Jefferson County vs. Karns

HEATHHELTON

you guys seem to keep forgetting that marty was hired in the spring, not exactly a lot of time to put what he wants offensively, at this point marty is doing better than i thought he would, but the man keeps on proving the critics, hes one of the best in this state! be glad you have him

825360437[/snapback]

Oh no doubt my friend, he has done a great job so far, 5 games in. Just look at the man he replaced Meadows is 0-5 at William Blount. Shocking numbers to me (and apparently every WB fan). All the naysayers didnt give this team a chance (myself included in that group), but it looks like the Pats should win out and get into the playoffs yet again.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud, you're right on it. My analysis precisely. Barnyard, how can you say that the WOs are below average when they haven't even been thrown to that much? I don't remember a receiver dropping a pass they should have caught (maybe a TE). In fact, as a pair, I think Acuff and Crouch would be better than average if called on. Crouch has great speed and could be a game breaker. Acuff has been a consistent short yardage guy and gets good downfield blocks. Our QB will get better with reps and throws and, as he gains confidence, will do a whole lot better. I think you'll be surprised where he's at by year's end. (BTW, I think you're still fighting an old battle. No sense to do so at this point.) Coach U will have us ready to compete in any game we are in and I've seen stranger things happen on any given Friday night. I repeat what someone else said a long time ago: "What would have Meadows done with this team?" I think that speaks to what Coach U has done.

Bud,  you're right on it.  My analysis precisely.  Barnyard, how can you say that the WOs are below average when they haven't even been thrown to that much?  I don't remember a receiver dropping a pass they should have caught (maybe a TE).  In fact, as a pair, I think Acuff and Crouch would be better than average if called on.  Crouch has great speed and could be a game breaker.  Acuff has been a consistent short yardage guy and gets good downfield blocks.  Our QB will get better with reps and throws and, as he gains confidence, will do a whole lot better.  I think you'll be surprised where he's at by year's end.  (BTW, I think you're still fighting an old battle.  No sense to do so at this point.)  Coach U will have us ready to compete in any game we are in and I've seen stranger things happen on any given Friday night.  I repeat what someone else said a long time ago:  "What would have Meadows done with this team?"  I think that speaks to what Coach U has done.

825360633[/snapback]

Very good post, this team would not be where it is today if Meadow was still. We simple don`t have the team to run his fun and gun offense. For sure we wouldn`t be this good on defense, and we would have alot of guys going both ways. Coach U has done a great job with this team so far, the only knock I have against him at this point is the number of times we throw the ball. We have 2 good WR's and a smart QB, we need to use them to balance out the offense. I`m also a little concerned that Chris might break down from carring most of the load on offense, and be burned out once the playoff arrive. The great thing about last year is, we had three great RB's that split the load (4 if you count Chris) This year we have 3 good RB's again, but we only use two, since John plays defense most of the time. I know that no one wants to make major changes at this point, but I would start Rabbit at FB, and let Mike Stanley and Steve Soloman rotate at OLB since we have depth there. That way we can use Trey and Chris together at RB, while still having a quick guy at FB, who actually is a true FB. Even though it looks like coach U doesn`t like to, I`m hoping that we start to throw the ball, now that these guys have a grasp of the offense.

Come on coach, just 10 passes a game :lol:

JeffCo won't have a problem against Karns.  The Beavers are one-dimensional, but lack the size and speed to present a serious threat to the Patriot defense.  I'd look for the Pats to win by 20+.

825357615[/snapback]

People need to keep an eye on Chris Shivedecker, this kid is good. if he was 2-3 steps faster he would be WOW!!! Different people in Jeff Co have told me all along that if he kept progressing like he has since middle school, that we would forget Scooter Houston. Scoot was very good but Shiv has got some moves and can change direction on a dime, and trust me he can take a lick. I've only seen him get up slow on one play so far this year, and he gets hit about 6 times on each carry before the defense gets him down.

Very good post, this team would not be where it is today if Meadow was still. We simple don`t have the team to run his fun and gun offense. For sure we wouldn`t be this good on defense, and we would have alot of guys going both ways. Coach U has done a great job with this team so far, the only knock I have against him at this point is the number of times we throw the ball. We have 2 good WR's and a smart QB, we need to use them to balance out the offense. I`m also a little concerned that Chris might break down from carring most of the load on offense, and be burned out once the playoff arrive. The great thing about last year is, we had three great RB's that split the load (4 if you count Chris) This year we have 3  good RB's again, but we only use two, since John plays defense most of the time. I know that no one wants to make major changes at this point, but I would start Rabbit at FB, and let Mike Stanley and Steve Soloman rotate at OLB since we have depth there. That way we can use Trey and Chris together at RB, while still having a quick guy at FB, who actually is a true FB. Even though it looks like coach U doesn`t like to, I`m hoping that we start to throw the ball, now that these guys have a grasp of the offense.

Come on coach, just 10 passes a game  :lol:

825360786[/snapback]

Guys, I can't stand it. Can anyone say anything about Jeff Co kicking game? This is the first year in the 5-8 that I've been acquainted with the team that anyone could punt the ball more than 30 yards, much less get a decent long snap.

Guys, I can't stand it.  Can anyone say anything about Jeff Co kicking game?  This is the first year in the 5-8 that I've been acquainted with the team that anyone could punt the ball more than 30 yards, much less get a decent long snap.

825360826[/snapback]

After every game I give props to the punter, he is one of the best punters in the state right now. Our kicker just hasn`t had to do much, but he is very capable of making big kicks. Both the kicker and punter are very important to this team, they are great weapons that alot of coaches wish the had.

Way to go, Mike and Travis.

People need to keep an eye on Chris Shivedecker, this kid is good. if he was 2-3 steps faster he would be WOW!!!  Different people in Jeff Co have told me all along that if he kept progressing like he has since middle school, that we would forget Scooter Houston.  Scoot was very good but Shiv has got some moves and can change direction on a dime, and trust me he can take a lick.  I've only seen him get up slow on one play so far this year, and he gets hit about 6 times on each carry before the defense gets him down.

825360820[/snapback]

Shivvy definitely impresses me moer that Scooter did mainly because of the power he bring in along with the speed and moves he has. He has the total package and will dominate the next two years. Wait....I think he's dominating now. :angry:

Guest region4fan

Just wanted to mention that Jpats5 was the one who kept jabbering on and on about Shiverdecker and how good he was going to be. Most of yall dismissed him, but looks like he was right. Scary, huh?

I seem to remember JC4Life being high on Shivy as well. I have to admit, I thought he was a get to the corner and turn it on guy and that's all. I was wrong. He's got more moves than Exlax. And some power to boot. Our kickers are good--our punter is D1 material if he learns to drop consistently. I think the Karns game will tell us a lot about the rest of the season. If we dominate--look out; if we struggle but win, who knows. I don't want to do just enough to win (run, run, run, play good D) but what we need to do to prepare to be a true contender when the play-offs start.

Too bad Shivy's losing the prep player of the week voting. 285 yards with five tds--it doesn't get much better than that!

Too bad Shivy's losing the prep player of the week voting.  285 yards with five tds--it doesn't get much better than that!

825361410[/snapback]

The prepextra player of the week is joke, Chris had one of the best nights stat wise in Jefferson Co history, and won`t have any hardware to show for it.

SHAME!