Mckenzie vs. Trenton

htownfan

I hear ya' BOHICA,

Back in the dark ages when I played, we ALL played both ways. It's tough but not impossible. It takes dedication and desire! Now there are a couple of words that mean a lot in athletics! That starts with the coaches and trickles down to the least of the freshmen on the team! 'Nuff said!

psychorebel,

Is mom calmed down any yet? What I'm watching on the field is rediculous!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya' BOHICA,

Back in the dark ages when I played, we ALL played both ways. It's tough but not impossible. It takes dedication and desire! Now there are a couple of words that mean a lot in athletics! That starts with the coaches and trickles down to the least of the freshmen on the team! 'Nuff said!

psychorebel,

Is mom calmed down any yet? What I'm watching on the field is rediculous!

825355174[/snapback]

Mom is fine, for now. And To be honest with you, I have been more upset than she has. She has held her tongue for the most part. I have done 99% of the yelling for our family. Now as for the overall yelling and anger, the rest of the fans had said more than me, until last week at Adamsville. After what he did to Cody last week, I couldn't take it anymore. But I never said anything tell the end of the game then. And by the way. Did you know that Cody put himself in at Adamsville? From what I understand, Coach Comer wasn't even going to put him in. I know this for a fact. Well I know for a fact Cody had to put himself in. Got that straight from the Coaches. And regardless of what anyone says, if Coach Comer wanted Cody to play, he would play him and Cody wouldn't have to put himself in just so he could get some offensive reps. Believe me, Cody wants to carry the ball, and he has every right to want to carry it. Hopefully things will change for the better. Guess will find out next Friday. GO REBELS!!!

We will see. Looked like Cody put himself in some tonight too. I don't believe in a "one man show" and a one man show will never be sucessful but, I do believe in putting your best foot foreward so to speak

That would solve one of the Rebel's problems but, don't know what to say about the other problems I'm seeing. Don't want to seem to be dissing the other RB's but, we need to get real on offense. Those other RB's will get their chance in the future. Now we are down to crunch time.

Can't believe we are as slow as we are this year. The down line on both sides of the ball really need to wake up!

yeah...ok Bobby im glad you were just such an AWESOME player and everything when you played back in "The Dark Ages", but i mean heck if you know so much, why don't you just c'mon down to the 50 and put you some headgear on and be the coach then? And as far as this Cody mess, he missed a whole week of practice because his leg got "frogged". I mean c'mon the faking ends somewhere.

Yeah I think some of you might need to attend and observe practice during the week before you critique coaching decisions. And this team is not that loaded with talent--we have 4 or 5 players that could play for anybody (far and away the best QB in West TN--anybody that doesn't think so is bias), but after that the speed, strength, experience, football sense at this point is average. If you know McKenzie football history it's amazing the prolonged success we've had--that's largely attributable to us having very good coaches who've stuck with the program. That we are two plays from being 5-0 says a lot about the continued good coaching we've had. We may go 5-5 or 6-4, but we could easily win a couple in the play-offs due to the region we're matched with and next year with our drop to 1-A (excellent timing) we should continue are string of unparalled success in the program's history. So enjoy the exciting football we're seeing, trust the coach's to get em peaking by play-off time, and their decisions on playing time

based on things we don't know unless we're at practice.

yeah...ok Bobby im glad you were just such an AWESOME player and everything when you played back in "The Dark Ages", but i mean heck if you know so much, why don't you just c'mon down to the 50 and put you some headgear on and be the coach then? And as far as this Cody mess, he missed a whole week of practice because his leg got "frogged". I mean c'mon the faking ends somewhere.

825355251[/snapback]

I don't know who you are, and frankly I don't care, but how dare you say that Cody is faking an injury!! Cody has no reason to fake an injury!! Why would the best player on the team fake an injury? According to Coach D, Cody practiced. But I guess Coach D was lying to me about that. And "oc" I don't care what is going on at practice, but Bryson has no buisness EVER starting before Cody! Coach Comer needs to swallow his pride, or whatever the problem is, and put the REAL RUNNING BACK in the game! Bryson isn't as strong, isn't as fast and just isn't anywhere near as good as Cody is!!!! Like I said "rebelman4life", I don't know who you are, but I bet you know who I am, so why don't you come talk to me man to man about this "Cody mess". No I'm not threatning you, I just think we need to get some things straight, just in case you can't hear all the fans in the stands begging to see Cody run the ball. You know they're at every game calling for him. Don't try to deny the fact that we all want to see Cody run the ball. I've kept my mouth shut too long about this situation, but it won't be shut anymore!!!

Edited by psychorebel

#1. My name isn't Bobby.

#2. I do know McKenzie football history ( at least back to the 1940's ).

#3. I don't necessarily disagree with anything said.

#4. Done my time coaching (but, I still have my old MHS helmet).

#5. I know that McKenzie is stretching it to be a good team this season.

#6. I know kids sometimes don't tell it all when it comes to practicing.

McKenzie's Rebels aren't in shape and aren't ready to play mentally.

Nothing I've said should be taken personally, it's more of a challenge to step up and get the job done for the Rebels. I don't have a dislike for a single player or coach on the team. I am a Rebel to the end. Someting isn't right and everyone knows it. It needs fixing.

oc,

I definitely agree with you on the timing of McKenzie's dropping to 1A! If we pick back up in performance we can be a real force in 1A. It looks like our biggest stumbling blocks in this end of the state are West Carroll and Bruceton next year.

But, there's still Boyd-Buchanan! Force to deal with!

825356183[/snapback]

I don't know if any of you from McKenzie attended the scrimmage against JCS, but if not you had better include JCS in that mix as well. I know it was only a scrimmage but it was very one-sided. At the least from that experience, it should show that at least they would be a formidable opponent.

I have not posted on here in a while but I think the time is appropriate.

Two things must happen for McKenzie to hopefully get a playoff spot.

1st: Its not the defense is not in position to make plays, THEY CANT TACKLE. If you go back and look at film, the majority of our tackles come from 3 people: Cook, Lacey and Anderson. Tell me if my math is wrong, but where are the other 8 people on defense. You have to swarm to the football.

The big FB from Trenton was tackled once by I know we counted 5 red jerseys on him and he busted loose and scored.

At my old high school, we use to do a drill that the players called BTB (BACK TO BASICS). Basics of tackling, we have to get back to wrapping up at the point of impact and gang tackling.

2nd: Cook has to be in the game. You can watch him play and tell he is not hurting. I have said it before and will say it again, w/ Cook in the game we are so much more dangerous b/c the defense has no choice to respect him and that will open up the pass and vice versa. Also, too many times the other night I saw offensive players standing around and not picking someone up. Heck, Cody ran into one of his own players which stopped his momentum and gave the defense time to get to him. If the lineman was blocking, he would have scored on a long run. Instead, he hits the meat wall and has to stop to change directions and gets tackled.

But as someone said, defense wins championships.

Black&Blue,

If all goes as set up by TSSAA next season, JCS will move up to 2A along with USJ so they won't figure into 1A when we move down. You are right though, both JCS and USJ would be very tough competition for us otherwise.

volsandtitans1,

Good to see you back on here. The points that you made in your post are very appropriate and, near 100% of our problems. Without the problems you mentioned, McKenzie would probably be 5-0 right now. They have to be fixed quick or the rest of this season could get ugly for the Rebels. Like you said, we have to get back to basics---blocking and tackling!