Maryville v.s. Alcoa

*MHSfootball*

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have sparingly been placed throughout my other posts, but sure. i think duckie will be a big impact on the game, but i just dont think he has enough to get by the d-line and our storng corps of linebackers. warren is a great player but we have speed on the corners, and great playmakers at safety with clement and childs. fiedler will have a great game with enough time to throw for the most part, but i see jeff smith getting to him a couple times, maybe not with a sack, but at least causing a hurry and possibly forcing him into bad decisions. i dont know much about alcoa's defense but i know that Maryville's offense is at the top of its game, with the experienced O-line, and our very own north carolina tar heel cade thompson at quarterback, clement is a big play reciever, ryan jenkins will sneak by you and stephen childs has speed and great hands. sophomore ryan maples can be big in this game if they put him in occasionally and use is explosive speed, i think it will be a great game, but i still think that Maryville will come out on top, partially because im biased, and the other half being our team is too well balanced to lose to a 2A team with not much depth, we have way too many tricks in the bag and players who will surprise you when you least expect it

Well that's about the best post I've seen from you Raider. That is all true, except I disagree with you on some points. I know that ya'll have some tremendous recievers, but with the exception of lanxter, we have a great secondary. I also think that when ya'll are on offense, and we are on defense, we will have a state championship caliber play. Our defense is at the top of its game, and apparently your offense is at theirs. Our D-Line is very experienced, big, and quick, and should match up block for block with your O-line.

TnVols,

I kind of think that Brian Sommer should get a start in the Maryville game. Granted, he is only a freshman, but he's kind of like the juniors now when they were freshman, he's very mature for his age. I hear about the Miami and FSU camps he's been too and I must say it impresses me....plus he made one of the best catches I've ever seen at the high school level against SD.

I've heard from some friends and other players, that he's attended the Bowden camp before, and really impressed the coaches apparently. I've also heard he's been to Miami camp and one at UT. I've also heard that the Nike Elite camp that hosted Warren and Fiegler, are possibly interested in having him attend nest summer.