Jefferson County vs. Karns

HEATHHELTON

Where are the Karns fans? No predictions?  No pie-in-the-sky upset forcasts?

This board has been so slow there's ice on my keyboard.

I almost miss JCHS controversies over Coach U or former players--this has been a slowwwww week compared to past weeks against Mo' West, DB, and both CCs (Cocke and Campbell).  Hey, there was even more action before we played Rhea County!  Somebody, anybody, please help me--some controversy please, a little trash talk, the latest news, a scouting report--something--I need something to think about and write dribble about. Help!

825358129[/snapback]

See what happens when I don`t trash talk?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT ARE YALL TALKIN ABOUT. Karns wont even keep it close. Yeah there not bad at all but JC is really good and I think these next five games there goin to show it. I really dont think none of the five teams left can score on JeffCO if we play the D. For our O I believe we are getting better everyweek. Im finally gald ben is getting hang of the O. JC 35

Karns 3

WHAT ARE YALL TALKIN ABOUT. Karns wont even keep it close. Yeah there not bad at all but JC is really good and I think these next five games there goin to show it. I really dont think none of the five teams left can score on JeffCO if we play the D. For our O I believe we are getting better everyweek. Im finally gald ben is getting hang of the O. JC 35

Karns 3

I think that Karns at home is very dangerous. Most people know they have some good talent, so we don`t need to take this game for granted. I can`t see them shutting down Chris and the running game, and I can`t see them being able to run on our front 7. If we don`t show up ready to play, it won`t matter how much talent we have, we`ll get beat. We didn`t play that well of a game on offense after the 1st quarter only scoring 1 TD. We can`t let up and play poorly once the game is in hand, which is why I think coach U left the starters in so long. We turned the ball over several times friday night, we even became laxed on defense at one point, it just didn`t hurt us because the opponet was so bad.

I think that Karns at home is very dangerous. Most people know they have some good talent, so we don`t need to take this game for granted. I can`t see them shutting down Chris and the running game, and I can`t see them being able to run on our front 7. If we don`t show up ready to play, it won`t matter how much talent we have, we`ll get beat. We didn`t play that well of a game on offense after the 1st quarter only scoring 1 TD. We can`t let up and play poorly once the game is in hand, which is why I think coach U left the starters in so long. We turned the ball over several times friday night, we even became laxed on defense at one point, it just didn`t hurt us because the opponet was so bad.

825358303[/snapback]

We shouldn't go into any game unprepared. Our defense and Shivy have had outstanding games all year, I hope we don't overlook anyone because we think we are GREAT. Coach U should concentrate on execution on offense and Smoot should work on schemes, be very business like in approach. We can't stumble the rest of the year. We certainly don't want to drop a loss because we loose focus, creating a difficult first game in the playoff.

JCHS Goals

Rushing yards 225

Passing yards 100

Karns Rushing 50

Karns Passing 50

Penalty Yards under 50

3rd down conversions 50%

Passing comp/attempts 10/15

Work 2nd string in with starters throughout the game. These guys need playing time. Coach U looks a little like Meadows in that we don't look to the future.

This game poses many threats to the Patriots. Number 1, Karns is a very physical football team that does have a lot of size. Number 2, the Elder kid has enough speed to hurt us on the corner. Number 3, they will load up the box against the O because we cannot throw the ball very well either. One good thing about this game is thatyou can watch all of this one and be at another game by halftime. It will be over quick with each team running the ball 90% of the time. The over/under on time length is 1 hour 15 min. :ph34r:

I think this will be another great opportunity for the Jeff Co staff to give some young kids a chance at live action towards the end of the game. Additionally, I love seeing Shiverdecker pile up big numbers, but when the game is basically over, lets get he and the other starters out of there. Would hate to see someone sprain an ankle, etc. and be lost for a week or two when the game's already in the bag.

This game poses many threats to the Patriots. Number 1, Karns is a very physical football team that does have a lot of size. Number 2, the Elder kid has enough speed to hurt us on the corner. Number 3, they will load up the box against the O because we cannot throw the ball very well either. One good thing about this game is thatyou can watch all of this one and be at another game by halftime. It will be over quick with each team running the ball 90% of the time. The over/under on time length is 1 hour 15 min. :D

825358658[/snapback]

Great observations--speed can kill us if someone gets loose in the secondary--we need to contain the Elder kid or it may be a difficult night. I think we can be just as physical as they are and will outlast them based upon conditioning and the fact that we platoon extensively. As far as loading up the box, so what else is new? Hopefully, we'll continue to try to find ways to get the ball to #11 who seems to have the speed to be another dangerous weapon. Shivy will get his yards--we just need to make it a little more difficult for them to concentrate just on the run. Karns is not another Cocke County; they are probably the third best team in the region who is playing at home after some tough road losses. By the way, our wins have been at home and our losses have been on the road! I expect the game to be close into the third quarter with JC finally pulling away. I still believe it will be more than two touchdowns in the end.

Where are the Karns fans? No predictions?  No pie-in-the-sky upset forcasts?

This board has been so slow there's ice on my keyboard.

I almost miss JCHS controversies over Coach U or former players--this has been a slowwwww week compared to past weeks against Mo' West, DB, and both CCs (Cocke and Campbell).  Hey, there was even more action before we played Rhea County!  Somebody, anybody, please help me--some controversy please, a little trash talk, the latest news, a scouting report--something--I need something to think about and write dribble about. Help!

825358129[/snapback]

What is there to talk about, JC should win out with NO trouble, If Schevy does not get hurt or the big haed, he will roll to all-state statis. JC might have 1 team that will slide up on them if they have a bad night.

The rubber will meet the road in the playoffs, when JC plays someone that stops Schevy and JC has to throw the ball JC will lose and end the season. JC schedule just happens to be soft this year, and JC has a pretty good team. (top 10 in the state in 5-A)

What is there to talk about, JC should win out with NO trouble, If Schevy does not get hurt or the big haed, he will roll to all-state statis. JC might have 1 team that will slide up on them if they have a bad night.

The rubber will meet the road in the playoffs, when JC plays someone that stops Schevy and JC has to throw the ball JC will lose and end the season. JC schedule just happens to be soft this year, and JC has a pretty good team. (top 10 in the state in 5-A)

825359080[/snapback]

Although they aren't ranked now in the AP, I feel like they will be there when the cream rises.

825359080[/snapback]

There's always something to talk about--like, how can JC get better? I think JC will roll the table as well, Shivy will be all-state, etc. My question: Will learning how to pass as an offense affect the possibilties of Shivy making all-state? (Less rushing attempts?) I don't think so--in fact it should open up the defense against the run more and Shivy's yardage per attempt should rise. Hence, fewer attempts for the same amount of yardage, thus less wear and tear on our mainstay so that he's fresher for the play-offs while we work on our weakness. I think we should throw the ball no less than 10 times a game from here out regardless--we just need to make many of them "safe" passes with little chance of turnover (quick slants, wr screens, etc.). Once in a while, we need to go deep just to keep the dbs honest. By doing this we'll be a better team overall and go deeper in the play-offs. Just my thoughts--I'm not the coach--don't want to be--just an avid fan who desires the best team possible when we enter the play-offs.