Cloudland vs. Sullivan East

King of Landers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jealousy is killling you cat. OR you would post intelligently on threads. Sad <_< and obviously troubled. You sure are worried about Elizabethon. Well, they are young but talented and hungry. New coach. Had a very good freshman and JV team last year. Probably will take some lumps this year, but will build on the good things thru the season. Sound familiar? Very similar situation in Cloudland. You can't be on top every year, but positive attitudes build success. Give it a try.

Edited by GLee

I wasn't at the game. I had to work. :( Picked up the star this morning and read Sullivan East 42 Cloudland 8. The paper said there were a lot of injuries. Please guys, tell me they are not fake. Someone told me it was 20-8 in the 4th quarter, then the Cloudland boys just laid down and got smashed 42-8 in the final minutes. Please, tell me this ain't true. ;)

I wasn't at the game. I had to work. :(  Picked up the star this morning and read Sullivan East 42 Cloudland 8. The paper said there were a lot of injuries. Please guys, tell me they are not fake. Someone told me it was 20-8 in the 4th quarter, then the Cloudland boys  just laid down and got smashed 42-8 in the final minutes. Please, tell me this ain't true.  ;)

825315684[/snapback]

I was at the game. They played tough but they made some mistakes and had a some turnovers that hurt bad. I don't think they laid down at all. They had some injuries throughout the game and they struggled toward the end. Possum had some awesome hits. Jonah was a workhorse and I thought BJ played the best game of his career. These losses are hard but if they stick together as a team, it will make them tough when it comes conference time. We just need to get through these first few games without any injuries. That will be a huge factor because there isn't a lot of depth. We haven't been off to an 0-2 start in a long time but

don't count them out because I saw a lot of heart last night, regardless of the score. I am proud of them!

Also, I just want to say that it was sad that the stands were empty. A little support would be nice. They deserve it.

Edited by 67CamaroGirl

Good post camarogirl and glee. The stands were empty?!?! Where are all those people that followed the team over the past 4 years? Were they just ML and MB fans? The community needs to get behind these kids. They need the support a whole lot more this year than last. Sounds like the community is letting these boys down. This team will learn as the year goes on. This is not last years team. these boys will find their own way. King, I played a lot and I never saw anyone from Cloudland fake an injury. These boys are cut from the same stuff. They won't just lay down. I'd say if their hurt, they're hurt.

The stands were empty?!?! Where are all those people that followed the team over the past 4 years?

Well Let's just say that the last time we went to East, it was packed. You definitely did not have trouble finding a seat last night. I just hope that was because the game was on a Thursday and people were confused. I know Rye Cove is a long trip but I really hope that the fans will make the effort. Fan support goes a long way mentally. Remember Cherokee '02?