SMYRNA VS BRENTWOOD

82cat

Just another out of region cup cake for Smyrna :ph34r:

While I like playing great competition It sure would be nice to have 2 tough out of region games and one cup cake. H,ville, Gallatin and Brentwood sure will get us better at the end of the yr by playing good competition so I guess in the end it will help. But Warren County needs to play good teams to and we could be there for them.

This will be a very tough team to play. I have seen them on film and they as always run every formation know to man. They also mix it up with the run and the pass very well.

Defensively they are always tough and well coached.

It should be a great non region game.

Smyrna advantage lies in Orona and Johnson's speed and ability to score quickly from anywhere especially punts and kick offs.

Does Brentwood have a punter and kicker that can keep it away form them especially can they kick it in the end zone?

I see a high scoring game like last yr in the 30's

Brentwood would have to be a huge favorite going into this game and being a non region game hopefully Smyrna can play loose.

I'll get to meet some Brentwood folks Friday One of my friends lives a couple blocks from the stadium and we are tailgating at their house with some brentwood people so it will be a fun game day.

One thing that you might get out of this is whether anyone in the west side of the bracket will have anything for Riverdale when the playoffs begin. Smyrna has already played Riverdale and you know the result, and the way the west side of the state bracket looks either Brentwood or Franklin may be it. Germantown has already lost 2 games, and right now no one else really looks that impressive from the Memphis area in 5A.

I agree there is zereo doubt everyone is playing for the right to face Riverdale somewhere in the playofffs and the way it looks right now for the right to be second place. They are really good.

I could care less about playoffs etc I think way to much emphasis is placed on that instead of playing each game as it comes and let the chips fall where they may.

Smyrna wants this one after last year. I don't think Brentwood will give Smyrna that much trouble because they are a passing team and they don't have that one dominating player like they did last year. Brentwood has only beaten one good team this year and played a bunch of below average to average teams. Smyrna has played a hard non region schedule and only lost one game to the best team in the state.

One thing that you might get out of this is whether anyone in the west side of the bracket will have anything for Riverdale when the playoffs begin. Smyrna has already played Riverdale and you know the result, and the way the west side of the state bracket looks either Brentwood or Franklin may be it. Germantown has already lost 2 games, and right now no one else really looks that impressive from the Memphis area in 5A.

825347440[/snapback]

Let me add a few then. Antioch, Gallatin, Bolton, and White Station. Don't overlook Cordova who has played very well the last 2 weeks.

I think Smyrna wins this game. I too have not been impressed with the Bruins.

Thats the beautiful thing about brentwoods offense, is that they dont just have 1 standout player. There running backs are a great tandom, along with their wrs, and with McCurdy in the backfield calling the shots, the offense is a dangerous threat. I think brentwood will win in a close one. Crawford will have his defense ready as always and will shut down the two studs from Smyrna.

ATTENTION:"They have no players, They've played nobody, the coaches are miserable. They've impressed no one, especially themselves. Brentwood has barely eleven players out for football-and those guys are all short, fat, and slow. Not one of them can play at the next level because they can barely play at this level."

(shhhhh bwoodbruins. Let's keep flying under the radar.)

I look forward to seeing this game. Smyrna is slightly better than last year and Brentwood is slightly down from last year. The one difference to me is that Brentwood finds a way to win (except against Franklin). I think it's because they have great coaching and scrappy players.

Brentwood's defense was swarming against Centennial. Their offense appeared to be limited in selection more so than in the past but that may have been the weather.

You can put Smyrna, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Gallatin and Dickson County all in the same category. There shouldn't be a three point spread in any matchup between any of them!