Blackman vs Gallatin

Yes...I did notice it! Fisher leads the team in sacks, Miller leads the team in tackles, Harper is what...fourth, Harris is second in rushing even after the injury. We are really going to be good the next 2 years.

But lets not take away from this year. This team has a lot of heart and desire. If we can get healthy and stay that way, we should be a force this year too. There is more overall team speed then at anytime I can remember. Hopefully tackling will not be an issue the rest of the season. I am very excited about the football game Friday; I want to see what kind of changes that have been made for the rest of the season.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By no means would I take away from this year. Yes, we were beaten by a very good team, and it didn't help that we couldn't make tackles. We made several mistakes that need to be corrected. I see us making the playoffs by all means. Do I think we have what it takes to win it all???? I couldn't say so at this point. However, changes could be made and we could contend with the best of them. Also, I am reminded of the preseason quote from Lassiter, "Just be patient". I am being patient with him and awaiting the next few years. It should be an interesting ride from here to there (including the present season)! And lest we forget, "Factor this!"

By no means would I take away from this year. Yes, we were beaten by a very good team, and it didn't help that we couldn't make tackles. We made several mistakes that need to be corrected. I see us making the playoffs by all means. Do I think we have what it takes to win it all???? I couldn't say so at this point. However, changes could be made and we could contend with the best of them. Also, I am reminded of the preseason quote from Lassiter, "Just be patient". I am being patient with him and awaiting the next few years. It should be an interesting ride from here to there (including the present season)! And lest we forget, "Factor this!"

825352335[/snapback]

FACTOR THIS I'll never forget that one!!!

In my opinion, the west is not as strong as it was last year. We have a good chance to make a strong run in the playoffs but there is a lot of football to play before that chance comes. "Just be patient", I wonder if he was refering to this season or the next couple.......either way it is good to be a Green Wave!!!!

Cat........not sure what you are talking about. I was talking last yr when  Shad was quoted in the paper saying all week that Wolke was out and would not play against Blackman. There were Wolke sightings that week with no visible injury. Wasn't Childs already at Maryville then??

I heard today that Blackman has moved all their freshmen to varsity because of injuries to the varsity. I think they are down to about 27 on the varsity now......I also heard the Frosh line is better than the Varsity??

825351759[/snapback]

Nope he was on the team he transferred after last yr. I was at practice every day that week and Wolke was definetly hurt. Shad was asked if Childs would start and he said Childs would definetly start. What he didn't say was that Childs would start at his usual WR spot.

Gallatin football always seems to get better and better. I love my Green Wave! It looks like I bought Gallatin reserved seats at the perfect time, the beginning of a potential football era! I really hope that Gallatin opens up with Riverdale next season, even if we were to have to go down there to Tomahawk. That would be an awesome crowd! I am not going to be able to go to the game this week, but I plan to at least listen to the replay on Saturday morning! You all will have to come back and give me a good summary of the game!

But of course....... :lol:

825353212[/snapback]

well maybe you'll see me there. I'll be the white guy with a blue MTSU hat on and I have really long Elvis sideburns. Not sure what I'll wear, probably blue jean shorts with a T-shirt. If you see me there hollar at me and introduce yourself. I'll even take a walk around to the Gallatin side a few times.

Edited by bhsOL