DB VS JEFF CO.

ArtVandalay

i think the last thing that Jeff co needed this week was what it has gotten....a controversy in a player quitting/being kicked off the team, and all the hype and questions about when the game will be played. these kids, both from DB and JC deserve to know when the game will be played. they need to be able to get mentally prepaired, as cliche as that sounds. mental preparation is much more important than people realize. a mentally strong team with kids that have a lot of heart will often times come out on top...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825342004[/snapback]

I am neither A- Drew, B- Drew's Dad or C Drew's Momma. I must say I have been suprised that #2 hasn't seen more playing time @ QB. If you go back to the Rhea Co game, #2 started and did as well as did # 17. With 3 min left in the game and we needed someone to come in and air it out, Coach U puts # 17 in the game to hand it off for the 1st 2 downs, as we have seen all year, 3rd and long is not very pretty. The loss to Rhea County can be put squarely on the back of coach U. He did not put the players out their to have the best chance to win. He will have to live with that loss. But Coach U sees something in # 17 and if you live by the sword, so shall you die.I wonder what's going to happen if DB puts nine in the box and snuffs the run out. I assume DB has seen the game films and seen how West couldn't tackle at the line of scrimmage. I think we are kidding ourselves when we think that our running game is going to win a state championship if we can't throw with any kind of consistancy. So with all this being said, if I was #2 or any other number on the team, I would want to play, especially if I new I could help the team. This was probably a good move for # 2 ( baseball career) and a bad move for the team. I think Coach U wasted tallent that could help this team. Putting # 2 at corner or WR would be like putting Brett Farve @ linebacker, he may be able to play the position but his tallent is elsewhere. WHATS UP WITH OUR KICK OFF scheme? I hope we don't try that stuff with DB! That kind of stuff should be left in PEE WEE's. Clowns have their place, circus.

GO PATS!

I am neither A- Drew, B- Drew's Dad or C Drew's Momma. I must say I have been suprised that #2 hasn't seen more playing time @ QB. If you go back to the Rhea Co game, #2 started and did as well as did # 17. With 3 min left in the game and we needed someone to come in and air it out, Coach U puts # 17 in the game to hand it off for the 1st 2 downs, as we have seen all year, 3rd and long is not very pretty. The loss to Rhea County can be put squarely on the back of coach U. He did not put the players out their to have the best chance to win. He will have to live with that loss. But Coach U sees something in # 17 and if you live by the sword, so shall you die.I wonder what's going to happen if DB puts nine in the box and snuffs the run out. I assume DB has seen the game films and seen how West couldn't tackle at the line of scrimmage. I think we are kidding ourselves when we think that our running game is going to win a state championship if we can't throw with any kind of consistancy. So with all this being said, if I was #2 or any other number on the team, I would want to play, especially if I new I could help the team. This was probably a good move for # 2 ( baseball career) and a bad move for the team. I think Coach U wasted tallent that could help this team. Putting # 2 at corner or WR would be like putting Brett Farve @ linebacker, he may be able to play the position but his tallent is elsewhere. WHATS UP WITH OUR KICK OFF scheme? I hope we don't try that stuff with DB! That kind of stuff should be left in PEE WEE's. Clowns have their place, circus.

GO PATS!

825342258[/snapback]

very good point, i don't know why #17 was named starter. dont get me wrong, he's a great kid and runs the offense well, but its not too tough handing the ball off to a great corps of RBs. he's a very solid ball player, but a lot of JC fans are wondering if he has the potential to win the big ones. for instance, if a team ever decides to put 9 in the box, like DAFAN mentioned, JC may have a little trouble, unless we can pass it a little and keep the defense honest. if shiverdecker can continue to put up the numbers, though, first off, he'll be 1st team all state, and secondly, JC shouldnt have a problem rolling up the wins against not only the Big East, but right on thru the playoffs.....we'll have to wait and see how that one turns out.

if one looks back to the '96 Pats team, it can easily be seen that they were a run oriented team, as were all Coach K teams (Ricky Upton up the middle, Brian Miller around the end), but when needed, Charlie Gilbert could go over the top and hit Milton Woods for a big gain. That deep threat was essential in opening up the run game, and JC rode that offense all the way to the AAAAA championship. Charlie wasnt a passing QB by any means, but he had what it took.

PS i too am neither A, B, or C, just a has been Patriot that follows the team and wishes them all the best.

Edited by HEATHHELTON

I don't expect Thursday night to be a dry night, just not a flooded night, so wet ground and air may still be in the equation. Please realize that one of the points I was making in referring to last year's match-up between D-B & Jeff County is that the Patriots were supposed to win - talent, experience, home field, etc. - but D-B found a way...the same is set for this year, just the other way around - D-B has talent, experience, home field, etc. - so will the shoe be on the other foot? This should be a very good game, it always seems to be. Lawyer, I'm glad you'll be able to make it. Mr. Yeary, I expect I'll hear (and say) your name alot on Thursday...

So do the Pats employ a five man defensive front or four?...three dbs or four?

split backfield or I formatiom?...are the fbs predominately blockers or will they carry the ball, too?...how many carries for the fbs?...how many passes per game will the Pats throw?...screens or up the field?...any standout receivers?...Blitz the lbs with frequency?...fastest three starters on d?...best tackler (other than Yeary, I already know he can play)?...

D-B can and will run the ball some...we have some very solid backs - McMillan, Peeler, & Moten, just to name a few...but, we also like to pass...

Roll Tribe Roll

Lots of talk going on. I just wanted to say something about JC team. I know these young men and I have found that these young men are special. They may not be the most tallented but they find a way to win. I enjoyed watching them from way back in middle school. I have been impressed with Coach U. Was never impressed with WB's coach

Good kids may be elected as class officers, Mr. Jefferson Co High etc. but they want help us win Thursday night. We should hope that the bus load of kids that travel to DB are not good kids, we want the beast to come out! Make no mistake, football is not a game for good kids or smart kids either, we need animals. We had better not travel to Kingsport and show off our ACT scores, we will add another Loss to our record. Popularity is good thing if you are running for office, not for winning respect from the guy across the line from you.

I am glad that the game has been moved to Thursday and I agree with Skunk that a wet field is better than a flood. I have to question Jefferson Co. resistance to making the move. In a deluge, it doesn't matter whether you predominantly run the ball or throw the ball , you can'd do much of anything under 6 inches of rain.

I hope Omar makes rain gear for big boys or else I will not be on the sidelines.

I will try to find out some of the tendancies for you, Skunk. See you guys tomorrow pm.

Roll Tribe!

These posts are some of the most ridiculous I have ever seen.

First, Drew is not worthy to be the starting QB, that is why he did not win the job. Good grief, if you knew these kids, D could not even remember the play by the time he got to the huddle. Not to cut on D, he can't help it. But the reason he quit is this is the first time in his life that his daddy was not able to go out and push his weight around and get what he wants. I have seen D since Tball, and D is always been the best, fastest, strongest, most talented, etc. according to Daddy. D's daddy thinks that D should have started prior to Parker last year. So enough said on this. Anyone who walks off and quits his senior year, will regret it later.

Ben is a leader, he may not have the best arm, but he is the best choice we have at the moment.

As far as the defense, we have a awesome d-line with Yeary, Hopkins, and Luther. Yeary and Luther is either in the backfield every play, or they are taking two o-linemen each to hold them up, which leaves room for our linebackers, and ol' red to shine. Green, Yeary, Luther, Hopkins, are all team players, and always have been. It is not about them. That is what makes this defense. And for the most part this whole Patriot team this year. They have always been that way. There is not the one particular superstar, and that is not always a bad thing.

Win or Lose, I know that these boys will give it their all. win, they will be estatic, lose, they will be broken hearted, but they will go out the next week and be ready to play again, not just walk off and quit.

I wish the coaches knew as much as all the people on these posts. Maybe some of these people should have applied for the job when Jeff County was taking applications, huh?

Good kids may be elected as class officers, Mr. Jefferson Co High etc. but they want help us win Thursday night. We should hope that the bus load of kids that travel to DB are not good kids, we want the beast to come out! Make no mistake, football is not a game for good kids or smart kids either, we need animals. We had better not travel to Kingsport and show off our ACT scores, we will add another Loss to our record. Popularity is good thing if you are running for office, not for winning respect from the guy across the line from you.

825342456[/snapback]

Thats one of the most absurd things i've ever heard. Yeah, that Peyton Manning sure is one dumb rock....Two of the best players on JC's team last year, Parker Clement and Jeff Jennings were outstanding students as well as popular. Think before you speak...