VOL Talk

scbballfreak

Did anybody listen to voltalk i think its called this morning on wivk. What a crock, they're comparing ainge to peyton manning, PEYTON MANNING! You have got to be kidding me, he is one of the best qbs to ever step foot on the feild, and that kid is a stinkin freshmen. And yes, ainge has proved himself, and is a very good quarterback to be so young, but its peyton manning, if he retired today he would go into the hall. It just makes me mad that people think a quaterback who is just a freshmen is just as good as one who is the best of all time. Give him a few years and he might get closer, but never will he surpass or even come close to peyton manning.

Did anybody listen to voltalk i think its called this morning on wivk. What a crock, they're comparing ainge to peyton manning, PEYTON MANNING! You have got to be kidding me, he is one of the best qbs to ever step foot on the feild, and that kid is a stinkin freshmen. And yes, ainge has proved himself, and is a very good quarterback to be so young, but its peyton manning, if he retired today he would go into the hall. It just makes me mad that people think a quaterback who is just a freshmen is just as good as one who is the best of all time. Give him a few years and he might get closer, but never will he surpass or even come close to peyton manning.

825357043[/snapback]

who's to say that he couldnt be as good as peyton, already done something peyton never did, beat florida

825357043[/snapback]

I did not hear what you heard, but what I have heard is Randy Sanders saying that they had put more on Erik Ainge at this point in his career than they had put on Peyton. I agree with your sentiment that he has miles to go before he is another Peyton, but at this point in their respective careers, he may be ahead of where Peyton was. That does not mean his potential is greater than Peyton's. There are so many factors to consider. What if he gets seriously hurt? What if he gets in some kind of trouble? What if he grows discontented at Tennessee? Let's give him some more time. I love the way his career has started, don't you?

I did not hear what you heard, but what I have heard is Randy Sanders saying that they had put more on Erik Ainge at this point in his career than they had put on Peyton.  I agree with your sentiment that he has miles to go before he is another Peyton, but at this point in their respective careers, he may be ahead of where Peyton was.  That does not mean his potential is greater than Peyton's.  There are so many factors to consider.  What if he gets seriously hurt?  What if he gets in some kind of trouble?  What if he grows discontented at Tennessee?  Let's give him some more time.  I love the way his career has started, don't you?

825357437[/snapback]

I like Schaeffer (sp???)

Ainge is good, and he fits the TN QB model, but I like Brent.

Ainge is proto-type to the favored offensive style that Fulmer and Sanders have set in concrete at UT. Schaeffer is a "Condredge Holloway" type that can make big plays out of nothing, but UT doesn't like to gamble on raw talent carrying the load when all the chips are on the table. Look for Ainge to take over by the 5th or 6th game same as Manning did over Stewart. As for the comments about Ainge not being as good as Peyton?????????????????? Records are made to be broken and LEGENDS are meant to be replaced over time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Can u say Tee Martin? That is who Schaeffer reminds me of. I think UT has greater success with a QB that doesn't make mistakes and can make something out of nothing. I think both QB's are great and hope they stick it out together. The coaching staff better not play favorites or this situation will get ugly.

825360752[/snapback]

The coaching staff is not playing favorites; they're giving more playing time to the quarterback who has more complete mastery of the system -- Ainge. Schaeffer is a tremendous athlete and is fun to watch, but has problems seeing downfield at this point, and is too eager to scramble. Hopefully, as both continue to improve, they'll be able to divide the playing time more evenly after Schaeffer proves that he can consistently stay in the pocket and hit his receivers.

Ainge's decision process is very good. He also appears to have the strongest arm as a freshman that I can remember at UT. He made two throws last week that would rival the best in speed and accuracy for most NFL teams. You're seeing signs of greatness that may even occur more often. Time will tell. He's apparently made of the right stuff. This kid, if he develops to full potential, may make us all forget the games of yesteryear. Ainge is a developing phenom complimented by the best running back staff since '98. This could be fun! I could be all wrong about him but if I were a betting man, he has "Heiseman" potential in his future. Yes, I know, I used the "H" word. But hey, If he's making decisions this well as a freshman, you have to wonder........ <_<