DB VS JEFF CO.

ArtVandalay

I`ve got a question, is your last name Bowlin? Because from the comments you have made on here, I can conclude that you are either A- Drew or B- Drew's dad. Its true we have had some other players quit, the two main reasons for quiting they were the starter at some point,lost their job,then quit. Or they couldn`t take the disciplined ship that coach U is running, then quit. I don`t know much about what happened yesterday between Drew and coach U, but I knew from the beginning the Drew (and family) were not going to happy with him not being the starter. As far as moving Drew to another position I have no problem with it,and can`t see why he can`t be moved to WR, as long as he still gets some snaps at QB. I know you think that Drew would be good at other positions, but the truth is WR is the only place I can see him moving. Brent Acuff has played well in the last two games, so I don`t know where you get off thinking he is the weak link in the secondaryIn fact the whole secondary has played better since the Rhea Co game. As a whole the secondary is still the weakness, moving Drew there won`t suddenly make it a strong point. It doesn`t matter who have in the secondary this week, DB's WR's are better than anyone we could put out there anyway. There is a reason why Shane Acuff is fielding punts, there is a reason the secondary gives that cussion, its the coaching. What the coaches decide is what the players do, you can agree or disagree but don`t blame the players for what the coaches decide.

825341213[/snapback]

I am not related to the familey, but I am close to the familey, I played football with Drew's Dad at CNC years ago.

I do believe Drew should be the starting QB, at the present time all that Ben is doing is handing off the ball for the most part, if you go back and look at the first ballgame Ben would not have graded out. He could have easily had 2 int's in the game, and he fumbled a snap at a bad time. If all you experts would watch the running plays Ben has a hard time getting the ball to Schievy at certain times.

To try and win the state championship we cannot run the ball all the time, and if you have watch Ben pass the ball you would know he can not throw the ball down field. Drew is faster, taller to see the field, and has a much better arm.

At this point it does not matter, Coach U pushed Drew out of the game he did not want to leave the team, he was preparing to go on the field on Monday when Coach u pulled him in the office and pushed him to quite.

Aaron Carson, Ben Wolf, and Drew Bowlin could have helped this team a bunch but the bottom line is that they crossed coach U and he wanted the of the team!

I hope this does not continue for the next few years, JC started with 80 some players they now have 50 some players.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not related to the familey, but I am close to the familey, I played football with Drew's Dad at CNC years ago.

I do believe Drew should be the starting QB, at the present time all that Ben is doing is handing off the ball for the most part, if you go back and look at the first ballgame Ben would not have graded out. He could have easily had 2 int's in the game, and he fumbled a snap at a bad time. If all you experts would watch the running plays Ben has a hard time getting the ball to Schievy at certain times.

To try and win the state championship we cannot run the ball all the time, and if you have watch Ben pass the ball you would know he can not throw the ball down field. Drew is faster, taller to see the field, and has a much better arm.

At this point it does not matter, Coach U pushed Drew out of the game he did not want to leave the team, he was preparing to go on the field on Monday when Coach u pulled him in the office and pushed him to quite.

Aaron Carson, Ben Wolf, and Drew Bowlin could have helped this team a bunch but the bottom line is that they crossed coach U and he wanted the of the team!

I hope this does not continue for the next few years, JC started with 80 some players they now have 50 some players.

825342719[/snapback]

Well its not like you`re bias or anthing, you are ONLY a close family friend, and you ONLY played football with Drew's dad. Drew could do not wrong in your eyes I`m sure, it wouldn`t matter if Ben threw for 300yds and 4TD's you would still think that Drew should be the starter. You need to look at things without bias. Ben is the better QB. Losing Drew hurts don`t get me wrong, he both was our backup QB, and backup punter. If Ben or Mike go down, we`re screwed, which is another reason why I can`t understand why Drew quit. Injuries happen ALL the time, you have to stick it out. There are only 11 people on the field at one time for your team, someone has to be left out. You never know when you time to play will come, it just doesn`t make much sense to me.

I was just making a point that it is ridiculous to say that only kids who are on the verge of failing out of school need to be on the football field.  and as a matter of fact, ask any coach, and he'll probably tell you that he likes to having a kid that he doesnt have to worry about making his grades in class or getting in trouble all the time.  good, smart kids can play football too.  i understand that talent is a huge factor, but your first post made it look like we better be taking the worst students to the game on Friday, because they are "animals." give me a break. 

and let it rest with parker, he helped the team get to the OR game last year, he made a mistake, let it rest. JC was beaten by a couple of TDs.  One play doesnt determine a ball game.  if MY memory serves me, neither Scooter or Jeff came to play that night either.  Who from JC is too smart or too good of a kid, in your opinion, to make the trip to DB this Thursday?

825342601[/snapback]

My being an overzealous fan makes me talk crazy! I want JC to beat the stuffing out of DB. My point in all this maddness, I hope we forget about all the grades, girl problems etc. come focused on football. But beleive me when I tell you that "smarts' & "tallent" are mutually exclusive. Just because you are smart doesn't make you a good ball player or vis versa. When in the trenches, you want to play with warriors and people with tallent. UT football is living proof, they recruit tallent with enough smarts to pass.

Your point was well taken.

My being an overzealous fan makes me talk crazy! I want JC to beat the stuffing out of DB. My point in all this maddness, I hope we forget about all the grades, girl problems etc. come focused on football. But beleive me when I tell you that "smarts' & "tallent" are mutually exclusive. Just because you are smart doesn't make you a good ball player or vis versa. When in the trenches, you want to play with warriors and people with tallent. UT football is living proof, they recruit tallent with enough smarts to pass.

Your point was well taken.

825342856[/snapback]

Thats why UT has people like James Banks who can barely even stay out of trouble enough to play the game. Give me a good smart kid with a little less talent over a talented trouble-making rock any day.

Time to get the rain gear out - Row Tribe!

IMO, if it was dry, keys to the game for the Indians are similar to last week:

1. Don't let Shiverdecker out in the open field;

2. O-line protect Duran;

3. Receivers catch the ball;

but in the rain,

4. Let the passing threat set up the run; and most important,

5. Mentally, the Tribe must be UP for this game. Indians must let their 4-0 record and #2 ranking be Jeff County's burden, not theirs.

Lay one on for Coach Johnson!

Roll Tribe!