Bearden Football Fans

bdog3741

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that everyone is allowed to there opionion, so I am in no way trying to persuade someone against or for a coach. Being a alumni of Bearden, I personally believe that Coach Maynard is one heck of a coach. Give the man some time. It will turn around. He is a defensive genius and give the Dogs some time. If you look over the years of Bearden football there are some down years and then there are some up years. Just get off the guys back. He will get it done just give him some time. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken poop. The kids are getting better and better and Webb beat Powell who was supposed to dominate this year. I just ask that if you have an opionion keep it to yourself. All this does is get the players doubting there coaches and if they dont believe in the system then it CANNOT and WILL NOT be successful. Lets be positive and continue to support the dogs they way they deserve.

I guess you guys are right. Since there is no talent at Bearden we should be happy with 1-9 & 2-8 and if were lucky 3-7 again, atleast for the next 4 or 5 years untill maybe we have some tallent.

However myself and many others believe that we have enough talent to atleast be 500. After all, the JV team has been undefeated the last 2 years. What is the difference? Its the mostly the same kids playing varsity that was playing JV the last 2 years. We have a freshman team who won knox county rec. champship last year and undefeated this year. If 4 years from now we are still only winning 1-3 games a year will we still just have to wait till we get 11 D1 prospects on our team before we can win?

How long do you give the guy to build a program? Do you let the program go down hill so far that at a 5A highschool you only have 30 or 40 players? We only have 11 seniors this year. If 3 years from now we are only a 1 or 2 win team how many kids with talent will want to come out and play?

After all, the JV team has been undefeated the last 2 years.  What is the difference? Its the mostly the same kids playing varsity that was playing JV the last 2 years.  We have a freshman team who won knox county rec. champship last year and undefeated this year.

825355819[/snapback]

There is a vast difference between freshman and JV football and varsity football. Freshman football is all about learning to play high school football the wins and losses don`t matter much. JV wins and losses don`t matter at all IMO. The best sophmores and juniors play varsity, so the coaches are just looking for which kids stand out from those who are left. Everything comes together for varsity, teams have a full week to prepare, film study, and have the best athletes available. Maybe if all the kids play together from freshman to varsity you would have an arguement, but having good records wit freshman and JV teams doesn`t mean you will have a good varsity. Alot can happen between freshman year and senior year, players move, get hurt, and some quit.

There is a vast difference between freshman and JV football and varsity football. Freshman football is all about learning to play high school football the wins and losses don`t matter much. JV wins and losses don`t matter at all IMO. The best sophmores and juniors play varsity, so the coaches are just looking for which kids stand out from those who are left.

I agree with you to a point. However at somepoint those JV players will be the varsity players. This year those Jv players the last 2 years are mainly the varsity players. The point i was attempting to make is that there is some talent here. But now that you mention it, there are several starters from the varsity team this year that also start on jv along with some seniors. Maybe you do have a point there.

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

I thought about this some, and I always here everyone say " there's a lack of talent" After considering this I get to thinking about teams that have been cellar dwellers for years and all of a sudden a new coach comes in and the team turns around. Prime example of this is Knox West H.S. A new head coach i believe 2 years ago, was one of the worse teams in knoxville for many many years and now this year they are 4-1. Are we to believe that an influx of tallent moved in this year and thats why they are winning now or does it have something to do with the coaching?

The present staff at Bearden is working on their 3rd season now. The records have gone 4-6, 3-7, and 1-4 so far this year. With the way this season is going there Might be 1 maybe 2 more games we can win this year. (unless the kids have a great change over night) At what point does someone say. " this program is not going in the right direction"

As a dedicated player in the program right now, i want to say we don't need this right now. My opinion might agree with yours, but please do not take this openly into the public. We need to band together and try to salvage this season. Maybe we can't, and maybe there will be a change. I there are reasons for change, lets worry about it later. Time to have some pride.

Edited by BHSfootball

This is exactly what they used to say about Greenbrier... Its not always just the coaches... could it be lack of heart and desire?

Are these kids that want to play or are they kids who want to wear the jersey?

It used to be that we were always the favored team to lose. It doesn't happen over night... It starts is December and goes all the way into the next December and sometimes it may need to repeat over and over untill, one day it clicks. It tooks us almost 7 years to become completely legit. Sure we had our ups and downs, but the community and school never gave up on the coaching staff or the players.

I know a few people who go to Bearden... and you guys have insane school spirit... way more than we do, especially when it comes to homecoming. Be proud, even if you don't win... thats the beauty of high schol sports.

APSU made some good points... some very good points... just give it time even if it takes 10 years...

Every "DOG" has there day... maybe yours will come sooner than expected.

As a dedicated player in the program right now, i want to say we don't need this right now.  My opinion might agree with yours, but please do not take this openly into the public.  We need to band together and try to salvage this season.  Maybe we can't, and maybe there will be a change.  I there are reasons for change, lets worry about it later.  Time to have some pride.

825355989[/snapback]

BHS you take all these negative quotes and store them up and on friday nite u turn all this frustration and negativity loose on your opponents and things will get better, good luck, hang tuff thumb

Prime example of this is Knox West H.S.  A new head coach i believe 2 years ago, was one of the worse teams in knoxville for many many years and now this year they are 4-1.

825355982[/snapback]

Just hold up here. West wasn't the worst team in Knoxville. Don't hate on them Rebels like that. I mean, Bearden used to beat West all the time but that didn't make them the worst team in Knoxville. Prime example 1993, made it to the Semi Finals only to lose to Marion County. I know there's more highlights that stick out about West Football but take my word, they weren't the worst team in Knoxville. Don't talk about West if you don't know the true facts!