UT BCS Bound?

Gerry Bertier

Well I consider myself an optimistic person and I think the Vols have a great shot at a BCS game and if the defense improves the National Championship game. I know they still have tough SEC games home games against Auburn and Alabama and tough SEC road games against Georgia, Ole Miss, and South Carolina. Also a tough non-conference game against Notre Dame. This is a tough schedule for the Vols but I think they have the ability to go undefeated. I know these are high hopes but what does everyone else think?

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon guys. Get real. Before the first game of the season most of you were wondering who the QB would be for Tennessee and if they would have a winning season much less a national championship. We have some of the most exciting times ahead and that's with a very young team. Sit back, enjoy and let the cards fall where they may. There is a lot of good football going on at UT and I hope they stay competitive in every game. THAT, would be my ideal expectation. Pop a top, open a bag and wear your orange. Good times are here again. thumb

Edited by ERA

Guest Oakland
Auburn 31 UT 3 at the half.

I am loving this game.

825365436[/snapback]

i agree but for less obvious reasons. nice to see tuberville succed after his job was in hot water last year, i hope they go undefeated going into the georgia game

It's pretty obvious that it's not all about the coaching. Tuberville is laughing and grinning throughout the game while his team is taking care of business. Saban (LSU) on the other hand, is coming off of a national championship run only to have their butts kicked by Georgia. UT, even though they were romped by Auburn, actually were showing signs of where Auburn was last year. Remember, Auburn was picked to do well last year and they fell flat on their face. UT has the weapons. They need experience. They got a truckload of experience yesterday. Let's see what the plans are for their offense now from Sanders. Should be interesting to see if they throw Schaeffer a bone or continue to rotate equally.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Tennessee has a very good chance to go to a BCS bowl. With an apparent loss from Miami tonight, and either Virginia or FSU going down this week, Tennessee has a great chance to make it into the top 7 before the SEC champ, providing we make it there. With a SEC CHamp win, we will obviously be a lock for a BCS bowl, but another perspective is the fact that we might be able to get an at-large bid if we perform strongly the rest of the year.

I think that Tennessee has a very good chance to go to a BCS bowl. With an apparent loss from Miami tonight, and either Virginia or FSU going down this week, Tennessee has a great  chance to make it into the top 7 before the SEC champ, providing we make it there. With a SEC CHamp win, we will obviously be a lock for a BCS bowl, but another perspective is the fact that we might be able to get an at-large bid if we perform strongly the rest of the year.

825381851[/snapback]

Miami came back!

UT will get a bit of help with Auburn and Georgia tangling. In a virtual elimination game on October 30th, the Dawgs will try and finally solve Ron Zook and the Gators @ the Cocktail Party.

Auburn should steamroll into the Iron Bowl, with only one potential land-mine game - Georgia.

UT needs a TON of help to think about Oranges, but stranger things have happened. I'd just be more focused on beating a suddenly rejuvinated Ole Miss squad.