Maryville beats Powell 42-10

Rebel96

Hey everybody!  Jon is going to have surgery on his right ACL - in about two to three weeks.  Rehab is starting immediately and Jon will be ready to assist the team this year as they win state - and will be back better than ever next year!  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  GO REBS!  The Rebs Coaching Staff and Team are THE BEST!!!!!!! thumb

825367807[/snapback]

We wish Jon a speedy recovery. Jon is still a member of this TEAM and his presence on the sideline will be a great benefit to his TEAMmates.

The rest of the defense will have to pick it up a notch and play a little harder and Jon being there with them will help them "Git er Dunn."

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest factor is we have lost another impact player. The kids who step into the spots will have to step up like other players have done the past few years to continue the Rebel tradition of success despite loses to injury.

TC, if he gets the nod he will step up or take a seat. It's that simple. The kids who get allot of snaps for Maryville are capable of winning the next 8 games should we continue to win. No one is irreplaceable, Team game! Go Rebs.

QUESTION WHERE DID THIS LAWHON KID COME FROM HAVE NOT SEEN HIM COME THROUGH THE PROGRAM. I SAW THE GAME FRIDAY NIGHT AND HAVE READ ALL THAT YOU GUYS HAVE WROTE. I SAW HIM COME OFF THE FIELD FRIDAY NIGHT DID NOT THINK ANYTHING OFF IT BECAUSE IF IT IS A ACL YOU DONT RUN OFF THE FIELD ON YOUR ON POWER. THIS MUST BE ONE TUFF KID. SAW HIM LAY SOME HARD SHOTS ON THAT QB AND RUN HIM DOWN IN THE OPEN FIELD. DO YOU KNOW IF ANYONE IS TALKING TO HIM ABOUT COLLAGE. I BET THERE IS A TEAM THAT CAN USE THIS KID.

Edited by oldlinebacker56

Don't get me wrong, Maryville is very good this year and i love my Rebels. I think however, our #1 ranking could be based solely on tradition. State champs in 64', 70', 76', 78', 98', 00', 01', and 02' really puffs my chest out... I'm just not sure this year's team is in the same category. No question we have the best coaching staff in the state, and this could be what takes us to the 'boro. The loss of Lawhon will be difficult to replace and I hope that someone will step up and do the job. Our RB's (#32 and #26) are strong and break tackles, our QB (#7) is the real deal and may be the best in the state other than Ferguson of DB. I feel really good about our O, but my concern is with the Rebel's D. I love #98 and #52, but against Powell their QB got outside the edge for big gains, and we were susceptible to the short passing game. Let's be realistic, if Powell's QB doesn't fumble on the goaline in the 3rd quarter, then we have a 21-17 dogfight on our hands. But this of course did not happen and we caught some breaks, then ran away with it.

To say we can't go back to the 'boro... I sure hope so, but some of the posts I am reading about our beloved Rebels are very bold and I don't want to take any team for granted right now.

Go Rebs!