How bout them Rebels?

missingthesouth

FYI: RebelRaider's cocky attitude - which, don't get me wrong, is his right to have on a sports-based message board - doesn't reflect the attitude of all Maryville fans. Most of us prefer a little more subtle pride and support of our team; with more appreciation of our opponents abilities and desire to upset us.

Being overpowered by a team that is just a better team doesn't make you "terrible". RebelRaider....let's not give Motown West or anyone else motivational quotes that they can post on their board if they end up pulling everything together and re-playing us again in the playoffs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they wanna use my truthful statements as motivational quotes have at it. they are gonna need the motivation if they are playing Maryville. they arent terrible because they got overpowered, they are terrible because their team couldnt do anything at all. their offense couldnt complete a pass if the man was standing right next to him, and that had nothing to do with overpowering. they just dont click as a team, that is why they are terrible, and i think their 2-3 record portrays that very well

i would be surprised if they make it to semifinals this year, they are terrible.  their offense didnt do anything all game long, and their defense obviously isnt anything to talk about.  if they make it to the playoffs, and that is a big IF, they will be out in the first or second round.

825345017[/snapback]

Did you feel like you were being watched last nite raider? I walked behind you and your buddies 2 or 3 times going to consessions. The swimming gear was great comedy. Everybody got a good laugh. <_<

I sat next to Rebelknight at the game. He is a really good guy. Ya'll would like his knowledge of the game. He gave you real big props Ron on your knowledge, as I often do and will again today thumb

Did you all notice the only real big run they had was the play after adam went out and was relieved? Says a lot about Adam's contirbutions. West was just lucky they had called that play. They didn't check to it or anything.

The important part was they didn't get another one after that. His backup held ground after that play.

Edited by dmoyers1

FYI:  RebelRaider's cocky attitude - which, don't get me wrong, is his right to have on a sports-based message board - doesn't reflect the attitude of all Maryville fans.  Most of us prefer a little more subtle pride and support of our team; with more appreciation of our opponents abilities and desire to upset us. 

Being overpowered by a team that is just a better team doesn't make you "terrible".  RebelRaider....let's not give Motown West or anyone else motivational quotes that they can post on their board if they end up pulling everything together and re-playing us again in the playoffs.

825345046[/snapback]

Mich2tn, lets not start the "is trash talk ok, is it not ok", debate. Raider is right, you just don't like how he's saying it. They were bad for a MoWest team. The worst we've played in recent memory.

Their a young team and will be better over the next couple of years. We might not be as good next year, so let's enjoy this win as much as possible guys thumb

im tellin you man just tap me on the shoulder or something and introduce yourself, id be glad to meet you

825345061[/snapback]

I started to, but food was callin my name. I will next week. You guys were havin fun, so I didn't interrupt. The swim gear was a really cool idea!!

Were you red shorts or blue shrts? There were 2 guys with helmets, which didn't help pick you out this time.

i was the red shorts.  i always have the rebel flag with the red and black stripes on it.  there is another one with red and black but it has a design on it.

825345071[/snapback]

Ok, I'll find ya next week, if the Vol Navy doesn't start call my name Friday nite. I'm pretty sure I'll be at the game though.

Ron, I gotta meet you too. Where'd you sit last nite?

Being overpowered by a team that is just a better team doesn't make you "terrible".  RebelRaider....let's not give Motown West or anyone else motivational quotes that they can post on their board if they end up pulling everything together and re-playing us again in the playoffs.

825345046[/snapback]

RebelRaider is right on the money, two games, Mo West has 0pts from the offense, and has allowed 66pts.

I don`t know about you, but that sounds pretty terrible to me.

Maryville ran all over Mo-town. One thing Maryville had on their side that Mo-town didnt was revenge. Cade looked great. Everyone was clicking. The defense was incredible. Stephen Childs rocked some poor kids world. Morristown is a great team, but us blowing them away 38-0 just proves how good we are. The only test we will have, which I really dont think we can lose, will be against Central. For now, let's have fun with this "off-week" against Willy Blount. I think GQ should play the JV and save the varsity for next game. Man, all my friends from WB told me how awesome WB was gonna be until they lost their first game. Then, once they went 0-3, they haven't called me or anything. I guess the "year" they were talking about might land them in last place in 5A.