Campbell County wins opener!

GoVols13

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win! Campbell countys defense was awsome! they gave up only 60 yards of total offense and allowed 5 first downs in the game if that shows how dominate the defense was...Offense looked good you couldnt tell for the score but campbell co moved all night we had 70 plays ran in the game to morristown 40 plays. we had 250 yards of total offense which pretty good against a defense like Moeast..they are big and sworm to the ball hats off to them! this is a good win for the cougars they just have to take 1 game at a time!

This is a good confidence builder for this team they work hard for it. jeff co is next and it will be a tough game.

GOOD JOB COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb ;)

Doggone CCMan84, I waited up till 1:45 a.m. for you guys and an old guy like men can't loose too much sleep.  Any comments about the Rhea Co. 20 -13 win over Jeff Co.  Poor ol' JC4life was taking fits on here last night. :D  :rolleyes:

825317304[/snapback]

late night! I dont know what to think about Jeff co, from what I heard is that Mo east beat jeff co in a scrimmage this fall 3-1, I know this dosen't mean anything but I think we will be ready for them, like I said this team is well coached on both sides of the ball. So hopefully campbell co will come home 2-0 (this is not a prediction) Jeff co sould be a tough game they have a lot of size and speed!

Doggone CCMan84, I waited up till 1:45 a.m. for you guys and an old guy like men can't loose too much sleep.  Any comments about the Rhea Co. 20 -13 win over Jeff Co.  Poor ol' JC4life was taking fits on here last night. :D  :rolleyes:

825317304[/snapback]

late night! I dont know what to think about Jeff co, from what I heard is that Mo east beat jeff co in a scrimmage this fall 3-1, I know this dosen't mean anything but I think we will be ready for them, like I said this team is well coached on both sides of the ball. So hopefully campbell co will come home 2-0 (this is not a prediction) Jeff co sould be a tough game they have a lot of size and speed!

This had to be the worst offense game plan I every seen. East offense line

miss block all night, our young QB gave campbell co their 9 point. We looked like

we have never play offense at all. What kind of play calling did we have

tonight. This had to be coach smith worst game he had every called. Why do

you have a Young QB throw the ball out of you endzone? the defense was

playing great, run 3 plays and punt! East defense will be even better when

blake & wilson get back. The offense only has one place to go, and that's

up. The defense will need too be great, because we have no offense.

825316762[/snapback]

Give Ramsey some slack, his first game starting and he is a sophomore. He was hit about every play. That INT-TD was a mistake, but he'll have growing pains. The kicking game played a HUGE factor in this game. Estes was much better last year, I don't know what was wrong. Blake usually does the kickoffs, so hopefully that will improve. I miss having Terry Hall boot in the endzone. One kickoff tonight the BALL went to about the 40!! Coach Seals does a good job and wouldn't be surprised to see him as the head coach whenever Smith retires.

Give Ramsey some slack, his first game starting and he is a sophomore.  He was hit about every play.  That INT-TD was a mistake, but he'll have growing pains.  The kicking game played a HUGE factor in this game.  Estes was much better last year, I don't know what was wrong.  Blake usually does the kickoffs, so hopefully that will improve.  I miss having Terry Hall boot in the endzone.  One kickoff tonight the BALL went to about the 40!!  Coach Seals does a good job and wouldn't be surprised to see him as the head coach whenever Smith retires.

825317784[/snapback]

hey now...our qb is a sophmore too and it was his first career start also...and ramsey will get better as they get further in the season

alright possumcop, here's my opinion of the game. the defense looked very solid in the game. pressure on the quarterback was good and so was run stopping. i had a couple of things that i would have preferred been better, but i'm not going to give all the Jeff County fans nemore information than they already have on us. the offense needs some better pass blocking. that was obvious. every time Stiner looked up to pass he had someone in his face. i was thinking, please throw a screen. Mo East seemed to be overpursing the quarterback all night. whatever the red zone problem is it really needs help. that is the only aspect of the game that really let me down. the game could have easily been 28 or 35 to nothing in favor of the Cougs. if CC gets that problem fixed i'm screaming look out Pats cause we are coming. i'm hoping to be with the Cougar faithful there just like i was last night. i want to say one other thing before i go. i was very impressed with the CC fan turnout last night. hat's off. it really helped late too because we were even saying "HEY" to Mo East's band's song. of course their fans were already leaving because it was late in the 4th.

lata

Shaunman :D