who are the top 5 teams in A/AA

ca7

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton appears to be the best in a relatively weak 4 team District 1. University High will get one more shot at the Cyclones on Saturday to try and tie them for the district title, but I like the Cyclones in the rematch. I believe Chuckey-Doak(District 2) owns a 4-1 victory over Elizabethton earlier in the season.

Edited by coachh17

To find 3 of the Top 5 A-AA teams in Tennessee, one always looks to District 11 out of Nashville. Nowhere else in the state will you find such dominating schools in girls soccer below the 1000-student enrollment mark.

#1 FRA is poised to regain their championship status now that DCA has graduated 184-goal scorer Courtney Dunlap.

CPA is better than they have been in years, currently ranked #5. But they are terribly weak at the goalie position, and that will cost them late in the playoffs.

#6 Goodpasture could sneak into the Region 6 finals if they can pull an upset over CPA in the semis. They'd be the 1st seed in most A-AA districts in the state.

Also, #2 CCS is hot this year (as always). Their incessant influx of superstars has spawned yet another team from that school that could win it all.

#3 Anderson County is also better than they've been in nearly a decade. But in experience will prevent them from making the finals.

The overrated team of the year? USJ at #4. Please. Who votes for them in the rankings besides themselves? So you can dominate your district rivals Liberty Technology Magnet High School and Madison Academic Magnet School. Oooh, I'm so impressed.