Carl Stewart

gimme3

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that Carl Stewart who attended Maryville, had a TD yesterday in there game. How is he doing down there?

825356442[/snapback]

Carl is running 4th team but a lot of backs would be behind Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. Tre Smith is running third team. The coaches have been pretty positive about Carl's work ethic and ability. Kenny Irons transferred from South Carolina last year and has to sit out this year. Tre, Carl and Kenny should see significant playing time next year.

TigerTenn

Carl had 91 yds on 10 carries. Glad to see him do well.

825356467[/snapback]

As a matter of fact, he only missed being Auburn's leading rusher by 6 yards Saturday!! Yes, he is definetely good enough for UT and any other SEC school. We really missed the boat on him. Everyone in Maryville knew what a miss he was for UT. I wish we had him.

Carl will shine next year and we have to play them DOWN THERE....yuck.

Not to say he can't, but please let's wait until Carl does it against SEC level talent before saying how badly UT missed on this one. He had 90 yards against the Citadel (a Div 1AA school), that only proves he could be a star at the 1AA level. When Carl does it against the likes of GA, Fla, or TN- then come back on here and say I told you so. With that said, I hope he does well and proves it against SEC level competition. Nothing but good wishes to him except this week.

And UT didn't think Stewart could play RB for them?  If he's good enough for Auburn, then he's dang sure good enough for UT.

825357144[/snapback]

You do realize that UT had 2 running backs with over 100 yds on saturday right?

and that UT is so stacked at the RB spot that Jabari Davis is 4th team, i dont wanna hear about how carl could play for UT, i think UTs running back situation is just fine

You do realize that UT had 2 running backs with over 100 yds on saturday right?

and that UT is so stacked at the RB spot that Jabari Davis is 4th team, i dont wanna hear about how carl could play for UT, i think UTs running back situation is just fine

825357422[/snapback]

UT may be "stacked" at running back but one is a Senior and one a Junior. It is about time they did something. Jabari davis, Cedric Houston and Riggs have all been disappointments up until now IMO. Davis was heralded as another Jamal Lewis coming out of high school and that has obviously not been the case. And not all of the running problems Tennessee had in 2002 and 2003 can be hung entirely on the offensive line. Backs have often run to the wrong hole and not hit the hole fast enough. I think Carl will do fine at Auburn. He works hard and is as strong as most guys who are 20 pounds heavier. He is also an excellent blocker and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Time will tell I guess. Trouper Taylor has greatly improved our running game this year.

Yeah, he's a good ball player, but with Riggs Larkins Houston and Davis, there is really no reason we need him. David Yancey will take over along with Riggs next year for UT, and hopefully we'll get some more recruits this year with Coker, who lacks Stewart's power game but more than makes up for it with his incredible speed. I believe Houston and Larkins have lived up to the hype, but Riggs and Davis were supposed to have All-American ability coming out of high school. UT will never lack for a solid running back though, I guarantee that.

Edited by californiastars