Riverdale moves into top 10 nationally

hs sports fan

Riverdale Moves into Top 10 in National Poll

9-7-04 The Riverdale Warriors have moved up in two national polls this week. Tony Bianco of The Tony Poll has moved the Warriors up one spot to #10 in his national poll. PrepNation.com has also moved Riverdale up one spot to # 17 in their national poll. The Warriors remain at the #1 spot in the Tennesseans Mid-State Poll and in the Murphy Fair Top 5 Poll.

Copied and pasted this off the website www.riverdalewarriors.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
go play De La Salle and that Washington team instead of Siegel hah

825332013[/snapback]

that will never happen, rankin doesnt even have the fortitude to play the best in his own state much less out of state

Edited by oakland2001

i can tell you one team that would beat the crap out of riverdale and that is mt. view highschool out of arizona, they have produced 27 D1 players over the last 5 years, they have an enrollment of 3,700 students, and that is a 3 year highschool, so 3700 soph,juniors, seniors no freshman, there are 198 players in the program varsity is almost all seniors, there is a jv (a) and (:), and a juniors team, smallest player on varsity roster is 6'1 175lbs, and is the kicker/cornerback, and the slowest player on varstity runs a 4.9 40, i have seen both these teams play, and i can gurantee you it would be a route, the coach does not allow fat kids on the team, his lineman are all lean cut beasts

Edited by leadoff

go play De La Salle and that Washington team instead of Siegel hah

825332013[/snapback]

I totally agree with this post.... they play no one out side of TN.... they dont even play brentwood acad or MBA or C. Bro.s . Anytime a team has to travel 900 miles to find a challange.... THATS IMPRESSIVE

Murfressboro riverdale is a good team.... as they always are, but let them play some mre powerful teams and see what happens.

also these rankings are bogus anyways, no one can truely cover the thousands of H.Schools in the USA to give them a national ranking.... unless you go 151-0, or over a 25 year period go 287-15-1 (their record)

i can tell you one team that would beat the crap out of riverdale and that is mt. view highschool  out of arizona, they have produced 27 D1 players over the last 5 years, they have an enrollment of 3,700 students, and that is a 3 year highschool, so 3700 soph,juniors, seniors no freshman, there are 198 players in the program varsity is almost all seniors, there is a jv (a) and (:angry:, and a juniors team, smallest player on varsity roster is 6'1 175lbs, and is the kicker/cornerback, and the slowest player on varstity runs a 4.9 40, i have seen both these teams play, and i can gurantee you it would be a route, the coach does not allow fat kids on the team, his lineman are all lean cut beasts

825332100[/snapback]

I could guarantee you not all of their linemen run 4.9 or better. Even with 3700 10-12, that's like a 1200 school having 50, a decent number, and not all of them will be athletes. 4.9 is actually pretty quick, just not for skill players in football. I think it's impossible to rate teams from other states against each other, even when the Fla, TX, CA powerhouses play each other there still may be tons of others out there just as good, just without the publicity. Who's to say some team in Montana that never goes outside the state couldn't beat the best team in Florida on a given night? Nobody will never know if they could or not.

They won't even have to travel as far as California. There is a team in Charlotte,NC called Independence High School that I'm sure everyone has heard of. They have the current longest winning streak in the country now. De La Salle was they best because they played the best and beat them. Coach Rankin won't even schedule BA or MBA and they are both like 30 minutes away. He won't even schedule a team like Maryville and I think Riverdale would win. Until they play some legit competition they shouldn't be ranked in any national poll.