McCallie 17, Brentwood Academy 7

WesVLT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie Defense swarmed to the ball! BA looked slow compared to McCallie in almost every phase of the game. Bart Roark #61 for McCallie made several big plays from DE position including a vicious sack. BA tried to go to Barry Turner most of the time and only found him once in the endzone...most other balls slightly overthrown or dropped. BA's runners could never seem too find a seam and the few times they tried to get outside there were 2 or more McCallie Defenders. McCallie got sloppy in their tackling late in the third quarter allowing BA to have their only real drive of the game. BA's OLine just could not get it done against a smaller but scrappy McCallie front.

What kind of game did the QB Coleman(i think) have?

825349213[/snapback]

I didn't pay attention to the QBs name for McCallie, I did notice that the few times he threw mostly on third and seven type situations he threw it well. McCallie seemed to do a great job of running their offense, early on a lot of no huddle, lineman down and set, and just the skill players looking back at the coach for the signal. I guess pass blocking is pass blocking! Very discipled, very crisp everyone seemed to know and do their job. Long sustained drives

I didn't pay attention to the QBs name for McCallie, I did notice that the few times he threw mostly on third and seven type situations he threw it well. McCallie seemed to do a great job of running their offense, early on a lot of no huddle, lineman down and set, and just the skill players looking back at the coach for the signal. I guess pass blocking is pass blocking! Very discipled, very crisp everyone seemed to know and do their job. Long sustained drives

825349249[/snapback]

Thanks for the analysis and thanks again for the updates. It sounds like McCallie is for real.

How was the atmosphere? Since I can't go to a BA game this year, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. You mentioned the announcing in one of your emails...rough?

Wes ...your announcer...for the love of Pete...please do something about the volume first and then the melodramatic antics!

825349262[/snapback]

If I'm thinking of the right guy, it's his first year doing football at BA. It's frustrating to hear that the announcing is sub-par when I tried to get into the booth while I was a student there and had little success.

Good sized group of McCallie Parents( I had forgotten how many guys where white button downs, khakis, sebago dockers ,and McCallie Lacrosse Hats) .. a few diehard McCallie students ... 4... I think... About half the stands...from press box north, full, from pressbox south about a third. Not alot of exciting plays to cheer about...home team awfully quiet!

Edited by BigDogDaddy