Morristown West Fans2

bloodscanner

B,

The boys have worked hard, there is no disputing that. Throughout the summer, in the weight room and fall camp. I too believe they finish without giving up.

I suppose my posts would equate when I'd bring home a less than stellar report card and get the talk from parents. They give that speech only because they care and want only the best for their child and performance equaling capability.

There are some big shoes to fill with the personnel changes from last year and there probably are some expectations out there with the run the team has made. However, no team can live on legacy alone. And with a totally different team than last years, maybe such lofty expectations aren't that fair.

The kids are a great bunch. Only they know what drives their intensity and willingness to work as a team.

I'll still continue to be there every Friday until the TSSAA says there are no more games for us to play this year, and I'll help defend against anyone who tries to badmouth these kids or the coaches.

Thick and thin.

GO TROJANS !!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big time program one that has earned respect over the past several years. I will always support the team, the players and the coachs but this is not little league. Lets call black, black and white, white. This team is in trouble and there will have to be some type of major chane to fix it. Maybe moving around the personal, coach Woods and company have a way of fiting players where they should be. I don't think you give up on this year but if things don't get better and the conf. slips away then maybe you use the rest of the year to prepare for the future...maybe. If it can be fixed then Coach Wood and Coach Brown will get it fixed....Go Trojans!!!

I'm with dip--

any other fans like to comment, show their support?--

Trojans, I'm with you all the way----

825370461[/snapback]

I am a Trojan faithful supporter. I was last year at 1-3 and this year at 2-4. It is a very complicated team this year, Kids playing new positions, younger players, coaching staff changes, a schedule equal to last year's. It is not as cut and dried as some may think. I know this week has been upbeat for the team with discussions of heart, soul, intensity and team pride being held by the players. As Coach Woods said this will be a challenging week for the team but I think they will meet the task. If their were any "I's" there isn't now. The season isn't over and I have faith the Trojans will be a different team for the balance of the year.

Ok, I'm a TRUE Trojan Fan...ive stayed ALL GAME at all the west games this year, even EAST and MARYVILLE...I'm probably one of the loudest in the student section, and even when we were down big friday night i was still waving my flag every time we made a big play...I wish west wasnt filled with so many fair weather fans that usually dont know anything about football that complain when the team doesnt win..and when they complain, its always the same thing-THE QB'S FAULT...well only a stupid person could have said that friday night..john minnich was great. and he broke alot of tackles and took a whole bunch too and still hung in there for the better part of the game. Hopefully we can get more spirit into our fans like we did last year....but then again last year we were winning alot and we have alot of fair weather fans at our school..

ALWAYS A TROJAN FAN

Ok, I'm a TRUE Trojan Fan...ive stayed ALL GAME at all the west games this year, even EAST and MARYVILLE...I'm probably one of the loudest in the student section, and even when we were down big friday night i was still waving my flag every time we made a big play...I wish west wasnt filled with so many fair weather fans that usually dont know anything about football that complain when the team doesnt win..and when they complain, its always the same thing-THE QB'S FAULT...well only a stupid person could have said that friday night..john minnich was great. and he broke alot of tackles and took a whole bunch too and still hung in there for the better part of the game. Hopefully we can get more spirit into our fans like we did last year....but then again last year we were winning alot and we have alot of fair weather fans at our school..

ALWAYS A TROJAN FAN

825371619[/snapback]

2007, I haven't heard anything negative about Minnich or any other one player from anybody that knows Trojan football. The players know a team wins, not an individual, and have focused on that this week. Maybe the fairweather fans will come around when the weather gets colder come November.

Look,

Its hard to have played on this team recently, and put so much of your heart and soul into it, and to see the tradition you've tried to add to treated so lightly by this year's team. Always, always, winning or losing, it seemed like you could count on West to do several things: 1)Play more physically than their opponent 2) Dig deep down to find a way to score and tackle 3)Play with overall prideful intensity. You can't tell me that this team doesn't have the talent (they do), and I know it isn't the coaching (proven winners, every one of them). So what's the problem? Leadership? It shouldn't be. Brady Tillman, Matt Mart, John Minnich, Bradley James, John Henderson, Sean McClellan, Jeremy Smith: all were a part of nearly every game last year (except Brady, but nobody can question his heart). I think Coach said it best: "We're a spoiled football team right now." This seems to be a team that expects to win merely on the accolades of those who came before them. And even that is a poor excuse (if it were true, then after the Jeff game, they would have said, "hey, we're not as good as we thought we were, let's play harder").

I'm no fair weather fan, but then, this looks like no West football team I've ever seen. And I'm someone who still very much considers himself to be a Trojan.

Fair Weather Fan? not really

Disillusioned, disappointed fan? yes, somewhat