How bout them Rebels?

missingthesouth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville[/url]Rebels' date='Sep 17 2004 - 03:24 PM']I feel so left out lately.  My fraternity is keeping me away from MHS football and I feel outta the loop.  Ohh well, I think I will be back there next week to add my smart alic comments.  I'm sure everyone around me has missed them! :)

825345539[/snapback]

Raider has carried the torch for you....

;)

Pretty sure he's a 2 sport athlete.....not certain though.  ;)

One of our great transplants everyone else in the region likes to blame their losses on.  It's amazing, we've taken all their best and now they can't win.  Of course, Child's isn't from here, but you get the gist.

825345357[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I like to watch smart bball players as well. Hope he does play roundball as well. They're going to need some help this season, but that's another forum.

Another M'ville question: Bear with me, I am relatively new to the world of Rebel football (past couple of years), what happened to Alex Rouse? I heard he was supposed to try and walk on for UT--did he make it?

Thanks for the info.  I like to watch smart bball players as well.  Hope he does play roundball as well.  They're going to need some help this season, but that's another forum.

Another M'ville question:  Bear with me, I am relatively new to the world of Rebel football (past couple of years), what happened to Alex Rouse?  I heard he was supposed to try and walk on for UT--did he make it?

825345581[/snapback]

I just checked, he's not on the 70+ man travel roster. He might be on the practice squad. REBELRON!! Where are you? Need info please ;)

I thought he was going to a DIV II or III squad. Carson Newman or Maryville College.....Ron will know.

I just checked, he's not on the 70+ man travel roster.  He might be on the practice squad.  REBELRON!! Where are you?  Need info please  ;)

I thought he was going to a DIV II or III squad.  Carson Newman or Maryville College.....Ron will know.

825345588[/snapback]

Thanks for looking--another smart player with alot of heart. Hope he is doing well.

I heard that Alex decided to be a student only. I don't know that for sure though.

825345598[/snapback]

What else is going on Ron? You gonna try to take a game in tonite, or gonna avoid being rained on twice? I think I'm gonna save my dry clothes for TN/FL.

Central carter is still tnite isn't it? Man, what a slaughter that should be, but the rain can be a great equalizer, so it might be closer than Central wants it....

Alex Rouse isn't going to UT at all.  He was gonna try out for football but decided baseball was his best bet in the college level.  He signed a scholarship with Tennessee-Weslyn in Athens, Tennessee.  He has been up there for a while I cannot believe no one has heard this.

825345647[/snapback]

That is exactly right! It was reported on "Sports Talk about a month ago. Why would he walk on behind Shaffer or Ange?

Edited by Rebelsman

Just wanted to give props to Stephen Childs last night.  He's a smart player out there and we are lucky to have him.  The open field tackle on the MoWest guy was awesome and audible!  Does anybody know if Childs plays basketball????  Rebelraider, do you know??

825345335[/snapback]

childs is a two sport athlete but he plays his other sport on the baseball diamond. childs has had an awesome season with the Rebels so far. he has hooked up with cade in almost every game for a td(s) and is solid in the secondary all the time. we are glad to have him here to help with the massacres of all the teams we play, next up WB

childs is a two sport athlete but he plays his other sport on the baseball diamond.  childs has had an awesome season with the Rebels so far.  he has hooked up with cade in almost every game for a td(s) and is solid in the secondary all the time.  we are glad to have him here to help with the massacres of all the teams we play, next up WB

825346631[/snapback]

Maybe we can teach him bball too ;)