a deal has been made that now nothing else can be done! I cant believe you parents of the guilty ones.....i know you want to get your kids off free without anything happening, but its not going to happen! You do the crime, you do the time!

No what was said by the Superintendent was that he had a hard time overruling a principal but he didn't say whether he would or wouldn't and for you information it is the school boards job! and also if they so desire they can change it!

Why do you want to talk to me since it obvious you cannot handle the facts now let alone any other time.

Take this to the bank its not over!

Guest region4fan

Maybe afraid if they tried to run , it would call attention to them and they would be the next target and struck harder for being a NARC!! That sure does not mean that they approved !

We never really had any hazing at Maryville ...... we were too busy winning ball games :( Seriously, hazing to a point is ok as long as it does not become physical. If someone cannot handle the mental hazing that does go on, then they really need to question whether or not they want to play this game. Football is a tough game and you have to be mentally prepared just as much physically. I know that isn't the PC thing to say and will prolly make some people mad, but those are the facts of life.

I belive hazing, kept within bounds is a wonderful thing. I remeber being told to jump off a chair onto broken glass. I was blindfolded and they promised me I wouldn't get hurt. They pulled the glass underneath the chair so I did not get hurt. It took me about a minute to jump, but I finally did. I did not get hurt, but did learn to trust those guys with my life.