Maryville v.s. Alcoa

*MHSfootball*

My thoughts exactly there MHS.

I can still remember in 2001 when I personally congratulated Red Banks Coach on their season and the previous years 15-0, 5A state championship after Maryville beat a Gerald Riggs lead offence. Riggs got 67 yards and the coach was telling the group of us there "Gerald never got hit like that, Maryville really had his number".

Maryville is prepared and up to the task to be as physical as necessary to stop or slow down Alcoa's two or three great 2A players.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having D1 prospects that Alcoa thinks they have, does not make this a big edge. No disrespect toward these good players, but I haven’t heard they are hot prospects, yet. ALL State 2A, for sure but D1, SEC? If they were on 4 or 5A teams then maybe. Again no disrespect. Like I posted earlier Maryville has prepared and stopped top notch players before, GQ and company know this game.

You're joking, right? Every freaking school in the southeast is all over Warren and Lindsey, with Georgia heading the list. Junior year is evaluation time, but players are scouted as early as their freshman year. Big-time programs watch guys very, very early on. I know you probably don't have any inside recruiting connections, but a certain rivals recruiting guy who runs a UT site (you can narrow that down I hope) says that UT has Lindsey and Warren at the top of their board for next year. They like Lindsey as an LB as much as RB and Warren as a TE.

Once again, you all should do more research.

Sorry I should have quantified my statement by saying there are allot of D1 schools out there GA, UT, MICH, MIA, FLA, NEB ect..! These and others are BIG TIME D1! This is what I follow and am excited about. Getting an offer from any school to trade some playing time for a college education is great deal and experience for the kid and his/her family. MTSU & Memphis is also D1. Not exactly what I consider the Big Time, in my opinion, good programs with some great players who go to the NFL now and then but not the Big Time, like the SEC and Big Ten. Soon the ACC me thinks as well!

Looking at my Rivals information, that I pay for, and by the way is one of the top requiting sources for us informed fans within the top 100 there are only four TN players on it, and guess what none of them are from Alcoa! That includes the Class of 2006. Now I think your stars will get requited but they are not big time players as I define it. Kids like Central's Jackson, Maryville's Stewart, Prugh, Black, Wilks and Red Banks Riggs are/were. (Riggs was not to Local)

UT now that is funny-----I would love to see a local kid from Blount county make an impact on resident Fulmer's Program. I think some of them from around here could given a chance, but presently this is not the philosophy of the UT Program.

By the way in 1952 Lynn Swann was born in Alcoa, why did you guys let that guy's family move to California????

Having D1 prospects that Alcoa thinks they have, does not make this a big edge. No disrespect toward these good players, but I haven’t heard they are hot prospects, yet. ALL State 2A, for sure but D1, SEC? If they were on 4 or 5A teams then maybe. Again no disrespect. Like I posted earlier Maryville has prepared and stopped top notch players before, GQ and company know this game.

You're joking, right?  Every freaking school in the southeast is all over Warren and Lindsey, with Georgia heading the list.  Junior year is evaluation time, but players are scouted as early as their freshman year.  Big-time programs watch guys very, very early on.  I know you probably don't have any inside recruiting connections, but a certain rivals recruiting guy who runs a UT site (you can narrow that down I hope) says that UT has Lindsey and Warren at the top of their board for next year.  They like Lindsey as an LB as much as RB and Warren as a TE. 

Once again, you all should do more research.

825310577[/snapback]

I hope they do make it to UT and no doubt they are worthy. I am just saying that football is the consemate "team" sport and a 2A power with a handful of D1 prospects will have their hands full against a 4A power that two platoons.

Conditioning and depth are certainly keys in this game. The backs involved are undoubtedly good. I think that this game rests on the shoulders of the two very good QB's that will be on the field. Historically pass defense is usually the glaring weakness on most high school teams.

I think there will be some aerial fireworks with Thompson and Fiegler on the same field and there success or failure may well be the difference here.

Conditioning and depth are certainly keys in this game. The backs involved are undoubtedly good. I think that this game rests on the shoulders of the two very good QB's that will be on the field. Historically pass defense is usually the glaring weakness on most high school teams.

I think there will be some aerial fireworks with Thompson and Fiegler on the same field and there success or failure may well be the difference here.

825310700[/snapback]

If that is the case Alcoa's O-line better be much improved from last year. Fiegler had to run for his life last year. Thompson has an outstanding pass blocking line in front of him.

Looking at my Rivals information, that I pay for, and by the way is one of the top requiting sources for us informed fans within the top 100 there are only four TN players on it, and guess what none of them are from Alcoa! That includes the Class of 2006. Now I think your stars will get requited but they are not big time players as I define it. Kids like Central's Jackson, Maryville's Stewart, Prugh, Black, Wilks and Red Banks Riggs are/were. (Riggs was not to Local

You are COMPLETELY clueless when it comes to recruiting. A rivals subscription doesn't buy you inside info or let you know how their system works. Let me fill you in some:

With 4 Top 100 players this year, Tennessee has set a mark for the highest number EVER from the state in one year. You stated "only four" in your post...you might want to know what you're talking about before belitting numbers.

Rivals did not have any of those guys you listed in their database as JUNIORS. They don't list juniors unless they are players like Fred Rouse or Derrick Williams (THE ABSOLUTE BEST in the nation) or unless they are someone that a coach has requested they add to the site that they've done a background check on and know they are a high D1A caliber player. They generally don't start really adding to their database until about March of the year before a guy is a senior. That's their order of things right now. Their rankings are a compilation of all kinds of things (number of offers, grades, coaches evaluations, talk with sources inside coaching staffs off the record, combine numbers, etc).

Of course their are none from Alcoa in this year's Top 100 you idiot...THEY ARE JUNIORS and one sophomore. Cade Thompson wasn't even added to their database until the middle of July and he just committed to a high D1A school. What does that tell you about their pecking order in terms of adding players to the database?

Stick to talking about Maryville. Leave the recruiting for people who follow it closely.

Looking at my Rivals information, that I pay for, and by the way is one of the top requiting sources for us informed fans within the top 100 there are only four TN players on it, and guess what none of them are from Alcoa! That includes the Class of 2006. Now I think your stars will get requited but they are not big time players as I define it. Kids like Central's Jackson, Maryville's Stewart, Prugh, Black, Wilks and Red Banks Riggs are/were. (Riggs was not to Local

You are COMPLETELY clueless when it comes to recruiting.  A rivals subscription doesn't buy you inside info or let you know how their system works.  Let me fill you in some:

With 4 Top 100 players this year, Tennessee has set a mark for the highest number EVER from the state in one year.  You stated "only four" in your post...you might want to know what you're talking about before belitting numbers.

Rivals did not have any of those guys you listed in their database as JUNIORS.  They don't list juniors unless they are players like Fred Rouse or Derrick Williams (THE ABSOLUTE BEST in the nation) or unless they are someone that a coach has requested they add to the site that they've done a background check on and know they are a high D1A caliber player.  They generally don't start really adding to their database until about March of the year before a guy is a senior.  That's their order of things right now.  Their rankings are a compilation of all kinds of things (number of offers, grades, coaches evaluations, talk with sources inside coaching staffs off the record, combine numbers, etc). 

Of course their are none from Alcoa in this year's Top 100 you idiot...THEY ARE JUNIORS and one sophomore.  Cade Thompson wasn't even added to their database until the middle of July and he just committed to a high D1A school.  What does that tell you about their pecking order in terms of adding players to the database?

Stick to talking about Maryville.  Leave the recruiting for people who follow it closely.

825310929[/snapback]

LOL Vita..........perhaps you need to meet this "idiot" as you have thrown out. I can assure that a computer screen and keyboard won't protect you this time. You better hope that he doesn't take your comments seriously or you may have bit off alot more than you can chew. When is the last time you have taken on a former NFL and college player that still looks like he could play today?

"rubbing hands together" this could be a popcorn and peanut extravaganza

MLReb....I tried to call and get your prediction, but no one answered once again. I am also thinking that it could be a good battle between Vita And FBemeritus, because I know how big FBEmeritus is, and I have, unfortunately, seen the steroid pictures of VitaVol.

Back to football, I would like to disagree on the part about Lanxter not catching a ball yet. He caught 3 against SD but dropped the big one.

I would just like to toss out a little Over/Under for everyone

Alcoa Margin of Victory

Duck's Rushing Yards

Fieglers Passing Yards

Thompson's passing yards

Clement Recieving

Warren Recieving

Sacks against Alcoa

Sacks against Maryville

Turnovers- Alcoa

Turnovers- Maryville