Should girls play?

TigersBball42

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to relay a story. my disclaimer is that this is not my opinion and i'm not even going to give my opinion...i just think this is a funny story.

when i was playing midget football many years ago, we had a party for all the players and the cheerleaders. the mother of one of the cheerleaders was ribbing the coach a little bit about how her daughter should be on the team. the coach politely sidestepped her comments until she very directly posed the question:

"coach, what would you do if a girl wanted to try out for your football team?"

without skipping a beat the coach quickly replied "ma'am, i'd gladly let her try out. i'd try her out at center and let every guy on the team take a turn trying out for quarterback."

needless to say the mother was appalled by his response and left in a fury. just a story. please don't kill the messenger or nail me to the wall for sharing it.

Guys would start playing on the girls team if we let girls play. I do think this is a one-sided fight, because when an announcement came for tryout of the vollyball team, I went just to see what was happening, and they told me I could play on the girls team -- aka the only team-- So If i want to play in a sport with only girls I cant, but if girls want to play on a guys team , then let them? It setting a double standard

they ask for equal rights, and they wanted to be treated like everyone else, but the first time a girl gets injured by another guy, i smell a lawsuit..how fair is that?

825333973[/snapback]

Girls have no more legal rights to sue over injuries or anything else for that matter than boys do. There would more likely be more problems over harassment than injuries. I could see a few harassment lawsuits. I mean if some guy makes lewd and suggestive sexual remarks to your son you would be pretty po'd. Probably want to stomp the crap out of him right? Girls don't have that luxury cuz they're girls and girls aren't supposed to act like that. Girls are the way they are because they have never been allowed to be anything different. Most of these girls going out for football aren't doing it to prove they can. They are doing it because they were never told they couldn't because they were girls.

lol. Are you serious? What if I told you I was 6-4 250 and ran the 40 in 4.4secs. What you still want me to bring it? I doubt it. How many women (besides those drugged up Chinese or Russian women) do you u see that are 6-4 250? not many. I would love to see you line up infront of someone of that size and stature and get ran over. There is no way girls should be allowed to play football. I hate seeing any type of woman getting hurt.

825332521[/snapback]

ok just to let you know Ive lined up against the 2 time state heavyweight champion and took the pain and ive delt with the injuries so i don't wanna hear that you doubt id line up against you if you were 6-4 250lbs. When you know who Ive lined up against then maybe you can talk trash till the just take your self to the house

a girls place is not on the football field. it is in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning.

825334062[/snapback]

Yeah, what Rossignol said! Like I said, if they can hang out there on the field, then they deserve to be there, let em play. Meow Rossignol :D

Edited by GBT57

ok this is how i see it.. girls have their places on the sidelines in skirts and cheerin on their boyfriends and all.. girls. are a big distraction on a football team with all boys.. shooot on our team we have food and film and meetings in the locker room and the chick on our team sits in the weight room by herself while we have fun.. the washer and dryer is in our locker room.. we all do suff together in there.. and she cant be there.. in previous years.. there are certain things we do at practice or games ..(JUST BEIN GUYS!!) that we can no longer do because a girl is out there Thats bullcrapi mean on the other hand ther is some places for a girl on a team. lieka kicker os something ofthat sort.. but a girl out there hitting andgettin hit and all.. straight DYKE its too much of a problem when a girl plays.. let girls be girls and boys be boys!!! when they are younger in little leauges it is okay .. but as they mature and same for guys.. thefootball feild isnot a place for a female..

Cascade Champions!!

Girls have no more legal rights to sue over injuries or anything else for that matter than boys do. There would more likely be more problems over harassment than injuries. I could see a few harassment lawsuits. I mean if some guy makes lewd and suggestive sexual remarks to your son you would be pretty po'd. Probably want to stomp the crap out of him right? Girls don't have that luxury cuz they're girls and girls aren't supposed to act like that. Girls are the way they are because they have never been allowed to be anything different. Most of these girls going out for football aren't doing it to prove they can. They are doing it because they were never told they couldn't because they were girls.

825334042[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!.. (abuot the harrasment part).. This is a guy thing . guys goof of tlk about girls.. and all that good stuff what guys doo!!!! in football . its liek the boyscouts for us! so take the girls to play socceror sumthin of that nature .. let Us guys have our GUY TIME!!

This is just a problem inherently specific to women athletes. Most women (and I don't mean immature high school girls) actually do NOT think girls should be playing football. I cannot even believe on a Tennessee HS football forum more people aren't asserting their conservatism. I support women's athletics 100% and I am happy for them that they have opportunities to play sports in high school and college now. But I don't have much sympathy for women who are constantly trying to make a big deal about not being allowed to play with the men. The issue is about opportunity. Women have been provided with the opportunity to play more sports and do pretty much whatever they want.