Campbell County

CCLineman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Campbell Co. is starting to gain respect. People are starting to take them more serious. And if they made even a slight playoff run then they will be respected. Also, if CC won the game against Clinton then they would be 4-1 i believe, and would be getting alot more credit than they are. Not saying that CC didnt have an off night against Clinton but thats the only game i seen and not trying to take anything away from their good 3-2 start.

You Campbell Co. boys need to remember that when teams get used to beating someone year in and year out and then that team becomes good enough to beat them respect doesn't fit at the top of the list. Usually the first reaction is arrogant despite that ol' so-and-so thinks they are good enough to beat us. If you do beat them a lot of them won't look you in the face at the 50 yd. line hand shake. Heaven forbid but some will resort to unsportsmanlike attitudes when the unthinkable loss happens to them. UNDERSTAND PLEASE, I'm not trying to preach gloom and doom but lots of high class programs have a little disrespect for good ol' country boy programs and RESPECT is sometimes hard to earn and teams trying to gain respect need to bare that in mind as a motivation to beat those teams. BOTTOM LINE: while you are getting better, don't do anything foolish or unsportsmanlike on the field before, during, or after the game that will take away from your attempt to gain RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect is earned over a period of time, not just one season, or one game. I think CC is getting better as a whole, but they still have a ways to go.

825356104[/snapback]

your dead on on this one. half of one season doesnt build respect.. but do it 2 or 3 years in a row and you will then start to get some.

Keep improving CC and good luck. Id like to see you win out the rest of the way. Except for in a couple of weeks of course.

Go Bulldogs

I don't mean any disrespect to the cougars but y'all have been beaten up by so many for so long that when y'all beat teams you're not supposed to beat they say it's a fluke not good game or hey y'all got a good team. r-e-s-p-e-c-t will come this years cougars are planting the seed for the future good luck keep pouring on the steam. I hope u guys make the playoffs. remember one day at a time one game at a time. thumb

Respect is something earned over a period of time, so you aren't quite there yet. But are teams likely to not consider you a push over now? Yes.

I am a huge CC fan, but do not get cocky yet. You are 3-2 with wins over MoEast, Scott, and South doyle. Not exactly top notch programs this year. You lost big to Jeff Co which is the only really good team you have played this year and you lost to clinto who is not that good. You should be 4-1 but are 3-2. The real test for the cougars is what they do with the rest of their schedule. If you can beat sevier co, karns, bearden, Sci Hill then you will have done well. I think those are defenitely winnable games. DB and Oak Ridge are another matter. But a winning season is possible.

Respect is something earned over a period of time, so you aren't quite there yet.  But are teams likely to not consider you a push over now? Yes.

I am a huge CC fan, but do not get cocky yet.  You are 3-2 with wins over MoEast, Scott, and South doyle.  Not exactly top notch programs this year.  You lost big to Jeff Co which is the only really good team you have played this year and you lost to clinto who is not that good.  You should be 4-1 but are 3-2.  The real test for the cougars is what they do with the rest of their schedule.  If you can beat sevier co, karns, bearden, Sci Hill then you will have done well.  I think those are defenitely winnable games.  DB and Oak Ridge are another matter.  But a winning season is possible.

825356179[/snapback]

Im not getting cocky, I'm just asking some views on this topic. Yes the teams weve beat havent beentop notch teams, but from what I remember, were not either. Thats the thing. CC could lose every game and people would just overlook us, but when we start winning some, people hardly give usany respect. Of course i guess thats just how it is in campbell county. Really, I dont care. We play for us, not for anyone else. We have respect for ourselves, I guess thats all that matters. yes we should be 4-1, we lost to clinton, in which they arent very good. Once again I say, the teams weve beat arent very good either, but A win is a win. Its a W in the left column. No matter who it's against.

Im not getting cocky, I'm just asking some views on this topic. Yes the teams weve beat havent beentop notch teams, but from what I remember, were not either.  Thats the thing.  CC could lose every game and people would just overlook us, but when we start winning some, people hardly give usany respect.  Of course i guess thats just how it is in campbell county.  Really, I dont care.  We play for us, not for anyone else. We have respect for ourselves,  I guess thats all that matters.  yes we should be 4-1, we lost to clinton, in which they arent very good. Once again I say, the teams weve beat arent very good either, but A win is a win.  Its a W in the left column.  No matter who it's against.

825356330[/snapback]

CCLineman, I'm not sure who you are, but you said it all when you said "We have respect for ourselves." That is the first step in working to gain respect. You must believe in yourselves and have respect for one another as a TEAM. I have been fortunate to be on your sidelines in every game except one. I like what I see and hear from the Cougars. There is good leadership on this team and an even better attitude.

At the start of the season, all everyone was talking about was whether or not Chris Johnson could stay healthy. Chris is a very valuable asset to you guys, but it is being proven that it is a TEAM effort that puts games into the W column. THe way the O-Line rallied for Chris to make sure he set the school record for rushing was something very special and somewhat unexpected when you think about conflicting egos. This team is showing strong chemistry, maturity and grittiness that may stay with you for a lifetime. Stay focused, stay united and take care of yourselves one game at a time.

This is a special team for Campbell Co. and you guys have the chance to post the first ever .500 or winning season in the school's 30 year history. Keep doing the special things you are doing and giving the extra effort. Respect will come with time. You have already conquered an important milestone. You have respect for one another and the respect of the community. See you at Sevier Co.! thumb

cclineman,

You want respect, but you aren't willing to give it to everyone else. You say you lost to Clinton and they "really aren't very good". Maybe Clinton is improving a little as well; you must remember that Campbell Co. has beaten Clinton twice in the history of the school. I know I have respect for your improvement, but you must be willing to give respect to ALL others before complaining about the lack of it.

cclineman,

You want respect, but you aren't willing to give it to everyone else.  You say you lost to Clinton and they "really aren't very good".  Maybe Clinton is improving a little as well; you must remember that Campbell Co. has beaten Clinton twice in the history of the school.  I know I have respect for your improvement, but you must be willing to give respect to ALL others before complaining about the lack of it.

825356924[/snapback]

Yes, I understand what your saying. The thing is, I say we shouldve beat Clinton becasue they had lost 17 straight. We turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. Yes, maybe they are improving. We also handed them the game on a silver platter. Thats fine though...like I said...we respect each other... thats al that matters