Maryville v.s. Alcoa

*MHSfootball*

i agree with you for the most part mhs , but i do believe Ryan Tallent is a step or 2 above our other backs right now . the 3 or 4 other backs after him  i agree are interchangeable .

825311724[/snapback]

I agree with your thoughts on Talent. I watched him play for Danny Maples and the bears a few years back anticipating when he would be wearing red and black. Miles has been a pleasant surprise and Singleton has run very well also. And also we must consider the fact that Adrian Baker has not had a touch yet and could eventually be in the top two or three.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Vitavol

Reading your posts of personnel insults and your obliviously stolid comments, one can only arrive at the fact that you are void of knowledge and are clueless concerning the game of football. You support your team with your classless comments that are only serving to promote yourself and to make a vain display of one's own worth, attainments, and your lack of mentality. Your jealous hatred of a great program has overcome and now rules you.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser”.

- Socrates

For real fans of the Alcoa High School, I wish you all the luck and fortune this season. With people like vitavol, or whoever he is, supporting your team it takes away some of your class. A sad commentary indeed.

I come here to discuss the great game of Football and do not need to satisfy or convince others of my experience, knowledge in and around the game.

By the way GQ had a diet-coke!

FBEmeritus Posted Today, 09:44 AM

To Vitavol

By the way GQ had a diet-coke!

hehe , that was classic !! oh wait ! regular coke is classic , diet coke ... just diet coke . we're trying our best to keep you informed of the facts as we know them vita !! :blink: we'll try to give you a lunch update on GQ as soon as we buy it for him !!

LOL Vita..........perhaps you need to meet this "idiot" as you have thrown out. I can assure that a computer screen and keyboard won't protect you this time. You better hope that he doesn't take your comments seriously or you may have bit off alot more than you can chew. When is the last time you have taken on a former NFL and college player that still looks like he could play today?

"rubbing hands together" this could be a popcorn and peanut extravaganza

825310966[/snapback]

FBEmeritus is to much of a gentleman to stoop to such classless bantering with the almighty VitaVol.

Sorry Alcoa fans, RebelRaider has always had maturity issues. We try to ignore them.

I intend to cheer on all of the great athletes and good playmakers on the field (as many of you know, I have some "issues" with this game). Good luck and safety to all who participate. It should be a great atmosphere.

God bless Justin! #20

Edited by Rebelsman

FB, I know you are completely embarassed by the rivals ranking breakdown earlier in this thread, and how your lack of knowledge was exposed, but, for the Love of God, don't stoop to the level of calling statements slanderous to take the focus off your stupidity.

Pep, I like dealing with people like you. You're easy to rile up and you know your role in society.

Lmao Tom...

Seriously though guys, I don't want to get this thread blocked, so if we could please talk about football that would be great. We all know that FBEmeritus could lay the smack down on VitaVol and that Flashy and Alcoaboi would tear up Rebel Raiders. Please let this slide, and let's talk some more football. Would be interested in hearing comments about the Over/Under I posted. MHS I agree with your thoughts about depth at running back. Indeed, if Joei, or Duck, or Warren got hurt, we would be in some deep schisnakus, because we just don't have top-quality players below the second level of our depth chart.

Good post and I agree, need to stay on track. Insults won’t hinder my thoughts because like many, one must consider the source. Won't go to the gutter.

It was interesting looking at the Prep Power Poll posting. Really don’t like being on top of a poll to early but we’ll take it and try to defend it. I also think we’ll be up to it come season at hand.

Agree depth to be a key issue. I expect Alcoa to be as physical as they can be and viewers can expect the same from Maryville. The difference is many of the kids for MHS in the 3rd and 4th qrts will have had some rest regardless of the late score in the game. Sure I understand the Tornados are used to going both ways, but they aren’t used to going both ways vs. a team like Maryville.

As I mentioned early in this post is a big edge Maryville possesses is stopping playmakers year after year under GQ. The level this coaching staff goes to in the preparation for a game with big time studs on the other side of the ball is well known by all former opponents. Guys like Riggs (UT) or Centrals Jackson (Vandy). These guys were big time D1 SEC RB’s and they never came close to 150 yards vs. a GQ, Ellis, Gaylor, Pinkerton and Thompson designed defense scheme. The film on Alcoa is in, last and this years, and there will be no surprises. Everyone in the south knows what GQ has done with an offence

Notice in this post I said nothing about the ability or the lack there of by any player. I just think depth and experience of staff is the biggest keys in the game.

That's a great post to get started on.

I agree with you about coaching experience. While Reid certainly doesn't have as much experience as GQ, he is a heckuva a coach, not that you said otherwise. Depth is really the X-Factor in this game, in my opinion, because I think that if Alcoa can stay fresh throughout the game, then we will be alright, and will win, but if Alcoa players start cramping up, or get worn down, then the game will practically be over.

I had to consider what would happen if we lost one of our primetime players, So I will ask you the same question. What would happen if Thompson or Clement went down? I know you have depth at those positions, but how much do you think it would alter the game?

That's a great post to get started on.

Depth is really the X-Factor in this game, in my opinion, because I think that if Alcoa can stay fresh throughout the game, then we will be alright,

Alcoa is going to see something that will not allow them to be "fresh". You will understand after you see it.

825312379[/snapback]

I guess I will have to see it then!! 3 days left!! thumb

LOL! It's spelled "DEFENSE" with an "S"...LOL!!

Anyway, as far as the game goes, it's this simple: If Alcoa can't establish a running game against Maryville, they will lose by 4 touchdowns. You have to line up and control the ball against Maryville. They are too talented on offense and too well-coached to completely shut down. Just a little bit of a running game will enable Warren to sneak out some off of play action, as well as Sommers and Lankster deep. If Lindsey doesn't get it going, Alcoa is history. Maryville is vulnerable in the front 7 on defense. I know Maryville fans won't admit it, but you all struggled up front on D in your preseason (and don't start talking about playing darn Carter, that's not a measuring stick for seeing how good your D is). Alcoa can't abandon the running game early if it's not working.

Alcoa's front 4 will be able to put pressure on Thompson. Maryville will run a lot of slants and fades on Alcoa. Thompson throws a great fade and will probably chuck one up at least 6 or 7 times in the game. Sykes and Warren will give Maryville heck off the corners. I know Maryville has a great OL returning, but those are a great pair of DE's. Byner and Tallent will have to run between the tackles all night, and I expect Maryville to be able to do so with a lot of success.

I don't expect Maryville to shut Lindsey down. I still think he goes for about 100 yards or so on Maryville. However, I don't think Fiegler can get it done by himself through the air. Look for at least 2 picks. I see a mixture of what I stated above: Alcoa will be able to have some success running the ball but not enough. Alcoa will put some pressure on Thompson but not enough. I would pick Maryville by 28 if I thought they'd completely shut down Alcoa's running game, but I don't think they can. Therefore, I'm calling the score just below a blowout:

Maryville - 31

Alcoa - 21

Alcoa will score late to make it appear a little closer.