Best Reciever

grizzly55

I dunno fellas.. Austin Rogers so ive herd runs a 4.4 40 and has won region track in high jump and long jump for the past 2 years.. i dont think sikes can beat him in a foot race and jumpin contest. And as for yards stats i do belive they moved him to running back because their team has some people hurt. By putting Austin back there they have opened up alot of space for QB Burton Elrod and brother Matt Elrod who both had 2 a piece last Friday. and Austin still had a TD. Austin is the best reciver and very unselfish. He isnt worried about his stats as long as they are winning and if im not mistaken the score was 40 -7 last Friday...

and to WHOAMI2033.. i dont think you've got anything correct Georgia has only given scolarships to people that live in georgia and maybe 1 from Tn patrick Turner.... who also in my book doesnt let sikes take the claim to the best. He is a big boy that can move and look at who all has been  recruiting him.. "everyone" i therefore think you need to rethink your thoughts about Travis Sikes..

825330552[/snapback]

Great post! Austin has been moved to running back in some situations due to injury. He is very unselfish & stats are not important to him. The only stat he is looking for is the W. He will get his stats as soon as the Mustangs get healthy. Why would he care about stats he has already commited to the Vols. Oh yeah not that it matters Lipscomb won 47-0 against Houston Co.

Some of you that pick Sikes is only because you have seen him play & you have not seen Rogers play. But that is ok because I am sure Sikes is a great player but my pick is Rogers. And I have seen Sikes play.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is fair to throw Caleb Skogen into this mix. He runs a consistent low 4.4, last year had 92 receptions in 10 games for over 1600 yards. Temple has strengthened its schedule this year and he is at 38 catches in 5 games over 700 yards and 13 TD's. Everyone wants to diss Temple b/c of their schedule and that they are only a 2nd year program, but this kid can play.

All the recievers mentioned here on this post are great athletes and some will be playing D-1 somewhere next year or the year after. I would like to add one more player to the mix. This is a kid you won't here about this year as the TSSAA deemed him ineligible for his soph. & junior seasons. (?????) His name is Jeff Allen from JCS and he is the real deal. Ask McKenzie and Southside's Varsity and JCM's JV (as he is was only allowed to play JV and scrimmages) about this kid. He runs a legit 4.5 and is 6'4" 185. The softest hands and he can jump out of the building. I'm not his dad so there is no bias here. I've seen alot of recievers in Ga. and Tn., in all classes, but this kid is a freak. Hopefully he will have a great senior season in 2005 but because he is missing this year, it's gonna be tough for him to get noticed next year.

yall are all naming some bigtime recievers....but nobody can equal the greatness that is douglas foote of mba...this kid is just a beast, great hands, uncharactistic white boy ups, and mad skills when it comes to finding the hole of a zone defense, and he absolutely laid out one of the freshmen dback's on a run play, watch out for his name in the future as he is only a sophomore