Rockwood VS. Alcoa

cowboyboom

Ok I've heard enough!!!! I know you all are Rockwood fans and I understand that you want them to win, but let's be honest here. I know Rockwood is 5-0, but what makes you people think that they can play with Alcoa??? I don't know their schedule, but what quality teams have they beat this year?? Please don't say SW because we all know what happened to them a few weeks ago!! Anyway, Good luck!! thumb

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before, I don't think Rockwood will beat Alcoa. This is based strictly on Alcoa's strength of schedule and common opponents. However, I do look for Rockwood to bring their best game to town looking for a 'W'.

A question for you Rockwood fans? Can you give me some background on your players? No secrets just who to look out for, who has exceled to this point in the season. General information such as leading tackler, leading rusher, etc., just so I will know who to look for. If there is a paper where I can read the previous game summaries that would work well. I don't mind doing a little digging on my own.

Good luck to both teams in a showdown for the region crown!

QB Corey Payne is completing between 55-60 percent of his passes for around 400 yards. He hasn't thrown a pick all season.

No. 2 Ellery Harvest and No. 23 TreShawn Pendergrass are their leading rushers. Both between 350-400 yards. No. 22 Billy Moffitt doesn't get as many carries but he is a big play type player.

Rockwood is a very balanced team. They have about five runnung backs that will see action in the backfield and they also have about four receivers of equal abilty.

They may have beat Alcoa in 2002, but I will admit that was a down year. But I don't think Rockwood has ever been past the first few rounds. I mean how many gold balls are in Rockwood???..... Thank you!! They will lose this game by at least 21!! thumb

825356624[/snapback]

Rockwood has 1 gold ball...but If i'm not mistaken, it was a Rockwood boy that led Alcoa to their Championship in 2000. And Alcoa hasn't been the feared team like it was in the past since he left. Until this year, they are expected to take everything. They are being told they will have another gold ball in their case at the end of the year. You can't tell me Rockwood hasn't been good since 1997 if you havn't but watched one of their games a year.