Should girls play?

TigersBball42

If girls do want to play then let them,there may be some that are tough enough but thnik about it.if only one or two of them want to play the locker room/field house will proably have to be divided for the girls and only for a few of them.I wouldn't think they would like it when they are right in the middle of the battle.Football isnt like womens wrestling or mens wrestling.Its 22 guys fighting to gain a ball.I'm glad our coach doesn't let any girls on our football team.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let the girl play football when i can play girls basketball

let the girl play football when i can play girls softball

let the girl play football when i can play girls volleyball

fact is if i play girls basketball then it wouldnt be girls basketball,

fact is if a girl plays plays guys basketball then it wouldnt b guys basketball

Psalm 27 1

OK this is getting on my nerves to think about girls playing sports.....the only reason more people come to the lady vols bball games than the mens is b/c they're a national ranked team every year. But if they played against each other the boys would kill them, it wouldn't even be a game and they could even play with the girls ball, girls sports will never be as good as guys....that should be the end of it.

apparently you have never known about the lady vols scrimmaging the boys every yeay. Nearly always, the lady vols BEAT the mens team. They have better tallent.

You know...

their is a girls basketball team along with a mens b-ball team

their is a girls soccer team along with a mens soccer team

their is a girls softball team along with a mens baseball team

But i dont think that their is a girls football team along with a mens football team, It's called "the football team". Their is no designation on mens/womens team for it. therefore, since their is no alternative, they should be allowed to play

lady vols, never beat the guys. I know some guys that played on the lady vols practice team and they used to beat the ladies alot of times, and they were hacks that couldnt make it college. The lady vols cant beat the guys.

For girls playing football, I have seen some big girls out there that probably have more testosterone than the man on this site. So if they want, then they should get a chance, but there should be no exceptions made when it gets tough, they should have to do the same things as the guys.

Ok I will give you a high school female athlete's take on this... My freshmen year I played powderpuff during homecoming week... and I thought it was stupid. If we got to play in pads and really hit each other, that would be so much more fun! But I was playing girls... Personally, I would not want to play football with the guys on Greenbrier's team (or any other good team for that matter) because I would get hurt. Just last night two of my good friends got hurt on the football field that are BIG, TOUGH, STRONG guys... and they would kill me. So I know that I would get hurt if I played, and I do not want to. If there is a girl that is capable of playing, let her try. But I wouldn't want to.

When I started reading these posts, some of it was funny, some was right, and some posters on this thread are guys that I hope NEVER have a girlfriend because I would hate to see the possessive, demeaning, and stereotypical treatment they would give them. GUYS WAKE UP! Girls can do whatever they want to do now, and you have no say so in it. Is it right for us to say that guys cannot play volleyball, softball, or cheerlead? NO... and guess what? GUYS DO THESE THINGS! On the Olympics..there were guys playing volleyball... there is slowpitch AND fastpitch guys softball.... and there are GUY CHEERLEADERS!!! A woman's place is NO LONGER confined to the kitchen or cleaning as some of you pigs so plainly stated. Now there are stay-at-home dads... NOT JUST MOMS!

I would hope that if you had a girlfriend or wife, that you would be supportive of whatever they wanted to do... and I am not just talking about football now. I am talking about anything that they have set their mind and heart to. There are still plenty of women out there that are perfectly content with staying at home, watching the kids, and cleaning...and being at their husband's every call. And that's fine. If that's what they want to do, then more power to them. But there are also women who want to make something of themselves and a difference in this world. But men should treat women with respect, courtesy, and give them some pampering every now and then.

I remember when I was 8 years old I cheerleaded for Jr. Pro Football, and I wanted to play football. (I think almost every little girl goes through that stage), but my dad said NO... Now I thank him for that because I play high school basketball, volleyball, and softball... and he helped me to become better at those sports as he did my brother with football, baseball, and basketball.

OH YEA... to those of you who say that girls shouldn't be out on the field, they should be on the sidelines in skirts and cheering on their boyfriends... did it ever occur to you that not every girl WANTS TO BE A CHEERLEADER??? And that guys do like to watch other girls sports?? I know at our school the guys really do like to come watch us play and support us. They even paint up for tournaments and stuff we play at for volleyball, basketball, and softball. And we return the favor...we might not can paint our chests but we wear wifebeaters with their names and number on them and are at every game!!!!