White House VS Portland

Pooley

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House wins 28-7 in a game that wasn't that close. Portland returned the opening kickoff to the WH 20 and immediately scores. That was about it for the Panthers.

WH dominated the lines of scrimmage, dominated the running game and, by the way, as I predicted, hit the long pass for a TD.

21-7 at half, WH scores early in the 3rd on a long run to go up 28-7 and then worked on some stuff for their next game.

Portland isn't that big and will struggle with teams that have a some size. They threw the ball effectively at times but were unable to put together any sustainable drives against my Blue Devils.

By the way, the whistle wasn't a problem......

last year in the portland game white house had alot of problems with portland's run game, but they didnt look too bad tonight. I think the most exciting thing about white house though is the offense, ricky ladd looked great running the ball, he has alot of speed and will break your knees with his moves, but about midway justin west got his snaps in and white house didnt lose a thing, with great speed and alot of power and an ill run you over attitude I think he will be a good back for 3 years. Then you have some good experienced recievers and a good experienced QB if someone decides to stack the line. Hargrove didnt look to bad a FB either, he reminds me of Josh Leloup a couple years ago with his consistent 3-6 yard carries. Looks like a good year for WH

Was a little worried after that early touchdown, but my BLUE DEVILS rose up and once again showed what BDP was all about! Indeed, the train whistle sounded only about 4 or 5 times, so that was nice.

We looked poised, and balanced, in the running game, we need to tweak our passing game a bit, but our defense was stellar. I noticed quite a bit of freshmen and sophomores were in the game late in the 3rd quarter and on into the 4th up until the end of the game, and held their own against Portland's starters.

Great game, hot, humid, crowded. I noticed that Portland took the score down immediately after the game ended. Portland is a great town with friendly, down home people. I appreciate their hospitality.

White House fans were loud and proud, but still a lot of people there who can't seem to get up and cheer. I guess they are there to be seen, socialize, and the game is secondary. Oh well, I'm gonna stand and shout regardless, and support my WHITE HOUSE BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!

I can wait for the Sycamore game. I still have nightmares because we catch them after two very emotional games every year, and this years version of the War Eagles looks strong.

On the lighter side, I seem to remember Greenbrier getting their hopes up after Sycamore beat WH and Greenbrier Beat Sycamore. Going to be the year the streak ended.

Long live the streak.