Maryville vs. Halls

gobigd

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never underestimate Gary Shepard and the Halls program. I remember in 1998 it took a late touchdown to beat Halls that year 32-28. Maryville was 15-0 in 98 and Halls was 6-5. In 2001 Maryville scored in the last few minutes to beat Halls 17-10. Maryville was 14-1 and state champs that year. Halls was 6-5 that year also. Besides the last 2 years. Halls has always played Maryville tough.

I agree with pepvol's post.

If all it took was for Maryville to show up to win, why is it the coaches feel like they need practice? You play ever game as if it the most imprtant, the reason is you never know who will win. What would happen if cade went down, or ab turns an ankle. Every snap of the ball could be the break one team may need. On paper Maryville should win easily, but that is just paper.

Yeah, I got two words for ya. GROW UP!!!

825320589[/snapback]

Iceman01, i got two words for you

SPELL CHECK

man, that college you went to must of been for the blind because if they were to read this board and know it is you, you would definitely be taking english over. thumb

man, that college you went to must of been for the blind because if they were to read this board and know it is you, you would definitely be taking english over. 

I suppose that backwoods sugar whole you went to didnt' show you how to start a sentence with a capitol letter either.

Boss Hogg:

You are incorrect. Halls Jr. class beat Maryville in a freshman game 2 years ago. Do you think the Burnette kid from HALLS will get to play for Maryville Prep. All you Maryville folks don't get to happy because W.B. can tell you what you got coming when Central comes to town. Halls may have been the last Region team to beat Maryville but Central will be the next. Maryville will win because Halls is just not very good. But they better bring more than their J.V. and Freshman because Halls is fighting for their life.

Boss Hogg:

You are incorrect.  Halls Jr. class beat Maryville in a freshman game 2 years ago.  Do you think the Burnette kid from HALLS will get to play for Maryville Prep.  All you Maryville folks don't get to happy because W.B. can tell you what you got coming when Central comes to town.  Halls may have been the last Region team to beat Maryville but Central will be the next.  Maryville will win because Halls is just not very good.  But they better bring more than their J.V. and Freshman because Halls is fighting for their life.

825321372[/snapback]

I can't wait for Central. If you don't live for those games as a team and a program, you have no business playing ball. That game last year was incredible.

Back to Halls. I don't disagree with you Ron. What I said previously is exactly what you said, I'm just getting to the point more with my projected outcome. We beat Halls Friday, no problem. I'm not overlooking them. Yes, they play Maryville tough. It won't be enough.

What happens if AB goes down or Cade goes down? We're 4 deep at almost every position. That's what happens. Yep, loss of key players can hurt any team. Maryville is deep though boys. Their not gonna lose with any regularity.

If you remember, not long ago, we lost a couple of games and still won a state championship. That was one of the more magical state championship runs. :blink:

Edited by dmoyers1

It's really sad to see Halls go down hill like they have. They used to be one of Maryville's real tests of the year. They still play hard and have a good work ethic, but I wonder what has caused the drop off????

Are their kids going somewhere else? Jimbo whatever his name was, was the last really stellar player they had. He was exceptional as runningback and on defense.

If Maryville is on their game they are pretty good. But them being able to play with a college with a reputation like Maryville College is stupid. No matter the college level, the step from high school to college is a major one. Maryville High will beat halls with no problem but they couldn't handle any college team. And Hey, the Fighting Scots are on the rise!