Valdosta, Ga's Stadium

ImaOWL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Carmel, IN facilities...

I lived in Indy for 5 years... and everyone up there referred to the entire school as "Carmel University".

Carmel is the mega-rich suburb of Indy and they have a nice healthy tax base to pay for these top-notch facilities. It is a public school but it isn't anything close to a typical public school.

I have been in the gym and it is impressive.... but nothing like Chrysler Field House in New Castle which seats nearly 10-thousand for hoops.

Don't forget, they share the stadium with Valdosta State University, probably the top D-II football program in the south.  They would probably be a pretty good I-AA program too.

825323141[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure VSU (my dad played basketball there when it was VSC) plays at their own stadium, which I believe is called Martin stadium. I think VHS has theirs all to themselves, as do Lowndes and Valwood.

Edited by Redtwin

I spent several summers in Dallas in 89-91. The Highlander Stadium of Highland High was better than Dudley Field in Nashville. It was all concrete with Astro-turf and two Jumbotrons. Capacity is only 10,000 but it is very luxorious. Money is no object if you have been to this community.

The earlier reference lead me to this site. It lists the addresses and specs on all Texas High School stadiums . The numbers are astounding.

Texas Bob