Sequatchie County @ South Pittsburg

SCHS#23

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad valley-what can you attribute the give up attitude of So. Pitt to. Is it coaching, community, school....what? They have the talent. They are probably the most skilled team in the valley with the closest runner up being North Jackson. North Jackson is probably stronger, but maybe not faster year in and year out. How can they not dominate the scene in the Sequatchie Valley?

Heard from a friend of mine he is an arrogant front runner. When he has a loaded team he beats people 75-0 and when he has a good team he has trouble winning games. Besides that I read the Times article after the loss last year to Boyd and he basically took no blame for the loss rather pin the loss on fumbles (ie Freshman runningback) I have a real problem with that...you dont? Thats my only problem with him. You cant dispute his overall record. You dont win that many without some good thoughts however. Just take some responsibility for losses as well as wins. I did however have one other beef. That being only partly his fault. How many So. Pitt players have ever gone to college? Are they not talented enough or what? Is it the school or what? Counselors?

SP get's it back together this week and beats Seq. 27-16.

825353007[/snapback]

What kind of problems have they been having? Is it a lack of talent, coaching, or hustle? It doesn't look like they have been playing together as a team. I have heard on other boards that they still have talent but its 11 players not 1 team.

Edited by SCyv-wu

What kind of problems have they been having? Is it a lack of talent, coaching, or hustle? It doesn't look like they have been playing together as a team. I have heard on other boards that they still have talent but its 11 players not 1 team.

825353167[/snapback]

They just don't have talent this year, it's as simple as that. They lost 16 seniors from last year and then lost 5 starters after spring practice (a very talented quarterback and tailback plus three linemen). They basically have two kids that can play, the quarterback (Allison) and the reciever (Robinson), after that there are maybe 2 or 3 others that are decent. Their line is not good and too small, they can't gain anything on the ground and the quarterback runs for his life. The quarterback and reciever have both missed time and played hurt in all of their three games so far this season. They did have a week off, and if the line play improves and they get healthy, they could still beat some teams. This post is not to make excuses, it is just a down year.

SP has some good talent on the sidelines. The reason they don't play is because they can't get there blocking assignments down. If it were up to me I'd play some of them, because apparently the one's they have playing now may know their assignments. but the athletic part isn't there.

825354409[/snapback]

I understand that, it's a question of which is better hard work and discipline... or raw talent. The shame is if you have talent why do some find it so hard to be disciplined? If they only knew how good they could be if they executed correctly.