Can CBHS be beaten?

CBHSFootball/Wrestling

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of course bias but i think CBHS has suprised everyone in Tennessee by beat BA.  Do you think Germantown, MBA, or MUS can beat them this year.  I understand they have a young, inexperienced team this year but the defense is looking incredible.

825333233[/snapback]

I think CBHS has a very good football team. I really think the team they have this year is a better TEAM than last year. Granted they are very young, but they have the heart of champions and there defense is incredible. Also their offense isn't soo bad with Henry Harris running the ball. Plus the special teams this year is very good compared to the past years. Look out in the State Tournament for the Purple Wave.

I agree that CBHS has gotten off to a great start with a young team and strong defense; however, I will also say that the Wave has been blessed with incredible field position in both of its big wins enabling them to score with ease (East - something like an 18 yard punting average which resulted in great field position; Brentwood - I think two turnovers inside the 20). How of an effect does anyone think this has had on the games?

Having played for the CBHS team last year that was jam-packed with talent, I must disagree that last year's team wasn't much of a TEAM. Most of us bled and sweat together for four years, and the difficulty of our schedule ranked second to none. However, I am very glad to see this year's team stepping up and surpassing everyone's expectations. They are gutsy bunch, no doubt. I just hope they keep their heads out of the clouds and concentrate on one game at a time. Sure would be nice to see the alma mater bring that championship trophy home to Memphis. For the record, I will say that the Brothers should have no trouble with Germantown this week. It may be a little early for a prediction, but I'm gonna throw out a guess to the tune of CBHS 28 - Germantown 7. I'm pumped that I get to come home to see this one!!

Edited by kevdawg015

well i just hope there's not anymore sudden downpours 4 hours before a cbhs home game that dumps 3 inches of water on the field and nowhere else on campus. either way i'm sure they have a good team but i wouldn't make any bold statemens just yet. when teams start playing their best football who knows what will happen. maybe there will be an upset of the catholic schools...maybe not.

My prediction for this weeks game of CBHS vs. Germantown is 13-0 but in response so one person all 3 times cbhs scored against BA (2-TD's and Field Goal) they drove the field and both time BA scored they started with the ball on the 12 yard line so if BA (who has a great offense) can only score when they have the ball on the 12 then the defense of CBHS is incredible and I also think MUS is gonna be the hardest game of the year (until we play BA for the state championship) rain had nothing to do with our victory over BA because they fumbled 3 times but we did not recover any of those fumbles i think we will beat germantown and laugh MBA off the field but i think MUS is gonna be a high scoring, close game.

Best of luck to Brentwood Academy hope to see them in the State Championship game.

C'mon now guys. Let's not get cocky now. I'd love to laugh MBA off the field as much as the next guy, but they are gonna have a good football team year in and year out. They have athletes every year, and their coaching makes up for any lack of athleticism they may be faced with. MBA will come to play, and I'm sure MOST of the Brothers aren't too worried about that right now. It's week 4 and this is the week we are concerned with Germantown.