Franklin 25 Lincoln County 19

FHSrebel27

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big D I feel same way you do Fraley did his job to the end.  LC to showed flashes of being the better team the D just stayed on the field too long.  The receivers missed some good passes they will get better.

825308245[/snapback]

just like 2002 lc had no kicking game it kept them in the hole all night and gave franklin great field posistion .the falcons defense is very good to keep the game close as it was and have a shot to win in the end.got to find a punter or it will be a long year.

I was talking with a member of the 2002 Franklin Rebels (we were listening to the game online) and we both picked up on the parallels between this game and the one in 2002. The rain towards the end, the LC kicking situation, the late turnover with LC driving for the win... it was unreal.

WAY TO GO REBS!

825308329[/snapback]

Except that it didn't get postponed until the next night, forcing a certain loyal BA fan to miss it...

If Tim Johnson makes his DB core run a mile for everytime they allowed a receiver to get behind them, than the run up and down I-65 tomorrow to watch the Centennial - BA game will just about cover it.

Sloppy play, as was to be expected. Both teams did a better job than I thought they would protecting the ball. Penalties were not an issue per se. At least not for silly things like delay of game or illegal substitution. So over all pretty good for a first game.

Both teams sported new QBs and it showed. A pretty blahzey pattern of running up the middle by both teams. Jonathon Haines played the first half for FHS and did about what we had seen in camp, nothing fancy, take care of the ball and throw some short passes. All in all with the exception of one broken play where he was sacked, I thought he looked good.

Gregory for LC had a tremendous first quarter as did Bryson. Both had big runs around the outside. I didn't hear the half time stats but I think LC was about 140 yds to Franklin's 50 or so.

Darrien Waters was constant all night, nothing flashy just good hard running.

The second half was won by both the OL and the DL of Franklin. In the third quarter Franklin put everyone in the box and dared Louie to throw it. Gregory was hammered over and over again by a host of FHS tacklers most notably Hottard, Pace and Leach, all for zero gain. Meanwhile the middle of FHS OLine made some good lanes for Waters and for the new QB Michael Mikrut.

Finally in the fourth quarter Louie let his rookie throw the ball and he threw it well!!

The Achillies heel of Franklin showed up!! Our DBs need alot of work!!

Had Lincoln County started throwing earlier and had they not dropped so many passes they would have won this game. But if IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas! I think Franklin had a visit from Santa Claus last night!

Mikrut. Waters, and Hottard really seemed to bring the rest of the team to life with their stellar play.

No neither of these teams were as strong as they were last year, but both are going to be alot better than they played tonight. Congratultions to all the players on a hard fought game!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Congrats to Franklin and Coach Tim. We were treated with utmost class that you could have asked for and a special thanks to Franklin's radio crew for sharing their radio booth with us. If we never do another TV game it will be ok with me, the timeouts are almost unbearable, and it makes the game way longer than it should be. They totally disrupt the flow of the game to the point that any momentum that one team gets is lost after one of those long timeouts.

What we had here was two very young teams, that at this point ,have a long way to go to get to be a playoff contender that's for sure.

L.C. had way too many dropped passes and too many overthrown recievers that were wide open to really have a chance to win the game. Gregory ran the ball very well in the first Qt. and part of the second but after that he was totally shut down by the Rebel defense. But it's hard to run the ball when the defense has 9, 10 and at times it looked like 11 players within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. The defense really played very well when you consider that they were on the field for most of the second half. L.C. had the chance to put Franklin away in the first half and didn't get any points on two possessions deep inside Franklin territory in the second qt., and it came back to bite them in the end, and kicking game wasn't up to par that's for sure.

We will learn from this and move on to Blackman next week.

What a game! Franklin intercepts the ball with less than a minute to go and seals the victory... WAY TO GO REBS! I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who were at the game will have more details.

825308192[/snapback]

Did you notice who intercepted the pass? Todd Campbell's son ! Kid caught three passes and played one play on defense .... the interception!

Good job coming back Rebels, taking Gregory out of the game, and chalking up your first win. After the first half, I thought you guys had some serious issues-but superior coaching made the difference. Mikrut definitely gives you more options than the starter (one attempted pass in the first half-Franklin football?). Secondary had trouble all night. I also think your side outcoached the visitors, particularly the second half. And your kicking game is the best I've seen since Bliss/Vaughn at BA. That will prove to be a HUGE weapon going forward-particularly with a young team.

Lincoln County-is less than one dimensional called "fractional-dimensional?"

Problem 1: Absolutely no kicking game and a grade school punting game forced you into some pitiful options-that all blew up in your face. And the protection schemes looked like you drew them up before the game. With no kicking/punting game, you gave up field position routinely. Give anyone a short field enough times-they will score on you.

Problem 2: For the vast majority of the game, either your QB couldn't hit the receiver or the receiver couldn't catch a beach ball. No short or intermediate routes called (or run) when needed. So what does Franklin do?-dares you to show that you can beat them through the air. Franklin put 8-9-10-11 players in the box-and yet all you can do is give it to Gregory. That's what NO passing game does to you-and against Tim Johnson, you better have more than one weapon.

Problem 3: Announcers said Gregory has hamstring issues. He also wore down noticeably. Fact is, once Franklin figured out that you give the ball to Gregory 85% of the time, shut him down and stop the run-you can't beat them.

Problem 4: With no offense (see 2,3) and no way to change field position (see 1) the defense spent too much time on the field and wore down. Did you make any adjustments in the second half?

Good job Rebels, way to show them what 6-5A (and WillCo) football is like in 2004.

Better news for everyone-it was the first game and no upside/downside for Region totals.

Good job coming back Rebels, taking Gregory out of the game, and chalking up your first win. After the first half, I thought you guys had some serious issues-but superior coaching made the difference. Mikrut definitely gives you more options than the starter (one attempted pass in the first half-Franklin football?).  Secondary had trouble all night. I also think your side outcoached the visitors, particularly the second half.  And your kicking game is the best I've seen since Bliss/Vaughn at BA.  That will prove to be a HUGE weapon going forward-particularly with a young team.

Lincoln County-is less than one dimensional called "fractional-dimensional?"

Problem 1: Absolutely no kicking game and a grade school punting game forced you into some pitiful options-that all blew up in your face. And the protection schemes looked like you drew them up before the game. With no kicking/punting game, you gave up field position routinely. Give anyone a short field enough times-they will score on you.

Problem 2:  For the vast majority of the game, either your QB couldn't hit the receiver or the receiver couldn't catch a beach ball.  No short or intermediate routes called (or run) when needed. So what does Franklin do?-dares you to show that you can beat them through the air. Franklin put 8-9-10-11 players in the box-and yet all you can do is give it to Gregory.  That's what NO passing game does to you-and against Tim Johnson, you better have more than one weapon. 

Problem 3: Announcers said Gregory has hamstring issues. He also wore down noticeably.  Fact is, once Franklin figured out that you give the ball to Gregory 85% of the time, shut him down and stop the run-you can't beat them. 

Problem 4:  With no offense (see 2,3) and no way to change field position (see 1) the defense spent too much time on the field and wore down.  Did you make any adjustments in the second half?

Good job Rebels, way to show them what 6-5A (and WillCo) football is like in 2004.

Better news for everyone-it was the first game and no upside/downside for Region totals.

825308509[/snapback]

I'd have to say that pretty much sums it all up :(