Polk County vs. Tyner "RAMS"

TynerRamFan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry to hear about the loss for the craddocks. prayers from polk county. but we still have a game to play and yes that does make keelyn want to play harder. but the wildcats have never defeated tyner, and do you know what, polk has been a underdog every year and look at them now. this game will decide 1 and 2 in the region.

825362236[/snapback]

So your saying that Polk is going to beat Sequatchie??

I wouldn't count games b4 they are played!! :huh:

I'm going to go with Tyner in this one. They have good speed and can contain the ball. I don't think Polk County can beat the rams unless they can stop the run. If theyh can do that -- then this will be closer than some people think. But I still think Tyner will win this one big:

Tyner 34

PolK Co. 12

guys the final was tyner 21, polk14. the wildcats led for the majority of the game and we were in great scoring position on the 2 yard line but were stopped on fourth and goal. this team has alot of heart and the sky's the limit for them. as for tyner, great game, but i would like to see some posts from some of the ram fans to see what they think about polk.

guys the final was tyner 21, polk14. the wildcats led for the majority of the game and we were in great scoring position on the 2 yard line but were stopped on fourth and goal. this team has alot of heart and the sky's the limit for them. as for tyner, great game, but i would like to see some posts from some of the ram fans to see what they think about polk.

825364505[/snapback]

...I would have posted my comments earlier, however, I had to watch this game again on tape...OUTSTANDING GAME...here is the breakdown by quarters:

1st Quarter- Rams scored by basically mixing the run and the pass...the key play was the 40 yard pass reception to #3(Martez Mitchell) which put the ball inside Polk's 15 yard line...after a couple plays Keelyn Craddock scored on a keeper...Rams 7, Polk 0

2nd Quarter- Polk controlled this quarter by playing "power" football...running off tackle or up the middle with #32( Hamby)...#32 was Polk's bread-and-butter for the majority of time and he scored on a 5 yard run...we needed several RAMS to gang tackle him every time he touched the ball...then right before the half the Wildcats caught the RAMS napping( in single coverage) and hit the TE, # 18(Hicks) with touchdwn...Polk 14, RAMS 7(halftime)(Let me say that a beautiful touchdown pass from Craddock to Mitchell was called back due to an ineligible man downfield...it was for about 50 yards)

3rd Quarter-This is where the game turned around in favor of the RAMS...Polk received the ball first but the RAMS stopped them( 3 and out)...THIS QUARTER WAS CONTROLLED BY THE RAMS "DEFENSE"...Tyner again went to work on Offense and another beautiful 40 yard "fade" pass was caught by #2(Kevion Jones)...what made this one special was that Polk's cb was defending and the ball had to be thrown over-the-shoulders...the RAMS missed the PAT and after three quarters...Polk 14, RAMS 13....POLK COUNTY DID NOT GET A FIRST DOWN IN THE THIRD QUARTER

4th Quarter-The quarter started with the RAMS on the Polk 24 yard line and this was credited to Keelyn's running(RAMS made key 1st downs)...the 1st down made prior to the last touchdown made it 1st & GOAL(a short pass from Keelyn to Kevion)...and with 8:43 to go Joe Rutley scored on a 5 yard run...The RAMS needed to get the 2 point conversion and the pass from Craddock to Mitchell(with Polk defenders hanging on) was good...RAMS 21, Polk 14

...From this point forward I am reminded of the ole saying: "Offense puts fans in the seats, but "DEFENSE" wins games"...and the "D" definitely won it for TYNER!!!!

.....FINAL SCORE: 21-14 , RAMS

...A couple of points: 1) Polk played an excellent game 2) The goal line stand at the end of the game was the difference and 3) The players had gone thru a lot since the death in Craddocks' family on Tuesday...our prayers and sympathy are with them and also with the RAM players and Coaches who had to counsel these young men and it is a tribute to Keelyn and all others who continued to play excellent at such a tragic time!!!!

Good game by both teams sounds like!

Just though that I would let everyone know that the crowd went wild when they

announced the score of this game at the Meigs vs Seq.  Polk 14-7 at Halftime!

825364585[/snapback]

...Sounds like Polk Co. had several fans in Decatur last night <_< ...Anyway getting back to the game...

...Hopefully the Wildcat fans will start posting sometimes this morning and when they do can you answer one question for me???? #32 was your "Power" runner all night long...why did you go to #40 on that last series instead of #32??

...Can't say enough about the Ram "D" specifically #10(Desmond Hendricks) and #3(Martez Mitchell) who stopped #40 for a loss inside Tyner's 5yard line (actually they knocked him back about 2-3 yards on 4th down).

...The guys played an incredible "emotional" game and really had to dig deep to pull this one out...I normally don't like to use names for fear I may leave someone out but on "D" some of the names you may not read or hear about but contributed in the overall effort #7(Greg Owens), #5(Jeremy Langford), #8(Brandon Hughes), #22(Melvin White) the television announcers called #75(Carl Taylor) and #62 (Robert Thrasher)...

...I could go on but I'll "chill" for a minute ;)

...Sounds like Polk Co. had several fans in Decatur last night <_< ...Anyway getting back to the game...

...Hopefully the Wildcat fans will start posting sometimes this morning and when they do can you answer one question for me???? #32 was your "Power" runner all night long...why did you go to #40 on that last series instead of #32??

...Can't say enough about the Ram "D" specifically #10(Desmond Hendricks) and #3(Martez Mitchell) who stopped #40 for a loss inside Tyner's 5yard line (actually they knocked him back about 2-3 yards on 4th down).

...The guys played an incredible "emotional" game and really had to dig deep to pull this one out...I normally don't like to use names for fear I may leave someone out but on "D" some of the names you may not read or hear about but contributed in the overall effort #7(Greg Owens), #5(Jeremy Langford), #8(Brandon Hughes), #22(Melvin White) the television announcers called #75(Carl Taylor) and #62 (Robert Thrasher)...

...I could go on but I'll "chill" for a minute ;)

825364666[/snapback]

I wasn't at the Polk vs Tyner game

Unless you were talking to someone else then I'm sorry! Didn't understand :)