William Blount Football Program

JRC

Andy is dandy! He is having the time of his life.

Exhibition game of interest: Carson-Newman vs University of Tennessee

Thompson-Boling Arena

Saturday, November 13, 7:30 pm

UT football has an open date.

825352770[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. Glad he's is doing well. I'll definitely catch the CN-UT game. Gotta watch the TWC Bulldogs this year too! They are going to kick us off the board taking bball :lol:

Regarding the Brice situation, I've seen that the WB fans may be responding by calling and emailing the Daily Times. Brice isn't going to retract anything--it's a column. But I think calling or emails won't get your ideas across to the largest population. Do letters to the editor instead. They'll publish them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that GovMan's response was a good one. However, I didn't like the one from Mr. Borden, Active Parent/Volunteer. First, it didn't make any sense whatsoever and second, he went after the city schools, especially Maryville, for no apparent reason. He stated he wanted to be positive and supportive but in some ways his letter (if it can be understood at all) was negative and divisive, at least in regard to the city schools. Maybe someone who knows how to do it can provide the link to the letters.

I read Mr Bordens letter. He seems to be more mad at Maryville than he does Mr Brice. I hear all this recruiting crap and tuition crap all the time.It gets old. Maryville is up right now and everyone is going to slam them. There are a lot of jealous people out there.

Nobody bitched about tuition students when Maryville had all those 5-5 seasons from the mid 80s to 1997. Maryville was getting tuition students back then. Where was the outrage?

Coaching is the main reason that Maryville is winning so much. William Blount and Heritage need stability in their programs. WB having 4 coaches in 6 years won't cut it. Heritage made the biggest mistake ever in letting Danny Wilson get away. WB would be making a huge mistake in letting Meadows get away.

Govman had a real good response. Mr Borden is a crybaby.

Another thing. Half of Alcoa's student body are tuition students. I heard Mr Robinette say that himself. Heritage and William Blount have players that live in Alcoa and Maryville. A students parents that live in Maryville don't have to pay a dime to send their kids to a county school. A family in the County has to come up with $1800 to send 1 kid to a Maryville City School.A lot of families can't afford that kind of money.

Whoooooaaaa!! Ron said a dirty word!!! Ohhh heck!!! :lol:

I have never read so many run on sentences in my life. Borden's use of the English language is interesting. What the heck was that all about?!! I'm still not sure what the heck he was trying to say with half of it. I am pretty sure he doesn't like the writer or Maryville city Schools though.

He is obviously a very passionate fan of his program and that's to be commended. :) Good to see all those Billy B fans taking up for their kids. Bravo!

Whooowee!! :huh::blink:

Edited by dmoyers1

I read Mr Bordens letter. He seems to be more mad at Maryville than he does Mr Brice.

Mr Borden is a crybaby.

Would the Maryville fans be interested in a Kleenex drive for this disgruntled individual? You know sort of like a canned food drive, but Kleenex instead.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS