Can Mckenzie still get third in region 6 2a

Mac Town Rebels classof 07

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure... Their defense has really been dominated this year. It's been exposed by Camden, then Trenton. Riverside has finally won, and I think they will go on a roll for a while.

Riverside's offense will be able to move the ball, but stopping McKenzie will be their test. They showed decent defense against Camden by shutting them down to 17 points. This game will decide!

But Huntingdon may be in their sights. If Camden beats Huntingdon, it will say a lot about Week 10.

Edited by rcombs

First, I agree that McKenzie has to play one game at a time and let things fall where they may.

Yes, McKenzie can still get 3d place in the region! They will have to beat Riverside and Chester Co. to do that. Riverside is next Friday night at McKenzie and that is all we need to focus on right now. It's a must win game for the Rebels so to speak.

Actually, it's still mathmatically possible for McKenzie to get 2nd in the region if certain things were to happen but, I certainly don't expect to see them happen. Camden would have to beat Huntingdon and the Rebels would have to win all their remaining region games for that to happen. That includes beating Huntingdon!

How can you say that losing bijon did not hurt.  It was huge.  He was one of three returning starters on a defense suffering from lack of experiencs and depth.  Is it me or does the whole team go both ways.  I think that is the problem.

825357576[/snapback]

I've heard from various sources that some weren't too unhappy to see him go. That is third-party hearsay, so take it for what you will. There are other things to consider in addition to on-field performance, and from my understanding that's where some problems existed.

Once again, I am presenting this as hear-say, not as gospel truth. I am passing along what I was told.

Offensively, though, I think Cobb is already a better RB than Jones. Bijon will be most missed in the secondary, but I don't think he's unreplaceable. Losing him was not a huge loss in my opinion.

To answer another question, a lot of the guys do go both ways - Armstrong, McKinnie, Wallace, Hester, Clayton, Cooper, Bullock, Clark, Hysmith, Cobb... there's still a serious lack of depth.

• 4 weeks later...
I really think McKenzie will get 3rd in the region and go to Middle TN in the first round and represent 6AA just fine. Don't write off your Rebs because they've lost a couple of close ones, with the most important part of the season coming up.

825356453[/snapback]

i dont think mck will get 3rd. bc riverside would have to lost to adamville too.