S.Hill vs Jefferson Co

JC4life

How will S.Hill losing their starting QB effect what they do on offense. Will they now run the ball alot? How good is the backup QB, and how will the offense change with him now starting?

825369087[/snapback]

I think we can presume that the passing game will not be as strong as it was. Surely, they'll try to get the ball in the hands of their best player who is a WR (3 td's against Bearden). I don't think they'll be able to stretch the field with him but will try little dump passes, delay screens, slants, etc. Of course, they'll have to run the ball but it'll be hard to rely on something that has not been a strength against a team that does well against the run. Unless the new QB has a career night, there couldn't have been a much bigger blow to SC unless the WR himself had been hurt. As we have seen this year, WRs are ineffective if you can't get the ball to them. This changes the complexion of the game completely. I say we go after the new QB hard and often--maybe even a jailbreak or two. If he is rattled from the start it could be a long night for SC. Maybe, our defense will do something it hasn't done this year--score off of a turnover.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill's passing game will be non-existent. Shoun passed for 300 yards last game and has seen almost all of the snap all season. Two inexperienced sophomores and a wide reciever will try their hand at signal calling.

All Jeff County has to do is stack the line and let the QBs make mistakes. SH's running back has been injured hisself a game or two this season and has rushed for 100 yards only once i believe.

It isn`t that we were out of position alot friday night, we just couldn`t tackle to save our lives. Both front 7's didn`t play too well, I haven`t been to impressed with some players on our o-line. Chris has had to do alot on his own, in fact I would venture to say that if it were any other RB, they wouldn`t be doing half as good. The proof is in how many yard Trey is able to get, Trey is a good RB but he needs holes to run through. Shiverdecker doesn`t need the type of holes that most backs do. I expect our defensive front to bounce back, but I`m still worried about the offensive line. We can`t pass block to save our lives, it has cost us in every game we`ve lost. I hope coach Anderson rides those guys all week, so that when we actually want to pass, we have the time.

825367645[/snapback]

The o-line is weak, but Caoch U made all those changes after the first game, he desided to make his D strong and let the O be as good as the could with a weaker o-line, if you don't let people score you can't lose. Kline is a top o-lineman but he can't do it all.

BUT it is not all their fault, the QB is weaker at his position. He could have made some of the plays if he were a better QB, (because of his knee he can't get away from anyone) and he does not throw the ball correctly. Coach U is going to win with D, the O has been a suprise to him if he would tell you the truth.

The o-line is weak, but Caoch U made all those changes after the first game, he desided to make his D strong and let the O be as good as the could with a weaker o-line, if you don't let people score you can't lose. Kline is a top o-lineman but he can't do it all.

BUT it is not all their fault, the QB is weaker at his position. He could have made some of the plays if he were a better QB, (because of his knee he can't get away from anyone) and he does not throw the ball correctly. Coach U is going to win with D, the O has been a suprise to him if he would tell you the truth.

825370248[/snapback]

As Reagan said to Carter: "There you go again." Barnyard, you are relentless in your criticism of our QB. The fact is, he is the best QB that is still playing for the team. 'Nuff said!

825370248[/snapback]

Actually he let the players decide which side of the ball they wanted to play on, most of the good ones chose defense. You are way off on the o-line/QB thing, the FEW times that we have thrown the ball our o-line hasn`t pass blocked very well. When they pass block well, and Ben has time, he throws good passes. You really need to let the QB thing go, nothing you say will make thing change.

Don`t worry, be happy. :rolleyes:

825370248[/snapback]

Barnyard, regardless of your motivation about the QB, I agree. #17 hasn't made but one play all year, the CC pass. We lost at Rhea Co. in the 4th qtr because we couldn't pass, we lost at DB because we couldn't pass, we lost at Karns because we tried to pass. Not trying to say I told you so, but look back at week 2 & 3, we were talking about the same thing. This isn't a slam at Ben. I think he's trying hard, I think he's a gamer and I thought he was a good safty last year. We went from state contenders to a 500 team, all because of Coach U inability to either develop players or develop an offensive scheme that isn't one dimensional (I feel Oakland 2001's blood pressure rising). If our QB will make some plays, defenses will have to respect the pass. Right now, teams can put 8 in the box with no fear. Five or six can't block 8. I have said for a couple of weeks now that we need to see the back-up QB. Maybe design a few plays with Crouch @ QB, take advantage of his speed on the bootleg, QB draw, etc. Some heat has to be taken off Shivy to carry all the load.

first question, Who does Karns have left to play? I'm pretty sure they play db the same night JC plays SC, and I'm not sure if they have CC left or not.

Well I see it as Jeff Co. plays really well under the lights in Dumplin Valley so they should be able to win against both Science Hill and Sevier Co. in the valley. If they can get away from the goose egg on the road and beat both Bearden and South Doyle i believe that they will end up finishing second b/c DB will beat Karns because they are looking for some revenge from last year plus i believe its in Kingsport so they'll have the Fred rocking. I believe that Karns will slip up somewhere and lose another game which will put us in 2nd. Even if CC ends up w/ just 2 loses, we own the tiebreaker on head to head and therefore JC will get the first round game at home.

Why the heck are we back on this QB thing again? I thought we had this discussion 2/3 weeks ago. Coach U put Ben back there, End of story. I don't understand why we keep coming back to 1 kid winning or losing the game for JC when i takes 11 guys to play each down. I really wish people would get off their soap boxes and realize that Ben is playing with all his heart and skills, yea he may not be able to throw the ball 60 yards, but he's doing what coach u is asking of him. Enough said. Go patriots and good job Ben keep up the hard work.[/size]

While it is true the O-Line may not be the strongest part of the team and Chris makes yards on sheer talent, please keep in mind these kids were thrown together 5 weeks ago for the first time. Not using that as an excuse but it's a fact and you can't expect them to be clicking on all cylinders in short time and as posted earlier it's hard to picked up everyone when the D is bringing the house even when we are in passing situations. I think they are doing well but did have problems against Karns but so did the D. They should continue to improve over the next 4 weeks and in time for the the playoffs. Hopefully we will develope more of a passing game in the next couple of weeks to make the opposing D pull back some. I think getting Stanley in at TE will help although we are not talking about deep routes but even short routes will eventually open up deepert routes for Acuff and Crouch.

Something that I did see last week during and after the game was bickering between the players themselves. That doesn't fit this team well and I hope we don't see that again. As it has been said many times before this team is full of players who have a lot of heart, unity and desire to win. Players taking it upon themselves to call out other players proves no benefit. Some may call it leadership but leading is not what I saw oir heard. Comment heard "I'm only 1 man I can do the job for all of you", and before assumptions are made it was not a RB talking. Good luck Friday night in Dumplin Valley!!!!

Why the heck are we back on this QB thing again? I thought we had this discussion 2/3 weeks ago.  Coach U put Ben back there, End of story.  I don't understand why we keep coming back to 1 kid winning or losing the game for JC when i takes 11 guys to play each down.  I really wish people would get off their soap boxes and realize that Ben is playing with all his heart and skills, yea he may not be able to throw the ball 60 yards, but he's doing what coach u is asking of him.  Enough said.  Go patriots and good job Ben keep up the hard work.[/size]

825371023[/snapback]

Sak, I think you are missing the point. I don't think anyone is hounding Ben. We are completely one dimensional. The quarterback position has to make some plays and he hasn't, plain and simple. If something doesn't change, you will see more post on this subject. Based on injuries at SH, we should have a blow out Friday night. However, have you noticed that we have lost every game that is close. It irresponsible on the coach's part not to add something to or change something on the offense to make us more effective.