How bout them Rebels?

missingthesouth

[

Their a young team and will be better over the next couple of years.  We might not be as good next year, so let's enjoy this win as much as possible guys  thumb

825345060[/snapback]

Not so fast dmoyers1. You need some info on the make up of this team. Next year the core of this team will be be made up with a junior class that may be one of the best ever at MHS. Comparisons can easily be made with the 2002 class that won three state championships.

Here is what you can expect. RB positions will be filled with Tallent, (sr) Baker and Singleton (jrs). We will have a new QB and a O-line that will have to be rebuilt but it's not like the cupboard is bare. The current sophomore class had all postions covered with LB's, DB's, offensive and defensive lineman, WR's, a QB, and even a kicker. These kids are not only very good but have played together for many years. They also have ample and quality depth.

The defense will be awesome next year. Key loses will be J. Smith and Adam Parnel but ample and very good depth will step up with the current contributors and make this D possible the best ever. Add Tanner (the hot man) Caylor to the list of LB's. The D-line will be stocked with J. Husky and L. Darrias to add to current JR's. Add Reiser, Maples, and Shiver to the defensive backfield. No quetion the D-line and linebackers will be tremendous next year.

The offense may go through some growing pains early but it won't take them long to look like a typical Maryville O. Add the current JR class with the current sophomore class and you will have something special. I can assure the Maryville coaches are a little giddy with next years prospectus. Of course the focus is this year and with good reason.

There may also be a few up comig sophomores that contribute to the success such as Shiver, Douglas, and Burnett.

Remember something dmoyers1.........Maryville doesn't rebuild.......Maryville reloads. Next year they will have tried and proven ammunition.

Stay tune....the fun will just continue

825345133[/snapback]

MLREB good points.

With the emergence of Josh Smith at DT, along with Cable, I would not be surprised to see Tucker go back to OT and sure up the O-Line in 2005.

Also, I think Kat Kimsey would be quick enough to give us a good physical corner next year. Then we could move Caylor in at OLB and get the best 11 out there on D in 2005. Thoughts.....

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see bud. Every team will struggle when losing a marquee QB. I of course want us to win every game and have 400 state championships. I'm just cautiosly optimistic you might say.

It never hurts to have a bunch of juniors that have siginificant playing time. thumb

ps I didn't need a lecture on the build or the heart of this team. I watch them every Friday too. thumb

Every team will struggle when losing a marquee QB.

The answer is Derrick Hunt. He has been playing the position since he was in diapers. I assure you there will be no QB concerns as long as he stays healthy.

Cade is great. No discredit to him. You need to follow what we've got coming. It's not a lecture.........just a fact!

Once again, my apologies. I know who Hunt is and don't mean any discredit to him....it's still difficult to replace a proven commodity. I keep up with 3 teams and spend most of my free time away from Maryville High School.

Annnnywaaaaay.....we're looking pretty good so far lads. I guess the big question is, who scores on us next. :blink: Something has to give there....or does it? Our D has really been lights out.

Edited by dmoyers1

jlay, Rouse going to Weselyn was on coach T about two months ago. He was always a better baseball player than Football. Football took cash out of his pocket. when he got hurt before his junior year. He would have been drafted in the nid to late rounds of the am draft last June. Tough luck. I hope that Steven Childs has as good of Senior year in baseball as he is having in Football. His junior year he played very little.

Hunt will be fun to watch. He's smaller than Cade and quicker. Hunt will be an added feature to an already loaded program. He's gonna be the perfect "high school QB". The kind that will take control of the offense and do whatever it takes to get that 1st down or score the touchdown such as Alex did last year or Zack at Central for all 3 years.

825348799[/snapback]

Well, let's hope he's more like Alex and a lot less like Zack. Zack is as much a threat to lose 20 yards scrambling as he is to gain 80 throwing, running, or handing off.

:)

jlay, Rouse going to Weselyn was on coach T about two months ago. He was always a better baseball player than Football. Football took cash out of his pocket. when he got hurt before his junior year. He would have been drafted in the nid to late rounds of the am draft last June. Tough luck. I hope that Steven Childs has as good of Senior year in baseball as he is having in Football. His junior year he played very little.

825348631[/snapback]

Sorry everybody for asking my stupid question about Alex Rouse. Wasn't following the boards close a couple of months ago. I apologize. I still say we try to teach Childs bball before the season starts. You can tell he is a winner