Portland - Macon County

Longestyard

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to say that Portland will win this one by at least 2 touchdowns. Those Tigers are far from the team they were last year. I actually thought they may not be as bad as everyone predicted, but they did not give the young guys enough playing time when they were up last year, and that inexperience showed last Friday night. I would like to see you pull it out, but I don't think it is going to happen. Have a safe game both teams!

Edited by JacketPride34

I'll pick Portland by a whole lot.

Macon County Tigers: The biggest fluke of 2003!!!

825319849[/snapback]

I wouldn't call what Macon did last year a FLUKE. They had a senior laden team that accomplished something special. I don't think it is fair to try and "discount" their achievement. They worked hard to accomplish what they did and earned it by doing it on the football field. No one handed them anything.

I agree that Macon is probably going to have a long year this year, but they earned what they got last year and should be congratulated for it.

p.s. Portland wins by 17.

Fatcat,

Thanks for the post. There is a lot of truth in it. We do have a lot of young men starting and playing a lot of downs for us. They are tough, and they play hard, but they still need experience. If we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot so many times the other night we would be 1-0 instead of 0-1. But is a frog had wings it wouldn't ...... If the boys work hard this week, and go out and excute Friday night there is no reason they can't beat Portland. I see another close game at the Jungle come Friday. thumb

I'll pick Portland by a whole lot.

Macon County Tigers: The biggest fluke of 2003!!!

825319849[/snapback]

:justwrestle:

I have to thank you, FatCat for you post... :angry:

MACON's season last year was not a FLUKE! Hard work, dedication, and desire made us the 2003 Region 4-3A CHAMPS... Not by someone saying awww we feel bad for MC let's slip up and let them win... I do not think so!! We rightfully earned it, nothing was given to us...

Anyways..... Macon didn't have such a good night Friday... But neither did Portland.. We both lost.. I think that which one works the hardest and wants it the most will win... But, I hope that the Tigers will pull together a win..

Good luck to both teams.. I hope that it is a safe and clean game!

Edited by MCsenior04

MC had a heck of year last year.....they had a hard-nosed defense and a heck of a kicker...or else they wouldnt have gone to the semi-finals. I wasn't trying to take anything away from them. I am sorry if I came off the way. But I just think it will be a long time before MC has another season like last year.

Well this week could be a rough one for the Tigers....they have a very young team that I think will get better but it will take some time. But I'm sure that Muffin picked against us all year last year and look at what we done so Muffin just keep on pickin against us, you couldn't pick the winner of a game even if one of the teams were forfeiting.