How bout them Rebels?

missingthesouth

[

Their a young team and will be better over the next couple of years. We might not be as good next year, so let's enjoy this win as much as possible guys thumb

825345060[/snapback]

Not so fast dmoyers1. You need some info on the make up of this team. Next year the core of this team will be be made up with a junior class that may be one of the best ever at MHS. Comparisons can easily be made with the 2002 class that won three state championships.

Here is what you can expect. RB positions will be filled with Tallent, (sr) Baker and Singleton (jrs). We will have a new QB and a O-line that will have to be rebuilt but it's not like the cupboard is bare. The current sophomore class had all postions covered with LB's, DB's, offensive and defensive lineman, WR's, a QB, and even a kicker. These kids are not only very good but have played together for many years. They also have ample and quality depth.

The defense will be awesome next year. Key loses will be J. Smith and Adam Parnel but ample and very good depth will step up with the current contributors and make this D possible the best ever. Add Tanner (the hot man) Caylor to the list of LB's. The D-line will be stocked with J. Husky and L. Darrias to add to current JR's. Add Reiser, Maples, and Shiver to the defensive backfield. No quetion the D-line and linebackers will be tremendous next year.

The offense may go through some growing pains early but it won't take them long to look like a typical Maryville O. Add the current JR class with the current sophomore class and you will have something special. I can assure the Maryville coaches are a little giddy with next years prospectus. Of course the focus is this year and with good reason.

There may also be a few up comig sophomores that contribute to the success such as Shiver, Douglas, and Burnett.

Remember something dmoyers1.........Maryville doesn't rebuild.......Maryville reloads. Next year they will have tried and proven ammunition.

Stay tune....the fun will just continue

Edited by MLREB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting around the 25 yd line on the scoreboard side.

825345096[/snapback]

I was at the 50, on the very top row standing up most of the nite. Clear orange emergency poncho, that was more like a trash bag than a poncho.

Like your analysis of the game. It's spot on as usual. Thought Cade did a tremendous job of controlling the game and clock. Tar Hells are getting a good one.

[

Their a young team and will be better over the next couple of years. We might not be as good next year, so let's enjoy this win as much as possible guys thumb

825345060[/snapback]

Not so fast dmoyers1. You need some info on the make up of this team. Next year the core of this team will be be made up with a junior class that may be one of the best ever at MHS. Comparisons can easily be made with the 2002 class that won three state championships.

Here is what you can expect. RB positions will be filled with Tallent, (sr) Baker and Singleton (jrs). We will have a new QB and a O-line that will have to be rebuilt but it's not like the cupboard is bare. The current sophomore class had all postions covered with LB's, DB's, offensive and defensive lineman, WR's, a QB, and even a kicker. These kids are not only very good but have played together for many years. They also have ample and quality depth.

The defense will be awesome next year. Key loses will be J. Smith and Adam Parnel but ample and very good depth will step up with the current contributors and make this D possible the best ever. Add Tanner (the hot man) Caylor to the list of LB's. The D-line will be stocked with J. Husky and L. Darrias to add to current JR's. Add Reiser, Maples, and Shiver to the defensive backfield. No quetion the D-line and linebackers will be tremendous next year.

The offense may go through some growing pains early but it won't take them long to look like a typical Maryville O. Add the current JR class with the current sophomore class and you will have something special. I can assure the Maryville coaches are a little giddy with next years prospectus. Of course the focus is this year and with good reason.

There may also be a few up comig sophomores that contribute to the success such as Shiver, Douglas, and Burnett.

Remember something dmoyers1.........Maryville doesn't rebuild.......Maryville reloads. Next year they will have tried and proven ammunition.

Stay tune....the fun will just continue

825345133[/snapback]

Thanks for the update man. Some of you are closer to the program than I. I just don't like losing a proven commodity at QB, but that's gonna happen every 3 or 4 years, like it or not. I didn't mean any disrespect to our juniors. I just mean the future is a lil more scetchy next year. We can handle it though thumb

where is coachtjunkie? i heard all year that there was a new sherrif in town. i heard all year that morristown west has replaced maryville as the best 4a team in tennessee. where is that gutless,spineless coachtjunkie at?

825345153[/snapback]

Hmmmm...gutless....spineless....my guess is not on this strand!! You can't have that makeup and handle the heat here. thumb

Thanks for the update man. Some of you are closer to the program than I. I just don't like losing a proven commodity at QB, but that's gonna happen every 3 or 4 years, like it or not. I didn't mean any disrespect to our juniors. I just mean the future is a lil more scetchy next year. We can handle it though thumb

825345148[/snapback]

Cade may be the best passing QB....arm strength....size...that Maryville has ever had......no offense to QB7. Kids like Cade don't come along too often. Remember that Maryville's wins are always team wins. I can assure Maryville would win without Cade this year.........maybe not as easy or productive but still win ballgames. Next years offense will vary slightly without Cade but the potential starter adds other intangibles that Cade did not excell at early. He already has an effective grasp on the the offense. Maryville's offense is approximately 75% reads, especially the passing game. One of Cade's problems as a junior was bad reads. The back-up has already showed an uncanny ability to read opponent's defenses and he is a film room warrior. If it's Hunt, Burnett, or Akins next year I think the QB position will be fine.

IMO next years goal for the Maryville offense will be to elevate wide receivers. I think the O-line will be fine and maybe a strength by mid season. A project that is making excellent progress is Drew Brown. Drew is 6'4" with good ability but will need to get stronger and more physical. That gives Maryville that tall WR that Quarrels has enjoyed the last several years. Add Maples and Reiser to the mix and it has potential but the last three years Maryville has graduated many excellent receivers and it's becoming more difficult to keep the ranks full.

From last nights game I absolutely loved the sideline checkoff from GQ. The check on a slant pass for a TD to Harris was that good ole dependable 111. The bleachers being so close to the sidelines last night allowed us to hear some of GQ's checks. It was awesome watching George managing that game. The no-huddle offense is definately a plus at Maryville.

this sounds almost as bad as the 49-7 drugging that maryville layed on morristown last time they came into town. at least that team could muster up some offense. little offense, but none the less...some offense.

i said it once and ill say it again, west is done. their talent is not state championship calibur, or even deep playoffs calibur. wests reign at the top of their region is over. its funny to watch a team that was as dominant as maryville in the east to completely just falling apart. where is wests def. coach from last year??? i didnt see him

825345148[/snapback]

Cade may be the best passing QB....arm strength....size...that Maryville has ever had......no offense to QB7. Kids like Cade don't come along too often. Remember that Maryville's wins are always team wins. I can assure Maryville would win without Cade this year.........maybe not as easy or productive but still win ballgames. Next years offense will vary slightly without Cade but the potential starter adds other intangibles that Cade did not excell at early. He already has an effective grasp on the the offense. Maryville's offense is approximately 75% reads, especially the passing game. One of Cade's problems as a junior was bad reads. The back-up has already showed an uncanny ability to read opponent's defenses and he is a film room warrior. If it's Hunt, Burnett, or Akins next year I think the QB position will be fine.

IMO next years goal for the Maryville offense will be to elevate wide receivers. I think the O-line will be fine and maybe a strength by mid season. A project that is making excellent progress is Drew Brown. Drew is 6'4" with good ability but will need to get stronger and more physical. That gives Maryville that tall WR that Quarrels has enjoyed the last several years. Add Maples and Reiser to the mix and it has potential but the last three years Maryville has graduated many excellent receivers and it's becoming more difficult to keep the ranks full.

From last nights game I absolutely loved the sideline checkoff from GQ. The check on a slant pass for a TD to Harris was that good ole dependable 111. The bleachers being so close to the sidelines last night allowed us to hear some of GQ's checks. It was awesome watching George managing that game. The no-huddle offense is definately a plus at Maryville.

825345186[/snapback]

Yep, it is a rare treat to get in the mind of a genius!! I loved it when every time we got in 3rd and short the "RHINO" chants came form all over the stands!! The sad part was thet West knew what was coming couldn't stop it. West was so over committed in those situations, we could have handed the ball off to AB or Cade could have kept it and TD's would have been there everytime.

Just wanted to give props to Stephen Childs last night.  He's a smart player out there and we are lucky to have him.  The open field tackle on the MoWest guy was awesome and audible!  Does anybody know if Childs plays basketball????  Rebelraider, do you know??

825345335[/snapback]

Pretty sure he's a 2 sport athlete.....not certain though. :)

One of our great transplants everyone else in the region likes to blame their losses on. It's amazing, we've taken all their best and now they can't win. Of course, Child's isn't from here, but you get the gist.