Franklin County @ Coffee County

FOOTBALLTIMENTN

also i had one other concern...it is weird how when we are winning that everyone wants to jump BACK ON the bandwagon...there when we was in a slump it was hard to pay someone to walk out on the field..but of course now that we won everyone is once again magically a Raider supporter!!

825364189[/snapback]

What he said. thumb

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he did look a bit hobbled....it looked like his ankles were gettin to him just a little bit....after jinx broke them....great game raiders and i'm with you treydaddy the fan support was awesome and i would like to see some of the other people quit complaining because they can't see and just stand up!! you are supposed to be their to support your raiders then do it and do it right!! It's not deadchester anymore alot of people are excited about football here again and it's wonderful now lets just get the rest of the people involved and it will be great!! Just maybe we can get that Home playoff game and make it electric there!! That's what i want to see and to get that home playoff game we need to win some more games and they will do that if the fan support continues to grow!! GREAT GAME RAIDERS!! GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY!!

Big shoutout to the athletes in Black and Red tonight with a great win. For the first time in 6 years that I have seen, I think that I really saw a team out there play fundamentally sound football on pure emotion and adrenaline. There were great individual efforts, but they were all within the context of the team concept. Sipe with the touchdown catch carrying a man into the end zone...Jinks with the move of the year to score the two point conversion (my jaw dropped when I saw it), Nick's second effort on fourth and inches after getting initially hit....A fumble recovery, two interceptions, a nearly perfectly played fourth quarter to finish it all off.

And for the first time in the 2004 season, I think that the CC coaches really pulled a rope-a-dope - and it came on Franklin County. This was one of the best called games by the offensive and defensive staffs that I have ever seen. The Rebels had no big plays - no plays at all over 18 yards. Biggest run was 12 yards. 190 yards surrendered on defense - 137 on the ground.

Coffee County made the plays when they had to - and made some serious plays that I'll never forget in terms of individual effort. This performance raises the bar for future Coffee County games - it is now a standard. Now we know how good this team can be under pressure and it should pay dividends down the road.

A very good win for Coffee Co against Franklin Co which might keep the Red Raiders from playing Riverdale in the play-offs. Though there are more important games left in the season, maybe the Red Raiders now have some momentum going which might get them into second place in the Region at the end of the regular season. I attended the game last nite and I admit I thought Franklin Co would win the game, but the Rebels seem to be getting worse as the season goes on and the Red Raiders are getting better. Congratulations to Coffee Co, but having the coffee pot in Tullahoma sure makes my coffee taste that much better this morning.

I am shocked.

Big time win for Coffee. 

Not much else i can say.  They may be proving me wrong from my analysis from earlier this year.

825364834[/snapback]

Festor, I wouldn't say that your analysis was flawed, just maybe a little presumptuous (which can get to all of us I think).

I think that we forget that a team that is 3-0 with an average winning differential of 30 points a game isn't that much better than a team that is 0-3, playing against tougher competition and losing by a field goal or less in all three games. Yes, a win is a win is a win and that's what counts towards playoff standing, but I think it's one of the most useless statistics to try and predict a winner of a game based on won/loss records. The only thing it is really good for is determining how well a team has figured out how to win. Clearly in Coffee County's case, three losses by a combined score of four points indicates that they needed to make one significant play in each of those games and they might come away winners in all three. They just didn't figure out what they needed to do to win until they were asked to become overachievers against Franklin County. By the low scores in Franklin County's games - and the fact that they were still pulling out wins - indicates that they knew how to win the close ones and what was needed.

So, picking Franklin County by three scores may have been right on (if you base that prediction on win/loss records). But in reality, Coffee County didn't know the formula of how to win a close ballgame. And unfortunately for the Rebels, they figured it out this week.

also i had one other concern...it is weird how when we are winning that everyone wants to jump BACK ON the bandwagon...there when we was in a slump it was hard to pay someone to walk out on the field..but of course now that we won everyone is once again magically a Raider supporter!!

Sad but true. This is common accurance with most programs. If you are a loyal supporter, you know who the other real supporters are. Not to say that a loyal supporter can be at every game. Anyhow, take all the support you acn get when you can get it.