Jefferson Co vs Cocke Co

JC4life

Except for this game being homecoming does anyone even care about the game next friday? I would say that if this game wasn`t homecoming there wouldn`t be anyone at the game Last year's game was a joke, with most of fans leaving early in the 3rd quarter, I don`t think this year will be any different. I may be wrong, but I can`t see the fighting cocks giving us any troube again. The Pats should be able to work on the passing game without having to worry about losing.I actually think this game will be another shutout.

Final Score

Jeff Co-38

Cocke Co-0

Edited by JC4life

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that JC will be overlooking Cocke Co... especially after a loss. And also because they are not allowed to participate in homecoming so their minds should be on the game. But I agree with JC4Life on this one.. I think that the Pats will shut them out but I don't think that they will be able to freely pass the ball. They have A LOT of work to do in that department and also in blitz protection. We need the splitback veer back... that way when 9 people rush we can just run Right Red 138... yee haw... 1 step drop.. anyways... sorry had a flash back. I think that JC will win fairly easily this game.

JC - 42

CC - 3

I don't think that JC will be overlooking Cocke Co... especially after a loss. And also because they are not allowed to participate in homecoming so their minds should be on the game.  But I agree with JC4Life on this one.. I think that the Pats will shut them out but I don't think that they will be able to freely pass the ball.  They have A LOT of work to do in that department and also in blitz protection. We need the splitback veer back... that way when 9 people rush we can just run Right Red 138... yee haw... 1 step drop.. anyways... sorry had a flash back. I think that JC will win fairly easily this game.

JC - 42

CC - 3

825345420[/snapback]

Right Red 138, I loved that play, or we could run left blue 96. Old coach K didn`t like to pass the ball that much, but when he did BAM! I say this is as good a week as ever to work on the passing game, we won`t get another opponet like this until we play SD

BTW I would really like for use to drop Cocke Co from our schedule. I know all the old Patriots fans would go crazy because this USE to be a big rivary game, but its not anymore. We really need to schedule a better team in that slot, a team from from 4A like Greeneville,or Powell,maybe add Mo East back to the schedule or even 3A team like Anderson Co would be alot better. With us adding Rhea Co back to the schedule last year, and if we were to schedule one of those teams, we would have a good mix of teams in our schedule.

BTW I would really like for use to drop Cocke Co from our schedule. I know all the old Patriots fans would go crazy because this USE to be a big rivary game, but its not anymore. We really need to schedule a better team in that slot, a team from from 4A like Greeneville,or Powell,maybe add Mo East back to the schedule or even 3A team like Anderson Co would be alot better. With us adding Rhea Co back to the schedule last year, and if we were to schedule one of those teams, we would have a good mix of teams in our schedule.

825345501[/snapback]

would love it if marty could get past the distance conflict and schedule oakland, man that would be a treat!

would love it if marty could get past the distance conflict and schedule oakland, man that would be a treat!

825345503[/snapback]

We use to play Riverdale, and Knox Central back in the day. Can`t see many patriot fans going out to see us play at Oakland. If Oakland wants to come here, I`d say they`re welcome. Can`t see it happening though, like you said, too much travel.

well if we play at danridge i guarantee you will 2 there, me and region4fan ;) . although it sounds good on paper, im sure coach ferg would much rather play somebody locally, but it would be a fun one to watch, 2 teams with great traditions

This game needs to be one where we put it away early then work on those things that will help us later on. This is hard because if you're up a couple touches and then start throwing the ball, you could be accused of trying to run up the score. Anything can happen--CC has had flashes of teams past at times this year and is a better team than they were last year and the Pats won't have the announcer motivating them as happened in a slow start last year ("Call your neighbors and friends, we have us a ball game" when Cocke got close.).

I predict the same score as the last CC team we played--35-0.

well JC4Life is the perrenial trash talker of the boards. Fitting it is a Jefferson County fan.

If Mikey Grimes is out (545 yards in 4 games), then Jeff County probably has an easy time. Darius Collins can throw and run, but struggled in the rain.

Defensive wise, Cocke County is good against the run, decent against the pass, but if they fail to get pressure, and the QB has an extremely long time to throw, the WRs usually beat the DBs, badly.

Hopefully JC4Life's mentaility is the same as the teams.

I think Jeff County wins, but it's not 35-0.