McCallie 17, Brentwood Academy 7

WesVLT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie played very well. Congratulations on a big win.

The game started off with the Tornado going 3 and out, punting the ball away to BA on about the 30. BA drove the ball down to about the McCallie 30, with big running plays...ripping off 5-7 yards at a clip. Then, for some reason, the Eagles switched QBs, starting throwing the ball, and stalled out. Missed field goal attempt...McCallie gets the ball on the twenty, and drives down for the score. Game over!

Very puzzling decisions and performance by the Eagles tonight. Bottom line...they are 0-2 in region games, and need to get it together quickly. I still believe they have the talent to make a run, but they need to beat the teams they should beat.

BDD is wrong...the O-line did a pretty good job, but the running backs need to make a few plays. I remember one play in particular where the entire Tornado defensive line was blocked on the inside...Tyree Ford was outside, with one cornerback to beat for a huge gain, and the guy made a nice tackle to stop him for a 1 yard gain. Couple other times BA was sneaking Griffin to try to get first downs on 3rd and short, and he chose to go outside the tackles, despite holes inside. Sort of "Titans-esque". Kudos to McCallie for making those plays...the Eagles need to make something happen.

From what I hear very little imagination from BA tonight offensively. Everyone said that the players are extremely frustrated, but have been playing there off.

It is so obvious that the game is flying by Flatt. They need to make some changes quick.

Why did they change QB's in the middle of the drives???? I think the quarterbacks are even wondering that. BA has some talent, but Coach Flatt is not using the talent he has on the field or off (I am talking about some assistant coaches who Flatt does not let have any input)!

Oh well, he's not going to fire himself!

Itzme-

Not looking to start a fight or make you mad ....but do you really think that was good blocking on the part of BA?? When I think of BA Football, I think of dominating, well discipled, sychronized driving machines up front...I didn't see that.

I really didn't see anyone making what I would call a good driving block. There was no push by the line at all. Compared to the Centennial game I know they were off! The BA center for his size, really didn't show me much and Nick Forte was ineffective as well. I would have thought with the Big TE BA has, that off tackle would work....but I didn't see it. Sorry! You are right about that shoestring tackle...I thought that and the facemask penalty were huge!

McCallie punting good as well!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Itzme-

Not looking to start a fight or make you mad ....but do you really think that was good blocking on the part of BA?? When I think of BA Football, I think of dominating, well discipled, sychronized driving machines up front...I didn't see that.

I really didn't see anyone making what I would call a good driving block. There was no push by the line at all.  Compared to the Centennial game I know they were off! The BA center for his size, really didn't show me much and Nick Forte was ineffective as well. I would have thought with the Big TE BA has, that off tackle would work....but I didn't see it.  Sorry! You are right about that shoestring tackle...I thought that and the facemask penalty were huge!

McCallie punting good as well!

825349457[/snapback]

Well...Nick Forte played center tonight (for the first time ever, BTW; another strange one) after three weeks out with mono...so I guess you killed one bird with two stones there. I would say that part of the o-line did pretty well, another was so-so. I would ask how many times did you hear the big, highly recruited DE for McCallie's name being called for tackles tonight? Nil! Nobody for BA played great, but I just think that the weak spot tonight was at the "skill" positions. Also, again, decisions. BA ran to the weak side most of the night...after that first drive. Honestly, just incomprehensible to me.

You are certainly right about the facemask, and the blown coverage the play before that on McCallie's last drive...those were killers. I'm not making any excuses for the Eagles, they were clearly the second best team on the field this evening.

Edited by itzme

Itsme, i agree wtih yoyr skill plyers comment. Help me understand these mid-season plyer changes in the skill positions. Take you top running back and make him a wide receiver, take a defensive tackle and make him full back, make last years starting quarteback this years back-up and this years top reciever a decoy? Couple these changes with an offensive scheme stuck in the 80's and you can see problems on the horizon.

Itsme, i agree wtih yoyr skill plyers comment.  Help me understand these mid-season plyer changes in the skill positions.  Take you top running back and make him a wide receiver, take a defensive tackle and make him full back, make last years starting quarteback this years back-up and this years top reciever a decoy?  Couple these changes with an offensive scheme stuck in the 80's and you can see problems on the horizon.

825349593[/snapback]

You're asking the wrong guy about all the changes.

The game has gone way past Coach Flatt. I personally loved with 4 minutes left in the game when he ran two run plays in a row down 10. I thought it was a great idea to keep the clock moveing in that situation. O I also love when he cant get the play out of his mouth and has to waste timeouts. The last thing i love is how he runs the defense and runs the same base 50 defense every play. No stunts, no blitzes, and no disguising secondary coverages. A brilliant man. WE WANT PITTMAN.

The game has gone way past Coach Flatt. I personally loved with 4 minutes left in the game when he ran two run plays in a row down 10. I thought it was a great idea to keep the clock moveing in that situation. O I also love when he cant get the play out of his mouth and has to waste timeouts. The last thing i love is how he runs the defense and runs the same base 50 defense every play. No stunts, no blitzes, and no disguising secondary coverages. A brilliant man. WE WANT PITTMAN.

825351993[/snapback]

Can't disagree with any of those observations!