Maryville vs. William Blount

RebelRaider

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming from all the C-men of chattanooga central high. Remeber us blount at the game last night yall guys rocked and all you girls who were screaming and all you cheer leaders yall are cra-zy. William blount is gonna whip Maryville. Another thing to all you cra-zy girls from william blount if you wanna call us some time our number's are (423-605-0906) (423-344-7141) (423-961-1309) (423-432-4487) just ask for a guy that goes to central and make sure you say it's the blount girls and were cra-zy. C-ya.

This is coming from all the C-men of chattanooga central high. Remeber us blount at the game last night yall guys rocked and all you girls who were screaming and all you cheer leaders yall are cra-zy. William blount is gonna whip Maryville. Another thing to all you cra-zy girls from william blount if you wanna call us some time our number's are (423-605-0906) (423-344-7141) (423-961-1309) (423-432-4487) just ask for a guy that goes to central and make sure you say it's the blount girls and were cra-zy. C-ya.

825349684[/snapback]

If the mothers of the girls are as fun as the girls sound they can feel free to give me a call 800-shortys....ask for shorty

Govman! That wouldn't be a pretty sight.

As a Rebel fan I overlook no one. I will never forget my junior year in 1980 when Maryville was 7-0 and ranked #1 in the state. Maryville had just drilled South Young 40-0. We Rebel players watched film of South Young beating Powell 17-0. Powell looked awful on tape. Powell beat Maryville 7-6 on a rainy field. I learned that night you never overlook anyone.

825349098[/snapback]

you probably remember the name Billy staggs from that Powell team Ron. He is a good family friend. Great guy and one heck of a linebacker. He graduated in 82 or 83.

825349684[/snapback]

Welcome to Coach T's Singles Line.....I'm not real sure this is a good place to picke up girls moron. It's mostly a buck convention....mostly. :rolleyes:

Agree with RebRon, never overlook anyone and take one at a time. If Maryville does what they are supposed to do, the game will not be close. I would like to see Maryville tested, but I'm not sure who might be able to do that during the regular season. Central maybe, but the Rebs are looking pretty good right now. I really like the way Gaylor is rotating the front 4 on defense. The depth and experience is going to pay big dividends down the stretch in my opinion. I mean the team is only giving up 4.8 points per contest and 12 or those 24 points allowed have come in the 4th qtr when the starters and rotation players are on the bench. Maryville has not had those kinds of stats since 1939! There is a chance WB may not score this week if GQ get’s a wild hair and delays calling off the dogs. But, like I said above Maryville has not been tested by anyone really.

I expect that WB will be 0-5 after Friday because I think it is safe to say Maryville should click at home vs. a county rivalry. GQ and company will pile it on if some of those loud mouth hate filled fans get it going on the visitor side. I remember a WB coach a few years back that had his kid playing running back that got frustrated to the point where he flipped the Maryville student section the "Bird". Man, I thought the Maryville D was gonna kill the kid the way they pummeled him the rest of the game till he got thrown out if I remember right. This is the biggest county rivalry vs. Maryville in my mind because I know enough folks from WB who HATE Maryville. The word hate is a strong word, but I can't think of a better way to describe the emotion behind the game.

I do not think WB's backfield is anything dangerous. Wall is fast but is too short to see over his O-Line and is not that good of a HS QB. Any proficient Defense is going to stop the Wing-T cold. The Wing-T in my mind is an out dated offence mainly because speed is the modern key to defense vs. size of years past. In other words most defenses are as fast as the backfield is and to be sure quicker than most O lines. Wall works hard like the Heritage kid, but the skills are not there yet. Walker and Oz are also fast as anyone in the county, but the O line is getting pushed around and Maryville’s LB's and DEs won't let these guys get outside.

Breaking it down with a few numbers WB has an Offence that only manages just over 15 pts per game, and most of those scores come late vs. the other teams 2nd string with the contest already lost. The WB defense is giving up over 37 points per contest, that’s too many points for anybody to let the opponent to have. The upside if there is one WB has lost to four teams who have a combined record of 18-2. This shows they are being beat by better teams. I think there is a chance the team may lose as many as 9 or maybe all 10 games this year. Sorry Gov's but the wheels have come off the wagon this year.

Rebelron and others,

What is the deal with William Blount?  I thought all along they were probably overhyped, but right now they are not even competing.  With the talent they have at running back why can't they generate more offensive?  Is the defense that bad?

Given the state of things (and Maryville staying focused) I say 42-0, Maryville.

825349566[/snapback]

They have plenty of enough talent on offense to win some games, they've got some very talented RB's w/ speed and skill ( Osborne, Carson, Walker ) that's three dangerous weapons on offense but there's not much blocking going on though. From what I hear from close sources the team doesn't have any emotion or heart. Defensively there problem is a lack of team speed and there not real aggressive on "D"

825349684[/snapback]

And that was really cool how ya'll chowed u last night. You'll take any chance you get to cheer against Ooltewah, won't you? Probably shouldn't go to Taco Bell after the game anymore though! ;)

ive seen soddy play blount and watched the owls last night. when those two teams play it should be a good game. soddy has size and the owls have speed. both teams have a good qb. if i had to pick a winner in this game i would go with the owls in a close game. ive seen maryville play this year and believe the rebels would beat both teams, but it would be fun games to watch. soddy and the owls should do well in the playoffs. i have seen maryville play thur the good times and the bad times and stood by them win or lose. the william blount fans and community need to stay with their team durning these hard times. its easy to bash someone when they are down , but just remember this. what goes around comes around. good luck to both teams friday night.