Who Will Win

DoubleJJ199

Having seen both teams play in person, I think that Bolton wins this one. They have too much offensive firepower for Houston to keep up. I think that both teams have very good defensive teams. But Houston is a little more ordinary when it comes to offense. I think that it will be a relatively close game with Bolton pulling away at the end.

Bolton 31 Houston 21.

I think if Zach Miller runs for his life then this game will def. be close...i personally think its probably gonna be my game of the month in west tenn., i mean its Houston's homecoming...things are gonna be crazy...im sayin barnburner in g'town.............

825353557[/snapback]

Houston's best shot, IMO, is to use a lot of 3-receiver sets and let Miller run behind the big fullback.

That said, their line has to keep the Craft twins from making plays in the backfield or it won't matter.

It should be a good game, both teams are awfully good running the football. Houston looked better throwing, but that may have just been because Bolton didn't need to.

Houston's best shot, IMO, is to use a lot of 3-receiver sets and let Miller run behind the big fullback.

That said, their line has to keep the Craft twins from making plays in the backfield or it won't matter.

It should be a good game, both teams are awfully good running the football.  Houston looked better throwing, but that may have just been because Bolton didn't need to.

825353611[/snapback]

Yeah Bolton doesn't have the QB/Receivers they had when they threw for all their points in the upset two years ago... haha.. I like to talk about myself.. but the Bolton team this year is much more powerful than we were

I have yet to see Bolton play at all ... ever in life ... period. I only see Houston play when they play Whitehaven, and that game hasn't been played yet. That being said, lets look at what they have done so far.

Bolton Wildcats

Arlington, TN

2004 Schedule:

Fri Aug. 27 Kirby W 69-38

Fri Sep. 3 at Millington R W 20-7

Fri Sep. 10 Brighton W 26-0

Fri Sep. 17 Bartlett R W 35-0

Houston Mustangs

Germantown, TN

2004 Schedule:

Fri Aug. 20 Memphis Overton W 39-6

Fri Aug. 27 Cordova W 17-0

Fri Sep. 3 White Station R L 21-28

Fri Sep. 10 at Bartlett W 35-9

Bolton's stiffest competition has been Millington, a region 7-5A foe. They beat them by 13 @ Millington. They allowed a Kirby team, who Whithaven held to 6 points last week, put 38 points on them. Granted, they scored 69 on Kirby. Kirby throws the ball well and Bolton couldn't defend it probably. Houston on the other hand lost to it's stiffest competition when Whitestation came to their house and put 28 on the board. Whitestation has a balanced attack with a highpowered offense and a marginal ... at best defense.

Hmmmmm ... Bolton and Houston are ground hog teams ... they make their living by running the ball. Bolton has a very good run defense statistically. The game is being played at Houston ... but Whitestaion has already come in there and beat them at home.

When I picked in the Big One's earlier this week ... I chose Houston ... but now that I've semi-analyzed this game ... I'm going to now go with Bolton to win this one in a close, low scoring game ... something like 17-14, maybe 21-14.

Just my $0.02 worth.

I have yet to see Bolton play at all ... ever in life ... period. I only see Houston play when they play Whitehaven, and that game hasn't been played yet.  That being said, lets look at what they have done so far.

Bolton Wildcats

Arlington, TN

2004 Schedule:     

Fri Aug. 27 Kirby  W 69-38   

Fri Sep. 3 at Millington R  W 20-7   

Fri Sep. 10 Brighton  W 26-0   

Fri Sep. 17 Bartlett R  W 35-0   

Houston Mustangs

Germantown, TN

2004 Schedule:     

Fri Aug. 20 Memphis Overton  W 39-6   

Fri Aug. 27 Cordova  W 17-0   

Fri Sep. 3 White Station R  L 21-28   

Fri Sep. 10 at Bartlett  W 35-9   

Bolton's stiffest competition has been Millington, a region 7-5A foe. They beat them by 13 @ Millington. They allowed a Kirby team, who Whithaven held to 6 points last week, put 38 points on them. Granted, they scored 69 on Kirby. Kirby throws the ball well and Bolton couldn't defend it probably. Houston on the other hand lost to it's stiffest competition when Whitestation came to their house and put 28 on the board. Whitestation has a balanced attack with a highpowered offense and a marginal ... at best defense.

Hmmmmm ... Bolton and Houston are ground hog teams ... they make their living by running the ball. Bolton has a very good run defense statistically. The game is being played at Houston ... but Whitestaion has already come in there and beat them at home.

When I picked in the Big One's earlier this week ... I chose Houston ... but now that I've semi-analyzed this game ... I'm going to now go with Bolton to win this one in a close, low scoring game ... something like 17-14, maybe 21-14.

Just my $0.02 worth.

825353965[/snapback]

FYI

During the Kirby game Bolton had a shut-out at halftime, and Kirby only scored when Bolton put in it's 2nd and 3rd string defense