DB VS JEFF CO.

ArtVandalay

These posts are some of the most ridiculous I have ever seen.

First, Drew is not worthy to be the starting QB, that is why he did not win the job. Good grief, if you knew these kids, D could not even remember the play by the time he got to the huddle.  Not to cut on D, he can't help it.  But the reason he quit is this is the first time in his life that his daddy was not able to go out and push his weight around and get what he wants.  I have seen D since Tball, and D is always been the best, fastest, strongest, most talented, etc. according to Daddy.  D's daddy thinks that D should have started prior to Parker last year.  So enough said on this.  Anyone who walks off and quits his senior year, will regret it later.

Ben is a leader, he may not have the best arm, but he is the best choice we have at the moment. 

As far as the defense, we have a awesome d-line with Yeary, Hopkins, and Luther.  Yeary and Luther is either in the backfield every play, or they are taking two o-linemen each to hold them up, which leaves room for our linebackers, and ol' red to shine.  Green, Yeary, Luther, Hopkins, are all team players, and always have been.  It is not about them.  That is what makes this defense.  And for the most part this whole Patriot team this year.  They have always been that way.  There is not the one particular superstar, and that is not always a bad thing. 

Win or Lose, I know that these boys will give it their all.  win, they will be estatic, lose, they will be broken hearted, but they will go out the next week and be ready to play again, not just walk off and quit.

I wish the coaches knew as much as all the people on these posts.  Maybe some of these people should have applied for the job when Jeff County was taking applications, huh?

825342510[/snapback]

I know who you are jcpatriot fan...you never did get along with D or D's dad did you? :D

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben is a leader, he may not have the best arm, but he is the best choice we have at the moment. 

825342510[/snapback]

Out of everything you said that is the truest part of it. That is why he is on the field and Drew will more than likely be watching with his dad in the stands. Ive known Ben since he was a youngster, even played on a few teams with him, had his mama in middle school. He is a leader on and off the field, and that my friends is the difference between him and Bowlin.

Id like to see Red Dog have a good game. Is Billy Luther still playing tight end, if so have we been using him any this year? Good luck to Shane and his lil bro and the rest of the secondary, they got a huge job on their hands, hope you can step it up.

Give em the ol 1 2 3 4 HIT THAT SON OF A..... tommorow night boys.

Out of everything you said that is the truest part of it. That is why he is on the field and Drew will more than likely be watching with his dad in the stands. Ive known Ben since he was a youngster, even played on a few teams with him, had his mama in middle school. He is a leader on and off the field, and that my friends is the difference between him and Bowlin.

Id like to see Red Dog have a good game. Is Billy Luther still playing tight end, if so have we been using him any this year? Good luck to Shane and his lil bro and the rest of the secondary, they got a huge job on their hands, hope you can step it up.

Give em the ol 1  2  3  4  HIT THAT SON OF A..... tommorow night boys.

825342545[/snapback]

Lawyer,

Offensive Line is completely brand new except for Cline. Beginning the season they had the line going both ways, with Luther, Yeary, Green, Red. At that point, they had moved Billy into Guard/Tackle and put red at TE. Since then, Marcus Bingham is TE now. Billy and Yeary are defensive tackles, and both doing a good job. Both are tough. Hopkins is nose guard, and has finally woke up, Daniel is middle lb. running a 3-4, with the 4 man, being able to float around. which helps red out.

Lawyer,

Offensive Line is completely brand new except for Cline.  Beginning the season they had the line going both ways, with Luther, Yeary, Green, Red.  At that point, they had moved Billy into Guard/Tackle and put red at TE.  Since then, Marcus Bingham is TE now.  Billy and Yeary are defensive tackles, and both doing a good job.  Both are tough.  Hopkins is nose guard, and has finally woke up, Daniel is middle lb.  running a 3-4, with the 4 man, being able to float around.  which helps red out.

825342556[/snapback]

I've heard good things about the sophomore, Denton. How has he looked?

825342548[/snapback]

JCPATRIOTFAN, I am glad you set me strait on all my ideas. Manning, maybe the greatest player ever, is a great football player because he has tallent, his football head came from his Dad. His 4.0 does not make the thows. his athletic ability does.adership is good in weight room and he practice field, but game time, you need a player with tallent. Speaking of Parker, do you remember the option pitch last year against OR. The 4.0 didn't help much. Parker, however, was a good player, not because he was smart, but because he had tallent! The same with jennings. Best of my memory, Scooter carried the load last year. If we hope to win @ DB based on IQ's instead of athletic ability, our high school sports system is in bad shape.

JCPATRIOTFAN, I am glad you set me strait on all my ideas. Manning, maybe the greatest player ever, is a great football player because he has tallent, his football head came from his Dad. His 4.0 does not make the thows. his athletic ability does.adership is good in weight room and he practice field, but game time, you need a player with tallent. Speaking of Parker, do you remember the option pitch last year against OR. The 4.0 didn't help much. Parker, however, was a good player, not because he was smart, but because he had tallent! The same with jennings. Best of my memory, Scooter carried the load last year. If we hope to win @ DB based on IQ's instead of athletic ability, our high school sports system is in bad shape.

825342579[/snapback]

I was just making a point that it is ridiculous to say that only kids who are on the verge of failing out of school need to be on the football field. and as a matter of fact, ask any coach, and he'll probably tell you that he likes to having a kid that he doesnt have to worry about making his grades in class or getting in trouble all the time. good, smart kids can play football too. i understand that talent is a huge factor, but your first post made it look like we better be taking the worst students to the game on Friday, because they are "animals." give me a break.

and let it rest with parker, he helped the team get to the OR game last year, he made a mistake, let it rest. JC was beaten by a couple of TDs. One play doesnt determine a ball game. if MY memory serves me, neither Scooter or Jeff came to play that night either. Who from JC is too smart or too good of a kid, in your opinion, to make the trip to DB this Thursday?

I have few things to say (as always :D )

1. The best QB IS starting, bottom line. Ben is the better QB of the two no question. Drew has a rocket for an arm, we all know that, but he is not very accurate. Whenever he is on target with his passes, they are always throw at 100 mph. Drew got his chance to start the Rhea Co game and didn`t do well, he was off on alot of passes, plus threw an int in the endzone. Ben wasn`t much better tha game, but he didn`t make big mistakes, and he threw a TD pass. At that point there was no more time to decide who the starting QB would be, Ben won the job through that game as well as how he had preformed in the weeks prior to that game. If you look at all the scrimmages, practices, and now games its easy to see who the starting QB should be.Ben made the least mistakes, and the offense just seemed to flow when he was at QB, unlike how it was with Drew. Ben is a leader on the field (voted team captain) and is very smart QB who doesn`t make many mistakes. Can he throw it a mile like Drew? NO, but he doesn`t need to, we don`t throw the ball all that much anyway. BTW Ben has been doing a steller job throwing the ball these last two games. He hasn`t been ask to throw alot, but he has done a good job with he has had to throw. When Ben "lack" of a throwing arm hurts us, then you can talk about coach U making the wrong choice. It should have been Ben all along IMO

I am glad that the game has been moved to Thursday and I agree with Skunk that a wet field is better than a flood.  I have to question Jefferson Co. resistance to making the move.  In a deluge, it doesn't matter whether you predominantly run the ball or throw the ball , you can'd do much of anything under 6 inches of rain.

I hope Omar makes rain gear for big boys or else I will not be on the sidelines.

I will try to find out some of the tendancies for you, Skunk.  See you guys tomorrow pm.

Roll Tribe!

825342499[/snapback]

is this my boy big leuth

Speaking of Parker, do you remember the option pitch last year against OR.

825342579[/snapback]

:D

:D:D I do, I almost vomited my Big Ed's all over Tyler Brown's mom and dad when he did that. A rare mental lasp from Johnny Threesport (aka Captain America) as I called him.

Thanks for the info jcpatriotfan, do you play or still roam the hallowed halls of JCHS or what?