CPA Swamps Goodpasture

divepix

Goodpasture left much to be desired from what i saw last night, but nevertheless they are always a contender in the post season and end up having a good year. Last night was more or less a wake up call for the younger players of GP than anything (from the previous posts, it seems GP has young talent.....what year is #45 by the way....good RB).

As for CPA, they looked incredible. Although sloppy at times, their overall performance was great to watch. Landers has put on size and gotten even better at running, VERY rarely being tackled in the field of play and almost always having to be knocked out of bounds. Pollock is not very fast, but a good passer and leader. Sikes, although quiet last night, laid some hits and showed his athletic ability on numerous occasions. Also, CPA's defense looked very good, virtually shutting down one of the top receivers in the country (according to Unapproved Website) Great game to watch, especially with GP's comeback. Good luck to both of these teams in the rest of the season.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture didn't have much of an offensive plan or at least it didn't look that way. In the second half they probably didn't have 50 yards total offense, but they have the talent to make it to the playoffs. I agree that 1A and 2A are not that different in talent level, so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise that CPA won. Riverdale is another situation. They have manhandled everybody that they scrimmaged-MBA, Brentwood and others - not just beat, but completely destroyed. Riverdale could be one of the top ten teams in the nation, so if CPA can get through without injuries and learn from playing such a talented opponent, it will benefit them later in the year. Congratulations to Coach Matthews and all of the other coaches on their first win at CPA.

Actually they play Lipscomb week 4.  So the BGA and Boyd comment is incorrect.  The Cougars travel to Ezell next Friday.

Also they are sophomores.  By definition they will greatly improve by the end of the year.  CPA's kicker was the difference in the first half.  They had right at 100 yards for the half and 23 points.  66 of those yards came on one play.  CPA's ability to kick and Goodpastures lack thereof was a huge difference in the beginning. 

Both of these teams will be pretty good teams come week 11.

825309270[/snapback]

Maybe I should have said they don't play anybody good until BGA and Boyd. :(

From what I have heard...DL is down quite a bit too. Time will tell though.

Edited by Antwan

whats with all this GP is all sophmores.........cpa has three sophmores on the O-line and one freshman as well as a junior and senoir who sub in and out....#44 who made a big impact on the running game lead blocking for landers is a sophmore and a beast at that, the starting recievers other than sikes are a freshman and sophmore, the corner who was guarding turner half the time was a sophmore, the star linebacker is a sophmore, as are others.....please what grade you are in has little to do with how good are on the field..so dont "blame" losing on GP sophmores

both schools sophmores are amazing and so are both teams each will make an impact in there division

good luck goodpasture

Antwan, to say GP will not be a factor in 2A is ludicrous. They are among the class of 2A each year. To try to totally deny the importance and impressiveness of CPA's victory with a new coach at Goodpasture is totally uncalled for. And they SHOULDN'T be expected to even contend with Riverdale. NO team in the state should this year.

Again, congrats to CPA.

Antwan, to say GP will not be a factor in 2A is ludicrous. They are among the class of 2A each year. To try to totally deny the importance and impressiveness of CPA's victory with a new coach at Goodpasture is totally uncalled for. And they SHOULDN'T be expected to even contend with Riverdale. NO team in the state should this year.

Again, congrats to CPA.

825309455[/snapback]

Again...I will say that they will have to improve to be a factor. I did not say they would not be a factor. I fully expect them to improve. You people crack me up.

I also said CPA is a very good 1a team. What do you want me to say? CPA is the best team in the country...they will definitely pound Riverdale to shreds...Sheesh!

Learn how to take a compliment without searching for unfounded undertones.

Edited by Antwan

Again...I will say that they will have to improve to be a factor.  I did not say they would not be a factor.  I fully expect them to improve.  You people crack me up. 

I also said CPA is a very good 1a team.  What do you want me to say?  CPA is the best team in the country...they will definitely pound Riverdale to shreds...Sheesh!

Learn how to take a compliment without searching for unfounded undertones.

825309462[/snapback]

Antwan,

When you learn how to word your compliments properly, others will take them properly.

You suffer from the "I make perfect posts - the rest of the word are idiots" syndrome quite common among CoachT posters.

If you are going to get involved in threads about games and teams you haven't seen and portray yourself as an expert, expect other thoughtful posters to respond and disagree. Dont' assume the rest of the world accepts your version as the right one.