McMinn Co. @ Cleveland(9/10/04)

clevelandblueraiderfan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for the Tribe to play with a real sense of purpose this week after last weeks lack luster performance againist Ooltewah. I am sure that Cleveland will be a tough team to beat as they usually are, but McMinn I believe will be challanged by there coaches to respond with a win againist Cleveland.

Us McMinn fans must come together @ this critical time and support our cherokees, this is a crucial game for the mental approach this team will take with them into the rest of the season. Come on cherokee fans don't jump ship just yet.

Why would Stansell not start on defense? I realize he also plays wide out and they are trying to limit players playing both ways but he is very capable of playing both of those positions. I say this for two reasons first McMinn does not throw the ball that much so he should not be involved in too many plays except when he must block the other reason is the safety position allows him to roam and essentially he plays center field. But with all of this said coach Daugherty will make the correct decision. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would Stansell not start on defense? I realize he also plays wide out and they are trying to limit players playing both ways but he is very capable of playing both of those positions. I say this for two reasons first McMinn does not throw the ball that much so he should not be involved in too many plays except when he must block the other reason is the safety position allows him to roam and essentially he plays center field. But with all of this said coach Daugherty will make the correct decision. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825332839[/snapback]

Thats just what i was told, this doesnt mean that he wont play safety, but he is not starting at safety.....perhaps it still has somethin to do with his concussion

Mark my words, Stansell will start at safety. And for those of you who obviously know nothing about McMinn football, our safeties do not just roam. They are very much a part of our run defense.

Devon Johnson had success on a couple of runs (no completed passes) friday nite b/c the owls had their 2nd string in the game. As talented as he is, he would not have continued having success if he had to do it the whole game and against the owls starters. He doesn't play much b/c from what I am told he goofs off in practice. Apparently he thinks he is the next big star but hasn't done anything to warrant PT except be athletic.